+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Matt Really That Dumb?

I think it's part editing and I think he's a hellava lot smarter than he is appears to be. I do not believe, for one minute, he is getting played.
    I thought that maybe last week but, after last night......nope!

(I better be right - bets are going and I have my $ on him and Alex)
    So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

It doesn't help Alex to be in an alliance with Matthew. Matthew is the only one who challenges him physically. He's much better off playing against the girls(Rob included) and Butch.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    I wish he would wise up and get Butch, Christy and Rob as an alliance. Wouldn't that be sweet?

I hope he is actually aware of the Fab Four next week.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Originally posted by spegs
    the girls(Rob included)
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Matt deliberately threw the RC, taking the heat off and putting it on Alex. That was one smart move. The look on Rob's face when it looked as if Matt would win the RC was priceless. I wonder if any of the other Survivors heard when Rob called Matt a "nincompoop".

Paulie I agree with you:
    Please let him be an ingenious mastermind who knows exactly how to pander to Rob's insecurities. Ohpleaseohpleaseohplease...
    But in this morning's radio interview, Jeff seemed to indicate that Matt really is clueless (see "Jeff on the radio" thread). I hope he's just leading us astray.

After six series, he might be sly enough to be able to throw us off.

But it doesn't sound like that's the case. Rats!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

In the beginning, Matt made a mistake when he entered into an alliance with Ryan and Daniel, but he's since toed the line. I can't help wonder if he is on to Rob. Matt is a highly educated, intelligent and worldly man, so his wide eyed innocent act is kind of hard to swallow.

In answer to the original question: I don't think so.

My guess is that Matt is so well educated and well-cultured that he was initially out of his element in a reality based game.

After this week's episode, I'm beginning to think that Rob has unwittingly handed Matt the game. We may find that Matt has played on Rob's ego to determine the nuances of the game.

This far in - I think Matt has a good grip and is quietly relishing his role.

Regards Matt and Butch -- really folks, you don't spend many hours of the day fishing with someone without getting to know them well. I think there may be an alliance and a real friendship there.

All that said, now that we know the players better, it is interesting to go back to the official CBS site and review the player's bios.

Did you know that in 2002:

"Von Ertfelda was listed as one of People Magazine's Top 50 Bachelors"

And if compare Mateo's bio to Rob's you really begin to wonder who is playing who.

I think I remember Matt saying that he was either relying on Rob or he was just taking in what Rob was saying about whole tribe. I think he's not as crazy as he looks nor dumb as he lets us believe. He might be trying to fly under the radar.

I also remember when Daniel spilled the beans about them both speaking Chinese. His eyes did almost fall out as if he were thinking "Daniel, YOU FOOL!!"

He knows he has strength, mentally and physically, over the rest. If he didn't know this fact, he would've bargained, like a true dingbat, over that immunity necklace.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast