+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Crystal Cox: Survivor Gabon

Re: Crystal Cox: Survivor Gabon

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3248617;
    I had to cut her a little slack about that because those things are a bitch to move in, particularly going up hill - it's like wearing ankle weights.
    Why would you cut her any slack at all? As a track star doesn't she know what to wear and what to avoid?

But she wasn't going to run track. That's like saying Lance Armstrong should wear biker shorts everywhere or Mike Phelps should wear a speedo underneath every outfit he wears (okay, maybe he does, who knows). The point is none of these survivors ever show up ready to play the game. It's always sprung on them that the game starts now, and they are left wearing whatever they are wearing.

She knew she would be competing, and her earliest confessionals talked about how speedy she would be. So, she was treating it like track, and of all people, she should have known better.

I think it would be a good question for her interview - were the shoes she wore the ones she intended to wear during the competition.

I always thought that the contestants were told they'd be going on another photo shoot and were basically told to dress for that occassion. It's the reason why we have seen so many blurs on our screen over the years. They also aren't allowed to layer their clothes. So it's one of those things where I'd have to give her the same pass for the shoes that I'd give any of the other ladies for wearing the wrong bra or for the guys wearing the wrong underwear. it's actually one of the things about Survivor that I wish they would change. Just let them show up not wearing layers, but at least wearing athletic clothing.

I understand, KIR, but I think in this case her footwear was what she intended to use - which I have gathered were high performance shoes, just not appropriate for rough, unstable conditions. And too darn heavy.

Well if she actually thought those shoes would be a good idea on Survivor I can't imagine where her head was. Those shoes looked like they weighed 10 lbs. each, and I gather that they felt the same way. Huge mistake on her part if indeed she thought she may have to play the game in those. I'm sure the shoe question will come up once her game is over since she made such a point of mentioning the weight of them.

I know, I myself have bought shoes that felt fine in the store, but the more I wore them and did things in, the more uncomfortable they became.........Just because Crystal chose those shoes doesn't mean they were comfortable and sprinters (runner) shoes are alot different than they shoes that Crystal is wearing on survivor so to her those shoes probably are heavy.........

So her shoes were her excuse for the first challenge. What's her excuse for her poor performance in almost every single challenge since then? I don't have a problem with someone not being good at all the challenges. But Crystal comes across as such a whiner. She acts real tough and in your face sometimes, but doesn't follow through. Like the whole deal with spilling the rice. You spilled the rice. Big deal. Clean it up and move on. But she had to make such an issue of it. Refusing to eat and then berating the others for not insisting that she eat. I was prepared to like her from what I'd read about her before the show, but she has really disappointed me.

Personally to me, Crystal doesn't whine as much as Matt, I guess I just like her.....

Maybe it's just the edit she's been given. She is far from being one of my favorites, but I really did like how she came across in her 1-1 after the family visit. Her face was softer, she seemed to be glowing from within, and her words were so positive. Duh, the family visits make a difference. And who's to say what anyone would act like, undergoing the harsh conditions and people dynamics, anyway?

+ Reply to Thread