+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Survivor Micronesia: Interview with Chet and Jonathan

Re: Survivor Micronesia: Interview with Chet and Jonathan

Best interview yet, hep! I love me some Jonathan, I hate that he had to go out like he did. I'm glad to hear he's doing well and still has that wicked sense of humor. Interesting about the Cirie/Yao-Man alliance...

Chet? Meh. He comes across as a snotty little thing. Go back to your chickens. And P.S. - you were NOT hot in any sense of the word.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

JR.

Of course it was a bad edit for Chet I'll just disregard all the other survivors saying he was useless out there. Ass.

Chet: I was given the ultimatum that if I was not voted off, I was going to be pulled from the game for medical reasons. I did not want to just disappear from the game, and thatís exactly what would have happened. Producers donít pull you for medical reasons, the doctors do. I didnít have an option at that point.
    I think we would have seen him in a much different (perhaps better) light if he was pulled from the game. As it was, I thought his injury was a fake and he was crying over a small scratch. If I knew he was seriously injured, I would have been a little more understanding. Still, why not be part of Survivor history and blindside the biggest threat, then be pulled from the game?

Thank you for an interesting interview Hep. I'll miss Jonathan.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Interesting interview. So much difference between the written word and the spoken word, isn't there?

First of all - I think Chet DID receive a bad edit - heck, they played up how noble Jonathan was with his injury, but Chet was in the same situation and we all thought he was just being a whiner because we didn't know how serious his injury was. Also, I read elsewhere that Chet dropped 30 pounds on Survivor - no WONDER his ribs looked like a bird cage! The man was in serious shape.

In this interview Chet actually STANDS UP for Joel and the way that Joel slammed him around during that one challenge. I'd have been seriously angry if I'd been Chet and probable held a grudge (and suffered a concussion).

Chet and Jonathan were laughing and joking through the entire interview. Chet saying that he & Jonathan were an "item", etc. I think the comment about Chet thinking himself "hot" was just a joke, too.

I'm willing to give Chet the benefit of the doubt, he's probably a nice guy.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Awww, you are a nice person, RBmumsie! OK, you made good points, I'll give Chet a pass, too.

Thanks for the interview hepcat!

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy;2846118;
    Thanks for the interview, heppy!

Newsflash, Chet - CBS cast you as the token gay guy. Lighten up.

I didn't much care for him (Chet) during the show, but sheesh - he was pretty hostile during that interview.
    I don't think he needs to be lighten up. CBS obviously casted him because he was gay so they could have a variety of people and characters. However he was not there to represent gays, or it is his job to represent gays. Unless gay community of this country had chosen him and sent him there to represent them of course I think it was not a fair question. I haven't seen Joen being asked whether he represented firefighters well, or Yau-Man being asked Asian-Americans well...

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie;2846734;
    Interesting interview. So much difference between the written word and the spoken word, isn't there?

First of all - I think Chet DID receive a bad edit - heck, they played up how noble Jonathan was with his injury, but Chet was in the same situation and we all thought he was just being a whiner because we didn't know how serious his injury was. Also, I read elsewhere that Chet dropped 30 pounds on Survivor - no WONDER his ribs looked like a bird cage! The man was in serious shape.

In this interview Chet actually STANDS UP for Joel and the way that Joel slammed him around during that one challenge. I'd have been seriously angry if I'd been Chet and probable held a grudge (and suffered a concussion).

Chet and Jonathan were laughing and joking through the entire interview. Chet saying that he & Jonathan were an "item", etc. I think the comment about Chet thinking himself "hot" was just a joke, too.

I'm willing to give Chet the benefit of the doubt, he's probably a nice guy.
    I read the interview like you did! He sounded like a smart you-know-what part of the time, and serious the other parts. I think that is what threw readers off a bit.

I loved Jonathan's answers Hep! He comes across very well and not quite the ass we thought he was!
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fan

Oh no! We should have been caucusing to vote on being represented by Jonathan! One minute, let me make a few phone calls...

Okay, Jon, go ahead. It's okay by us. And happy Purim.

FORT Newbie

I have a question. When Jonathan got injured, a medical person came out and cleaned and stitched his wound. Why didn't that happen with Chet? At least get a medical opinion. It looks like he was just using his leg as an excuse to leave.

Question two, did Joel cause Chet's injury? It seems likely, but I haven't heard anyone mention it.

Here's the way they should have handled the question of whether Chet or Ozzie should be voted off. They wanted to vote Ozzie off because they figure he has the immunity idol, but Chet wants to go home instead. So get most of the group to vote for Ozzie, and two members vote for Chet. Then TELL Ozzie about it, He'll have no choice but to use the idol, if he has it, and then the vote would go to the second place person, Chet. Ozzie is no longer a threat because of the idol, since he had to use it, and Chet goes home.

Exigeus

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast