+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Survivor Micronesia: Interview with Chet and Jonathan

Re: Survivor Micronesia: Interview with Chet and Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by Exigeus;2848394;
    I have a question. When Jonathan got injured, a medical person came out and cleaned and stitched his wound. Why didn't that happen with Chet? At least get a medical opinion. It looks like he was just using his leg as an excuse to leave.

Exigeus
    I think Chet is full of bull too.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I have a question. When Jonathan got injured, a medical person came out and cleaned and stitched his wound. Why didn't that happen with Chet? At least get a medical opinion. It looks like he was just using his leg as an excuse to leave.

Question two, did Joel cause Chet's injury? It seems likely, but I haven't heard anyone mention it.

Here's the way they should have handled the question of whether Chet or Ozzie should be voted off. They wanted to vote Ozzie off because they figure he has the immunity idol, but Chet wants to go home instead. So get most of the group to vote for Ozzie, and two members vote for Chet. Then TELL Ozzie about it, He'll have no choice but to use the idol, if he has it, and then the vote would go to the second place person, Chet. Ozzie is no longer a threat because of the idol, since he had to use it, and Chet goes home.
    Exigeus
    Briliant, Exigeus! And to FORT! Too bad you aren't on the island!
    Re question 2, I don't think Joel caused the foot injury--it seemed to be a piece of coral embedded in the foot, which the setting of that contest wouldn't have provided. More likely around camp or in the water. Chet did say he had to have his wound infection drained and the coral extracted in the hospital also, and Jonathan didn't contradict him. So maybe it was a real injury.
    But I agree with the first question above, if it was already bothering him why didn't the med person look at it as well as Jonathan? Maybe the timing wasn't right? They do shift things around.

Question two, did Joel cause Chet's injury? It seems likely, but I haven't heard anyone mention it.

Here's the way they should have handled the question of whether Chet or Ozzie should be voted off. They wanted to vote Ozzie off because they figure he has the immunity idol, but Chet wants to go home instead. So get most of the group to vote for Ozzie, and two members vote for Chet. Then TELL Ozzie about it, He'll have no choice but to use the idol, if he has it, and then the vote would go to the second place person, Chet. Ozzie is no longer a threat because of the idol, since he had to use it, and Chet goes home.

Exigeus
    Totally brilliant. Well....with Mickey B gone noone else was there who could think past one move in the game. Yours is trully a great move that would have satisfied 2 goals. Blindsiding Ozzy and giving Chet a great sendoff.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2846445;
    I think we would have seen him in a much different (perhaps better) light if he was pulled from the game. As it was, I thought his injury was a fake and he was crying over a small scratch. If I knew he was seriously injured, I would have been a little more understanding. Still, why not be part of Survivor history and blindside the biggest threat, then be pulled from the game?

Thank you for an interesting interview Hep. I'll miss Jonathan.
    In his defense, Chet did mention in the aired episode Thursday - albeit briefly courtesy of edit - that he had stepped on a piece of coral and it was still stuck in his foot. It also had gotten a lot of pus in it and he wanted to lance the abcess . That was why all the "Yuk, gross, no Chet you don't want to lance it" comments after Malakal lost immunity. Also, coral is dangerous and some will continue to grow even if broken off the original sponge if exposed to warm fluids, i.e. blood. The medics, knowing this, would have to check it out for his safety.

I also remember in Africa that Diane mentioned post elimination that after the first challenge when she collapsed from exhaustion, she was taken to a cot and given an IV of saline. All we saw in the episode was that Diane was being assited by Ethan and other members away from the challenge to make sure she got help.

I also have read in other interviews that he said that he wanted to be voted off so he had the complete circle of the experience of "Survivor." That said, if I recall correctly, Mike Supkin had a ceremonial one when he had to be evacuated. Team Kucha (Australia) went to council and they took his torch and Jeff extinguished the flame. The might've done this for Bruce in his season and Jonathan this one. That would be interesting to find out. But, I can see Chet's want to do that.

On voting out Ozzy - and this is my opinion only, but Chet showed a modicum of respect for the players in this case, knowing he wasn't going to be staying, decided to give Ozzy a chance and just told the others to vote him out. Or, they might've pulled an Ambreal from "ANTM" and kept Ozzy on while Chet left regardless if Ozzy was voted out.

----------------------------

Now that said, I do think Jonathan gave the better interview and Chet did come off as a bit too tetchy for my liking. I seriously hope that when he said he looked "Hot" that he meant that he wasn't doing well under the sun. I think that he had gotten a bit too thin and was going to have some serious problems later on had the foot not removed him anyway.

Jonathan, I really do feel sorry he was removed from the game the way he was. I think he had improved as far as his attitude this go round, and was playing to enjoy the experience as well as for the money. Don't know if he'd made it to the end, but at least he got to show that you can potentially kick another team's butt even with illness in your blood.

The banter between the two this interview was humorous, and fun to watch. Even with Chet's grouchiness, I did see some sarcastic humor there (not much, though). Between the two they gave a great interview and bounced off each other nicely, so to speak.

Thanks for the interview Hepcat.
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 03-17-2008 at 10:24 PM.

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

in regards to Chet's injury - i think that before Jonathan was evacuated, it may have been hurting Chet a bit and have gotten exacerbated in the challenges. The news about Jonathan's extraction probably worried Chet and that is when he really began to think that it may have been more serious and why he began talking about his injury. The words 'possible death' in regards to a blood stream infection can have a powerful effect on someone.

that being said, I still think it was selfish of him not to go along with the rest of his alliance's plan to vote Ozzie out. To me, it is better to be medically extracted than voted out for being weak.

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;2853237;
    in regards to Chet's injury - i think that before Jonathan was evacuated, it may have been hurting Chet a bit and have gotten exacerbated in the challenges. The news about Jonathan's extraction probably worried Chet and that is when he really began to think that it may have been more serious and why he began talking about his injury. The words 'possible death' in regards to a blood stream infection can have a powerful effect on someone.

that being said, I still think it was selfish of him not to go along with the rest of his alliance's plan to vote Ozzie out. To me, it is better to be medically extracted than voted out for being weak.
    I agree, if I were there I would want to be part of taking out a powerful player lisk Ozzy.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Awww...this interview makes me love (and miss Jonathan) even more....

Thanks for the interview hep!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Kathy and Tracy's interview adds a lot to our view of these guys, especially Chet. Total new image.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123