+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Survivor DVDs.

Re: Survivor DVDs.

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2732641;
    i'm re-watching australia outback's season right now ... jeff varner is a news reporter at our local tv station here in michigan and it's fun seeing him on my tv every morning while remembering him on survivor.
    I was just watching All-Stars again. It's funny because it wasn't bad, even after my what, 5th viewing of the season. And after watching the reunion, it made me like Romber all over again. I didn't watch All-Stars when it first aired, so I first saw them on TAR7, and I liked them there. Then I bought the DVD and I liked them. Then during TAR11, I didn't like them. I don't know why, maybe everyone's opinions are so influential. FoRT is a place filled with many people who aren't that fond of the two. Then I saw the reunion again with the proposal, and I couldn't help but like them again.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

i have Outback one. personally it was the best season. what a great order of booting.

If anyone would like, you can e-mail dvd_request@paramount.com and request for another season of Survivor or any other CBS show. I e-mailed them requesting another season of Survivor, and maybe if they get enough, they'll think about releasing another DVD.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Tick tock. Tick tock.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2732665;
    I was just watching All-Stars again. It's funny because it wasn't bad, even after my what, 5th viewing of the season. And after watching the reunion, it made me like Romber all over again. I didn't watch All-Stars when it first aired, so I first saw them on TAR7, and I liked them there. Then I bought the DVD and I liked them. Then during TAR11, I didn't like them. I don't know why, maybe everyone's opinions are so influential. FoRT is a place filled with many people who aren't that fond of the two. Then I saw the reunion again with the proposal, and I couldn't help but like them again.
    Ah, CrossingGuard I know what you mean. Sometimes they make me wince, but then they do something diabolical and I love them again. And by "them" I pretty much mean Rob. With AS I loved the fact that he snowed everyone and made it to the final two with his girl right by his side. It's not their fault everyone else was too stupid to boot either one when they had the chance.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3156160;
    ...It's not their fault everyone else was too stupid to boot either one when they had the chance.
    that seems to happen a LOT on these shows ...

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3156160;
    Ah, CrossingGuard I know what you mean. Sometimes they make me wince, but then they do something diabolical and I love them again. And by "them" I pretty much mean Rob. With AS I loved the fact that he snowed everyone and made it to the final two with his girl right by his side. It's not their fault everyone else was too stupid to boot either one when they had the chance.
    I'm no fan of Amber's but that had to be the best moment in AS (which I thought sucked overall) when Lex decided to keep Amber out of friendship with Rob, thinking it'd pay off, only to have Rob go back on his word. Then again, Lex has made some of the biggest boneheaded moves in Survivor. Rob was the true mastermind.

I'm really hoping we'll see the remaining seasons released. I'm anxious for the earlier seasons (Africa, Marquesas, and Amazon) but would love to see Fans vs Favorites come out next.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

speaking of fans vs favorites, ERIC's giving up the immunity necklace has to be the BIGGEST BONEHEADED MOVE in history.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3156338;
    speaking of fans vs favorites, ERIC's giving up the immunity necklace has to be the BIGGEST BONEHEADED MOVE in history.
    I can't argue with that. Erik was likely headed for the final 2 (or if he couldn't win the endurance competition the final 3 at the very least). Unlike Ozzy/James/Jason not using the HII, that's like playing Russian Roulette. None of them had any reason to think they were getting voted off. Erik was completely safe and knew he was a target.

If you guys haven't heard, Africa and Marquesas were (surprisingly) released on DVD recently.

Africa: Amazon.com: Survivor 3: Africa - The Complete Season: Jeff Probst, Ethan Zohn, Kim Powers, Lex van der Berghe, Teresa Cooper, Frank Garrison, Brandon Quinton, Jesse Camacho, Mark Burnett: Movies & TV: Reviews, Prices & more
    Marquesas: Amazon.com: Survivor 4 Marquesas - The Complete Season: Vecepia Towery, Kathy Varvirick-O'Brien, Paschal English, Rob Mariano, Zoe Zanidakis, Tammy Leitner, Gabriel Cade Gina, Mark Burnett, Jeff Probst: Movies & TV: Reviews, Prices & more

They're no longer released by Paramount and are instead released by Createspace and sold exclusively through Amazon.com. But because of this the packaging is no longer the same. These DVDs each come in three separate cases and each have the same cover. (This is unlike the 6 seasons released under Paramount because each individual slim case came in a big box set that held them all together. Additionally, each slim case came with their own cover that differed from the cover on the boxed set.) Also, there's no commentary. But with each DVD comes the Early Show interview with each eliminee and some other special features.

I really did not think that any other seasons were going to be released, so I was ecstatic when I heard this news. And the word is that CBS is planning to release the other seasons in addition.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast