+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Matt Really That Dumb?

FORT Fogey
    Personally I think Matt isn't dumb, but I think it's very possible that he really isn't totally "there" you know? Just consider the machete thing. He does creep me out. I don't think he suspects Rob either. He's too trusting.

I remember Matt looking upset when Daniel talked about the Cantonese at TC, the next day on the Early Show, Daniel said that they spoke Cantonese infront of everyone any way, so it wasn't a secret

Still not a smart move, but it's not like Daniel spilled the beans.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I think Matt's pretty sharp, and if NOTHING else, please let him outlast wanky-boy Rob. This is just a theory, but I think he kind of likes the fact that his appearance can creep people out, and I am sure he uses it to his advantage.

I agree with NYGal and Simbna. It is difficult to swallow that Matt is a wide-eyed innocent who believes everything Rob tells him. Nothing in his bio says he would be that gullible. He's older, more experienced, worldly, and educated than Rob. Even if he has never seen "Survivior" before (and I begin to believe that MB looks for people who are clueless about the game), he is intelligent enough to have figured things out by now. I still think that he deliberately threw the reward challenge which was smart on two grounds: he did not look like a threat, and Alex did. Time will tell! But right now I like Matt for F2. His immunity win was awesome!

Namaste.

FORT Regular
    i really hope the matt is being edited to look dumb. i didn't notice him much initially, but now i am rooting for him (next to Christy) . i 'm sure he is smarter than we are made to think. just read through his bio, wows...really impressive, he has experienced much more than all the other contestants combined.

Princess
    Having travelled round the world and being well educated doesn't necessarily mean that you are not trusting and gullible...
    Hopefully though, Matt will now have realised what's going on.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    I really hope so. I would surely hate it if he lets the Fab Four dominate.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Yes, intelligence and naivety are two different things. Having traveled so much, he may be more open to trusting people than others are, thus making him appear to be over trusting of Rob.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

All of Matt's very impressive real life accomplishments seem like "loner" activities to me. He seems like a very confident and, more importantly, independent kind of guy - not used to working with a team.

FORT Newbie
    I've been rooting for Matt from the beginning... he's the quietest, nicest one left that actually works hard and wins rewards through merit, not because he's popular. I do think he should start stratgegising a bit more though or else he'll soon be gone

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast