+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Crystal Cox: Survivor Gabon

Re: Crystal Cox: Survivor Gabon

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3187508;
    An Olympic gold medalist? Impressive. I hope she's around long enough for some good physical challenges - we don't see enough truly athletic women on Survivor. I want to see her in action.
    Ditto, hope she lives up to that bio in challenges, however I do agree with the person who posted that they will see her as a huge threat if she tells them she's a world class athlete and boot her out as quickly as possible. I'm rooting for her though.

Quote Originally Posted by ko_vixen;3186194;
    She better keep that fact that she's an olympic athlete under wraps...if not she will definately be a target!
    She said she would in an interview Dalton Ross had with her. She knows that it's obvious to everyone that she's an athlete, but she's going to say she plays some sort of sport, like basketball.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I don't see wy they should boot Crystal out first for being athletic, as it's always been the rule on Survivor for the biggest, strongest men to stay around way past the time they should go home, "to help win challenges", even if they don't do much else.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

ok I like her, hope she does well. I want to know what the BF does, says SHE is the sole provider.
    snipped.. Cox currently lives with her daughter, Destiny, her boyfriend Harry and his son in Durham.
    If your not the lead dog the scenery never changes

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3194319;
    I don't see wy they should boot Crystal out first for being athletic, as it's always been the rule on Survivor for the biggest, strongest men to stay around way past the time they should go home, "to help win challenges", even if they don't do much else.
    Simple. It's called "a double standard".

It depends a lot if the initial alliances form around gender or not. If they do, the muscleheads will use the "get rid of the strongest woman" card quite easily.

Admittedly the initial alliances could be a "jocks vs. geeks" type thing instead. In which case you might get some group of guys bonding with Cox and one or two other girls against the "weak ones". The problem is that those alliances frequently have a sexual undertone to them, and Cox not only doesn't seem to be the type to lean towards flirtation, according to her bio she's also taken.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Durham NC in the HOUSE!!!

Gotta root for the hometown, even though I loathe this god forsaken state.

hooray.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by workn2hard2day;3201676;
    ok I like her, hope she does well. I want to know what the BF does, says SHE is the sole provider.
    snipped.. Cox currently lives with her daughter, Destiny, her boyfriend Harry and his son in Durham.
    Maybe he's the househusband, does the childcare for both their kids?

I couldn't find a "Meet Crystal" video on the CBS website today. Has there ever been one?
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Quote Originally Posted by GingerLVNV;3201767;
    Durham NC in the HOUSE!!!

Gotta root for the hometown, even though I loathe this god forsaken state.

hooray.
    Me too! Good ol' N.C. with only two seasons a year-- hot, humid pre-summer, and freakin miserable hot HUMID summer.

My hubby said that while she is an olympic athlete, she will have little endurance (she ran a 100m leg, 1/4 of the track, which means shes a sprinter and trained as such) and may not be quite as athletically strong as we may think... but who knows? Outside of that, I'm still not 100% sure I like her personality, and it may be too close to call but it doesn't seem like she is nearly as intelligent as some of the other contestants. Of course, no one on Fang right now seems overly intelligent. Does anyone plan on attempting to make an alliance there anytime soon?

FORT Fan

After the first episode(s), she is my favorite player along with Randy

+ Reply to Thread