+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: How do we get there from here? The Final 2 *spoilers*

Originally posted by holly71
    I think even if (and that's a BIG IF) Rob were to re-align with Butch, christi, & Matt, he's STILL playing for #4 at best. They can use HIM & as soon as Butch, Christi, & Matt have the #'s advantage, they'll get rid of scheming Rob.
    I disagree with that. Matthew still thinks that Rob is his best friend, and Butch will do whatever Matt says just to stay in the game. Christy is the outsider in this group of four, and Rob is the #1.

Only Matthew's physical superiority would keep Rob from being in the top two. I truly believe that Jenna can manipulate either of these boys to take her with them.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

Your assessment of the relative rankings is right on, spegs...for the moment. BUT, given enough time, even Paschal and Neleh figured out how to play the game. Christy and Butch could do the same.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Christy and Butch? Who are they and what show are they on?

FORT Fan
    Originally posted by Paulie
    Not even Colby won four straight IC's, did he? I thought Nick nabbed one in the middle there. Did Kelly win four consecutive ICs in S1?
    She did. In fact, she won the last 4 immunity challenges. If Mateo does something similar, it would be very difficult for a reasonably intelligent jury member NOT to vote for him to win, since it would be patently obvious at that point that Matt played the game the best (in terms of winning immunities being essential to him staying in the game). If he even loses one along the way, he'd be gone. The same held true for Kelly in S1...the vaunted Tagi alliance would've given her the boot the first opportunity they could but for the fact that she won the last four immunities.

Alas they, like this crew, will probably not take that into consideration when they make their final vote. I'm afraid if Matt makes the final two by becoming an immunity hog, it will work against him, and Jenna will be $1 million richer (before taxes of course). Notice how I qualified the jury members as being "reasonably intelligent" in order for Mateo to win...

Originally posted by tmcrae
    Notice how I qualified the jury members as being "reasonably intelligent" in order for Mateo to win...
    Exactly. That's the kicker, and it could doom Matt if he gets there.

The other factor working against him is the historical trend for jury members to devalue physical/Immunity prowess versus more cerebral tribal manipulation. IF Matthew can present some degree of strategic thinking along with winning the next five Immunities (that's six in a row, if I'm doing my math correctly), then, yes, he could win. Otherwise, he'll have to contend with the fact that Rob has painted him as a clueless pawn to the rest of the tribe up to this point.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Originally posted by holly71
    Even if Matt wins, that bee-yotch will still get $100K. That sucks.
    Think of it in terms of her losing $900,000, it's much more comforting that way
    "That's Numberwang!"

hehehe! A little bit, but I'd still rather see her get nothing. But between her & Haystack, er, Heidi, I guess I'd rather have Jenna.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Thanks for the comforting thought, Fluff!

Here's a final episode that I'm sure CBS would have loved to have:

Matthew wins all the IC's and after the last one, he has to choose between Heidi and Jenna for the final two.

Can you imagine what those girls would do, or maybe should I say what wouldn't they do, to be his choice.

"Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

WOW I NEVER would have thought that good ol' Matt had a chance of getting to the final two. I'd really like that though and now that I've read this spoiler I'll keep my fingers crossed. But alas, I just don't feel he can do it. The string of IC victories he'd have to rack up just seems unsurmountable. I was sure he'd be gone next episode and furthermore Jenna and Matt is a very unlikely pair for Final 2 in my opinion. But God do I wish it would be so. I have new hope for Mateo! I was just so sure he'd be making the long walk into the shadows next episode. Thanks for the perspective.

I've heard so many different "Final 2" spoilers, that I try not to believe any.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

+ Reply to Thread