+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Crystal Cox: Survivor Gabon

FORT Fogey

Re: Crystal Cox: Survivor Gabon

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;3234921;
    Crystal is bugging me less than she used to and I can't figure out why yet She's still irritating but I find her amusing at tribal councils.
    Yeah, me too. She is not doing that annoying "attitude arguing" that she did earlier in the game. "Don't disrespect me", in the face of her disrespecting others. Or the broken record method of repeating the same phrase over and over instead of talking through a problem. She was condescending and irritable when things were not going her way. Her social game was horrific. It may still be but we only see the edit we are given.

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3243390;
    OK...so I know this is bad but when I look at Crystal sometimes I think of that line in the movie Deuce Bigalow "THAT'S A HUGE B***H!" I'm sorry. I know that's totally rude but I can't help it!
    When I see her abysmal performances in the challenges & consider that she won Olympic Gold, I have to ask if she was the baton in the relay race. She couldn't have been running....

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3243390;
    OK...so I know this is bad but when I look at Crystal sometimes I think of that line in the movie Deuce Bigalow "THAT'S A HUGE B***H!" I'm sorry. I know that's totally rude but I can't help it!
    Good one.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3243802;
    When I see her abysmal performances in the challenges & consider that she won Olympic Gold, I have to ask if she was the baton in the relay race. She couldn't have been running....
    If she was the baton she would have been dropped, that's how bad her athletic performances have been.
    Other than that hang onto a pole one.
    On the other hand I'm thinking her conniving skills have been not half bad. She definitely picked a good ally. And I think she was smart not to get sucked into Marcus' onion alliance as the outer peel.

FORT Fogey

I think Ken is the reason she is in her sweet spot. He aligned with her and saw she would be loyal. Not sure if it was Crystal's doing. She clearly nurtured that, knowing he had some power, for sure. But to go to a place where I think she engineered anything? NO.

Ken had no power when they aligned. They found each other by default. Nobody was truly interested in either one of them, and they both knew that as Fang dwindled either of them could be next to go. So they formed an alliance. They've both done some work to preserve one another. I think she's done okay for herself considering all things.

Back to the olympian thing. Being an olympian means she's likely guaranteed to be great at one thing, her one thing is running fast on flat ground in the proper footwear. Now if they have a track race and she loses, I've got no explaination for you. With her size, it did not surprise me that she did well with the pole challenge. Brute force and no cordination necessary. On the other hand, with her size, I do not expect her to be the most cordinated or agile female. I played basketball for many years, and trust me I've seen some agile big people, some people that are just big. I did very well at it, I'm tall so people expected that of me, yet I know plenty of tall people who can't play. Because I was tall I was also encouraged to run track. Hated it. Did okay, but no better than anyone else who exhibited at least some athleticism, was only on par with some whom I should have had the advantage on. Did well at other sports, average at some, haven't truly sucked at a sport, but I haven't tried them all, and I know there are some I'd certainly be well below average at. However, I was often chosen first, because people would rather take their chances and see how I'd do, knowing that as a person who does well in at least one sport I am competitive, and just being competitive helps sometimes.

Thankfully for Crystal she can be competitive in this particular game without being athletic. It may even be an advantage at times, because a loser is not a threat. The mental game is probably the most important aspect of Survivor, and anything else is a bonus. The athlete loses more times than not on Survivor. It's def. not the olympics, that's for sure. She's been as much an asset to Ken as he's been to her. Ken is simply the more high profile player. Bad for Ken actually, and good for Crystal, because even though she may be a "big b^%ch" she sure can slide under that radar at times. It's always nice for her if there is a "bigger" fish to fry.

ohhhhhhhhh, I agree KeepitReal, well written......

keepitreal,

I mostly agree with everything you said. But, I have to disagree on the athleticism part. Take just the first challenge as an example. They all had to run the same course, under the same conditions, wearing shoes not so outfitted for such an expedition, yet most of these untrained athletes beat her. You would think that someone that has trained for years as a world class track star would be able to outrun the typical schmuck off the street under almost any circumstance.

Well I could be wrong for not putting too much added pressure on her for having that medal. Looking at her she looks to still be in shape, however noone can debate the fact that her conditioning is not up to par these days. Add to the fact that she is not only tall but rather muscular it's common to expect her to dominate. Years after I stopped playing sports I looked to be in perfect shape. However, if I had to run to catch a bus it would take me 10 minutes to catch my breath. The average 60 year old who jogged three times a week would have looked better than I did after a short run. I'm sure I would have been breathing harder than they would have back in those days. The point I was trying to make is that she WAS a world class athlete. Currently she's a typical unconditioned schmuck. However, if she were to say she works out reguarly just as she did when she was training for the olympics I would have to wonder why she's performed the way she did, and I'd likely think she was lying for even saying it.

Did I just see a commercial with the announcer saying there is a marriage proposal while the camera was on Crystal?

Now...that would be interesting!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread