+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tracy - Micronesia

Re: Tracy - Micronesia

And Tracy continues to rock the vote!

She's still on the underdog side of the tribe, since Ozzy & Amanda have a tight alliance, and Ami and Cirie both seem to have some sort of loyalty to the two of them, and Erik is eager enough to align himself with Ozzy (not in that way) (actually, yeah, probably in that way too).

Yet Tracy still showed herself to be a power player capable of shaking things up without being seen as the leader.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

Can I ask if anyone knows what Tracy did it always be on the weakest link side of things? She seems just as capable as those other "fan" girls who's names I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by laura302;2829620;
    Can I ask if anyone knows what Tracy did it always be on the weakest link side of things? She seems just as capable as those other "fan" girls who's names I don't know.
    She didn't do anything except be over the age of 40. The stupid "fans" tribe lumped her in with Kathy & Chet simply b/c of her age.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Fan

Tracy is one of the smartest players out there. At first Alexis was my favorite fan, but Tracy has replaced her quite easily. Still, I do like a few of the favorites a bit more, but Tracy is defintely playing a great game with the prejudices of her age against her

So thew preview pics show Tracy having serious talks with Ami next week. A new MILF alliance?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by emjoi;2830366;
    So thew preview pics show Tracy having serious talks with Ami next week. A new MILF alliance?
    Something new for the showmance thread?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Ousted Survivors Tracy and Kathy Sound Off

Here's an interview with TV Guide with both Kathy and Tracy. Pretty much the same stuff that's already been said in their other interviews, though I thought the last line about what's next for the two was interesting (Tracy's response).

Ousted Survivors Tracy and Kathy Sound Off
    By RHODA CHARLES
    TV GUIDE

In its second twofer of the season Survivor: Micronesia Fans vs. Favorites (Thursdays at 8 pm/ET on CBS) said goodbye to a pair of fans last Wednesday when Kathleen Sleckman and Tracy Hughes-Wolf saw their dreams of a million-dollar prize slip away. Although she was a tough competitor, Tracy's strong alliance with two of the show's weakest players kept her scrambling for position. Meanwhile, Kathy's fondness for the favorites never wavered, but the rigors of the game zapped her motivation, and in a move that has secured her a spot in Survivor history, she chose to quit the show. TVGuide.com caught up with both women to discuss their exits and find out just what went wrong.

TVGuide.com: Kathy, when did you start feeling that you were ready to leave?
    Kathy Sleckman: That would have been when the natives took us in on the boat.

TVGuide.com: Right from the beginning, eh?
    Kathy: [Laughs] Well, I can't say right from the beginning. It was a whole combination of things. The tribe I was put on [was very difficult]. If I had not made friends with Chet and Tracy, I do not know what I would have done. We were completely separated and put in a box and prejudged before the game ever began. It was a struggle from day one to even give this game a shot like I wanted to. Mother Nature kicked my butt horribly and I just started going to a bad place mentally. [It was as if Jonathan] Penner's knee infection got into my brain.

TVGuide.com: Was the reality of the show that far off from what you expected?
    Kathy: Yes. When you are watching it on TV, you see it rain for 10 seconds, not realizing it's 8 to 10 hours of constant pummeling. The physical part, as far as keeping my strength up, was good. Mentally, it just blew me away.

TVGuide.com: Did you ever think, "Maybe I could have hung in there"?
    Kathy: I'd be a liar if I said that I didn't, but every time I think back on it I know that I really had nothing left to give. Watching the show and seeing what they did after I left, I was, like, "I couldn't have." I just didn't have it in me, and of course I wish I did.
    Tracy Hughes-Wolf: I wish she did!

TVGuide.com: Tracy, did you ever foresee your three-person alliance with Chet collapsing the way it did?
    Tracy: I knew that Chet was sick and I knew that Kathy was having a hard time, but I was hoping that we could last. I was starting to form my new alliance with Ami and when I went to Exile Island with Jason, we made a plan for him to go back and throw the challenge so that he could vote off James, but that never happened. We were going to take out Parvati and James because we realized that they were throwing challenges. What we tried to do was slice up the lovebirds. Ozzy, of course, would have been next had we gone to tribal. We were trying to get the numbers to the merge. We had a plan, and when I got there and saw that Kathy had bailed I was just like, "Arrghh!"

TVGuide.com: You had cooked up a plan with Ami to double-cross and eliminate Ozzy, but when the vote came down, it was you, 5-1. What happened there?
    Tracy: Ami was scared. She said, "If I vote against Ozzy and they lock it up, then I'm through."

TVGuide.com: But it was Ami's plan!
    Tracy: It was Ami's plan and it was a beautiful plan, but she was afraid of Ozzy and of what he would do to her. They were in an alliance and she was very honest and faithful and loyal. Her word means a lot to her and she did not want to betray Ozzy. I was hoping that she would, and I thought it was a poor decision for her not to do that. I felt that a lot could have happened if we had gotten him out of the game.

TVGuide.com: How much did it suck for you to miss that spa reward?
    Tracy: It was hard.
    Kathy: Yeah, Ozzy, that big girl! Even James said, "Oh my god! Give the girl the shampoo!" James couldn't believe Ozzy said, "Take one for the team."
    Tracy: It pretty much told every single person left in the game of Survivor at that moment [where things stood]. We knew that if Ozzy wasn't going to Exile, then he had the idol, period.

TVGuide.com: Kathy, why didn't you want to search for the idol when you were on Exile Island with Ozzy?
    Kathy: Well, I told Ozzy that I didn't want to look for the idol! Cirie and I had found all four clues and we knew the idol was on Exile Island, but I couldn't keep up with Jungle Boy so yeah, go away! And while he was gone, I was looking for the idol.

TVGuide.com: When did you realize that he had it?
    Kathy: When I saw a bunch of commotion going on and he pulled up this little starfish. I was, like, "Yeah, right." I pretty much knew then that he had it.

TVGuide.com: Were either of you ever star-struck by the favorites?
    Kathy: I was by Yau-man.
    Tracy: Eliza, Yau-man and Ami. Ami is a heck of a competitor and she's very strong. She's pretty tough.

TVGuide.com: What's next for both of you?
    Kathy: I'm campaigning for president.
    Tracy: I want to see if Ami will do The Amazing Race with me. We talked about it. I don't know if they would let us on again, but I'd be up for it.
    Ami originally applied to TAR before being cast on Survivor. I'd certainly love to see that duo, but if I had to guess for the next Survivor duo to be on TAR, if there was one, I'd place bets on Ozzy/Amanda (who I also wouldn't object to seeing, much as I hate cross casting).

Survivor people are always putting up their hand for Amazing Race.
    It involves a good deal less starvation.

I'm sure Phil has a folder of a couple of dozen ex-Survivor application forms.
    They've done Romber. They wont do it again.

Strangely you never see the reverse. No ex-Big Bro or So You Think You Can Dance contestants going onto Survivor.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by emjoi;2887128;
    Survivor people are always putting up their hand for Amazing Race.
    It involves a good deal less starvation.

I'm sure Phil has a folder of a couple of dozen ex-Survivor application forms.
    They've done Romber. They wont do it again.

Strangely you never see the reverse. No ex-Big Bro or So You Think You Can Dance contestants going onto Survivor.
    With the way CBS is I'd never rule it out. I'm actually surprised we haven't seen more cross casting. I just don't think Ami/Tracy would be their ideal choice. There was one former Big Brother contestant (Alison Irwin) who appeared on TAR5 with her boyfriend, but they were the second team eliminated. Since season 6 there's been a bunch of online petitions to get certain people on from that show.

Quote Originally Posted by emjoi;2887128;
    Shhhhh. (Whispers)...Don't give them any ideas .
    Last edited by Tribal Speak; 04-02-2008 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Added smiley

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123