+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Matt Really That Dumb?

Is Matt Really That Dumb?

Matt is such an enigma to me. His bio and his attitude and even the way he looks at things make him LOOK smart, yet he seems to be playing right into Rob's hands. I mean sometimes he looks at Rob while Rob is giving his BS like he's hanging on to his every word! I'd love to think Matt is in control of Rob but I can't see it. I think what surprises me the most is how in now two tribal councils, he has said that he doesn't feel threatened. The Deena/Jenna/Heidi/Rob/Alex alliance (before the power struggle of course) kept saying "Matt is next". In fact when Deena decided to vote off Alex she said "If Matt wins immunity, Alex goes", clearly showing that Matt was next on the list.

Here are what I think the most important points about Matt:

1) The way he hangs onto Rob's every word and relays things to Butch seem like he's REALLY playing into Rob's hands. Almost too much. Is this an act or not? There is simply no hard evidence for or against this.

2) He keeps acting and saying that he isn't threatened, yet he is clearly high -if not first- on other people's lists

Leo
    Premium Member
    It's difficult to say. I doubt he's entirely as clueless as the show makes him out to be. However, I haven't seen any evidence that he has a sharp game plan either.

Please let him be an ingenious mastermind who knows exactly how to pander to Rob's insecurities. Ohpleaseohpleaseohplease...
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I'm hoping he has some evil plan brewing that involves him ripping Rob's heart out and eating it whole.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I have to believe Mateo's smarter than he appears. Because if he's not, then we're all in trouble. The horny leading the stupid.

The horny leading the stupid indeed!

I honestly can't decide what I think about Matt.

One second I think he's brilliant and has to be playing the game well. That the producers love the way they can edit him to make it look like he's not playing at all.

Then I look and shake my head in disbelief at how gullible he is for believing Rob

I just don't know, but I hope, like Paulie, that he really is playing well.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Exactly my thoughts! (Horney Leading stupid)

I really hope Matt will prove to be a great player this season.
    His apparently unshakable faith in Rob is very misplaced imo.

I hope Matt is somehow playing Rob in revenge for Rob telling Ryan he'd vote out Roger at the first tc.
    "That's Numberwang!"

The horny leading the stupid

I don't think Matt is quite THAT stupid. I remember the episode with Daniel when Daniel confessed about Matt's Cantonese. Matt looked like he wet his pants.

Maybe he's trying to act dumb and 'allow' himself to be played.

Maybe he's using the power of positive thinking and believes if he acts like he's safe, he'll trick others into thinking he is.

Or maybe Butch and Matt have seriously brainstormed.

I'd like to think that's been happening.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

All the evidence we're given on the show points to Matt really being just the "rudderless psycho" he seems to be. If he does have a master plan, none of the other survivors know about it so I don't see how it can help him.

Of course, after his rather amazing display at the two challenges, he could well pull a Colby and stay around long enough to fracture the lazy foursome.

His skill at arms just killed me last night. Life imitating Paulie!
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast