+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Survivor DVDs.

Survivor DVDs.

I have a really big craving to go back and watch all the seasons again. I know that there have been a couple of seasons released on DVD and I know for a fact that the first season and Australia are available for purchase. Are there any other seasons out?

And what are the bonus features like? I'm willing to buy the seasons just for the shows, but it'd be nice if there were some good extras to go along with it.

Re: Survivor DVDs.

I think Pear Islands and All-Stars are also out.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Vanuatu and Palau are also out. I believe those were the last 2 released.

The only ones I have on DVD are Borneo and AS. Never watched AS on DVD and don't care to, but just bought it to have for my collection. The Borneo DVD comes with a special DVD called 'The Greatest and Most Outrageous Moments' that has unaired footage, all the confessionals when the contestants voted someone out/were voted out, audition tape clips and interviews, and some of the highlights of the challenges and different moments that were memorable. Outback also comes with that same DVD for their season. Those were actually the first DVD's ever released of Survivor, before they started putting the entire seasons out. Borneo also has commentary with Gervase, Rich, Rudy, and Probst on the first and last episodes and has an interview with those 3 contestants as an extra.

According to my AS DVD box, it says the special features on there are:

-Never before seen bonus footage from different episodes, commentary by several of the contestants
    -A look at the challenge aspect and putting them together, a music video showing highlights of the season, interview with the casting director for Survivor, behind the scenes at the live finale, exclusive interviews with all 18 contestants, and promos that aired for the different seasons of Survivor up until AS

I heard that as of now, there were no future plans to release anymore DVDs, which sucks I was hoping to get some more of the earlier editions out.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;2729937;
    Vanuatu and Palau are also out. I believe those were the last 2 released.

The only ones I have on DVD are Borneo and AS. Never watched AS on DVD and don't care to, but just bought it to have for my collection. The Borneo DVD comes with a special DVD called 'The Greatest and Most Outrageous Moments' that has unaired footage, all the confessionals when the contestants voted someone out/were voted out, audition tape clips and interviews, and some of the highlights of the challenges and different moments that were memorable. Outback also comes with that same DVD for their season. Those were actually the first DVD's ever released of Survivor, before they started putting the entire seasons out. Borneo also has commentary with Gervase, Rich, Rudy, and Probst on the first and last episodes and has an interview with those 3 contestants as an extra.

According to my AS DVD box, it says the special features on there are:

-Never before seen bonus footage from different episodes, commentary by several of the contestants
    -A look at the challenge aspect and putting them together, a music video showing highlights of the season, interview with the casting director for Survivor, behind the scenes at the live finale, exclusive interviews with all 18 contestants, and promos that aired for the different seasons of Survivor up until AS

I heard that as of now, there were no future plans to release anymore DVDs, which sucks I was hoping to get some more of the earlier editions out.
    Thanks! It's good to know that it's not strictly just the shows. I'm kind of excited to see some never before seen footage and interviews.

So the list is: Borneo, Australia, Pearl Islands, All Stars, Vanuatu, and Palau?

ARGH. I need to see Marquesas and Amazon again. I thought Palau was such a boring season, Guetamala would have been much better. Hmm, I wonder why no plans on releasing any more seasons? I would imagine that they would sell decently.

Well I have all the seasons. And I love all of them. Even Vanuatu, which I didn't like at the time it aired.

Probably the worst DVD was Borneo, but it was still enjoyable. It's just that there's not enough commentary on it. They only have commentary on the first and last episodes from Jeff, Gervase, Richard, and Rudy.

I love the commentary on All-Stars. The people who are talking made me laugh often. Those people include both Jenna, Rudy, Tina, both Robs, Amber, Rupert (I think), Shii Ann, Alicia, and someone else I can't remember. He commented with Shii Ann and Alicia. I think it was Lex.

I heard rumors that Exile Island players were coming in and doing some commentary. Maybe CBS is planning to release that season? As much as I would love another Survivor season on DVD, why'd they have to go with Exile Island?

ETA: All-Stars probably has the most "never-before-seen" scenes on it. The one I remember is when all Chapera members were still remaining, and they made a mock TC about the first time Saboga went to TC. Each of them made a impression about each member of Saboga, and the impression I remember the most is Amber's of Tina and her 2 friends.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2730218;
    Well I have all the seasons. And I love all of them. Even Vanuatu, which I didn't like at the time it aired.

Probably the worst DVD was Borneo, but it was still enjoyable. It's just that there's not enough commentary on it. They only have commentary on the first and last episodes from Jeff, Gervase, Richard, and Rudy.

I love the commentary on All-Stars. The people who are talking made me laugh often. Those people include both Jenna, Rudy, Tina, both Robs, Amber, Rupert (I think), Shii Ann, Alicia, and someone else I can't remember. He commented with Shii Ann and Alicia. I think it was Lex.

I heard rumors that Exile Island players were coming in and doing some commentary. Maybe CBS is planning to release that season? As much as I would love another Survivor season on DVD, why'd they have to go with Exile Island?

ETA: All-Stars probably has the most "never-before-seen" scenes on it. The one I remember is when all Chapera members were still remaining, and they made a mock TC about the first time Saboga went to TC. Each of them made a impression about each member of Saboga, and the impression I remember the most is Amber's of Tina and her 2 friends.
    Thanks for that rundown!

Can't wait to actually purchase them and watch them. I personally wouldn't be mad at all to watch Exile Island again. I'd love to see Cirie play it all over again!

I have 2 so I'm hoping they will release the rest.
    The big brother addiction its taking over

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I hope they release the rest as well, though EI is near the bottom of my list. I'm sure they'll be releasing the more current seasons first and releasing the earlier ones last (which sucks because I'm dying for them to put out Africa, Marquesas, and Amazon). I would think China, Cook Islands, Guatemala, or this new one coming out for the spring Fans vs. Favorites would be the next possibilities.

That I agree with you on. It seems like all the DVDs released later were much better in terms of having more people give commentary and with extras. Maybe the whole 'Greatest Moments' DVD was the reason behind them having so little on it, but it could have been better. Better than nothing though, I suppose.

ARGH. I need to see Marquesas and Amazon again. I thought Palau was such a boring season, Guetamala would have been much better. Hmm, I wonder why no plans on releasing any more seasons? I would imagine that they would sell decently.
    Considering that they put out quite a few seasons I figured this was one reality show franchise where we'd get to see every season out on DVD and soon (still waiting for more TAR and Big Brother DVDs, which I doubt will ever come ) I'm not sure how they sold, but I'm sure that had to be a factor in why they haven't put anymore out in the last year or so.

I definitely think the Fans vs. Favorites would come out very quickly if they are releasing DVDs still. Look at how fast All-Stars came out. It took only a few months after the season ended for the DVD to come out.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i'm re-watching australia outback's season right now ... jeff varner is a news reporter at our local tv station here in michigan and it's fun seeing him on my tv every morning while remembering him on survivor.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast