+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Todd - China

Re: Todd - China

Quote Originally Posted by Adult Beverage;2631173;
    Todd was shocked at her feelings of being an outsider. I think she feeds on that (and obviously little else) and does/says things to put herself in that position. Todd can't count on her because of this, and she should go before JR, IMO.

ITA with you. She has a poor attitude, is worthless in the challenges, & now they cannot even count on her vote!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I was shocked when Courtney said that about Todd. Where did that come from?? If I were Todd, I would be relieved that she was off my list of people to whom I felt obligated....and I would thump her as quickly as possible. She's officially given proof that there is little between her ears!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I was suprised by him last night. I'm not suprised he found the idol, but what the hell was he thinking when he got it? Granted, Amanda made the first mistake, randomly pushing tiles off in plain sight. But instead of telling her secretly and maybe trying to get her to lure the others away (like Earl and Yau-Man), he just makes it obvious they're trying to get something. It was entirely their fault they had to include Frosti in their alliance. Had they been just a little more secreative, they could have kept it secret. Other than that, though, he still was very smart throughout the episode. He had an excellent plan with James, but it failed. It'll be interesting to see if he can keep Courtney on his side.

Nik

The Adventures of Todd Sawyer

I just wanted to start a thread to discuss Todd's strategy this week and how much he bungled it. To me, this was an incredibly stupid move by Todd. I think he likes to think of himself as a mastermind moreso than actually being one. His plan was more complicated and flashy than really being tricky/smart. Remember at the end of Huckleberry Finn when Tom Sawyer shows up and ruins an otherwise good novel? Jim could easily be saved (and Tom knew all along that his mistress had released him) but Tom decides to withhold that information and execute a convoluted, superfluous and cumbersome rescue plan that ends up making things more dangerous for all of them, and winds up getting one of the boys shot. What's my point? Little boys with elaborate fantasies are not the best at executing strategic adult plans. Leave that to the level headed adult who can do a quick cost-benefit analysis to protect your ammunition and your allies, and deliver the best blow to your enemy. An adult like Yul.

Todd could just have easily kept the HII and told James THEY (Todd's team) would throw the Immunity challenge and vote Sherea off. That way, James would still be safe, they would STILL lose someone from the opposing original tribe (which is exactly where they are now) and Todd would still have the HII. I wouldn't have even alerted James that there might be a second one. Now, instead of being in that exact position with the idol ammunition in tow, Todd has lost the HII and the one guy capable of blowing through every Individual Immunity challenge post-merge, will probably have TWO idols.STUPID, STUPID move on Todd's part! When exactly does he imagine they will get rid of James? A guy like James could win every competition until the end and it usually only requires one loss to boot him. Now James can save himself TWICE with the idols. He's making it to the end, and Todd should know Jean-Robert is James' ally. James is definitely not taking likable Todd with his multiple friends on the jury to the finals. Why should be? He'd be stupid to do that. No, he'll take disgusting Jean-Robert so he (James) can win with a unanimous vote.

If Todd really wanted to be elaborate (but productively so) he could have flipped Frosti as they easily did by sharing the HII secret with him, and then win the next challenge so the other team would get rid of James for him. That way, Todd would still have the majority votes post merge (with Frosti and perhaps even Sherea in tow - hello? Any superficial read of her shows she's not all that close/chummy with her original tribemates. She was the first one out had that team stayed together and lost an Immunity challenge), he would still have his HII and he would have gotten rid of the potential Individual Immunity Hog. Hell Aaron was already gone so the only other potential Individual Immunity threat would be Jean Robert (and just barely) and it would be VERY easy to get rid of him what with everyone hating him and all. Now it will be almost impossible since Jean Robert is aligned with James who could easily 1) give JR one of the idols should talk of booting him ever come up 2) win Immunity and give JR the Immunity necklace should talk of booting him come up, while threatening to use the HII if they try to boot James instead, forcing them to turn to another victim and hey, James won't even have to use his idol. Yes, if James finds the second idol, he could use the threat of it (as Yul did - a strategy that proves to be far more effective than playing the idol itself one time) to secure himself and JR for the long haul.

THAT'S how bad Todd's move was. Have we learned nothing from Mookie? NEVER give an idol away.

I am hereby nicknaming Todd as Todd Sawyer.
    Last edited by Nik; 10-26-2007 at 06:06 PM.

FORT Fan

Re: The Adventures of Todd Sawyer

Todd could just have easily kept the HII and told James THEY (Todd's team) would throw the Immunity challenge and vote Sherea off. That way, James would still be safe, they would STILL lose someone from the opposing original tribe (which is exactly where they are now) and Todd would still have the HII. I wouldn't have even alerted James that there might be a second one. Now, instead of being in that exact position with the idol ammunition in tow, Todd has lost the HII and the one guy capable of blowing through every Individual Immunity challenge post-merge, will probably have TWO idols.
    That sounds too much like logic. Excellent analysis!

Quote Originally Posted by kev89;2631514;
    I was suprised by him last night. I'm not suprised he found the idol, but what the hell was he thinking when he got it? Granted, Amanda made the first mistake, randomly pushing tiles off in plain sight. But instead of telling her secretly and maybe trying to get her to lure the others away (like Earl and Yau-Man), he just makes it obvious they're trying to get something. It was entirely their fault they had to include Frosti in their alliance. Had they been just a little more secreative, they could have kept it secret. Other than that, though, he still was very smart throughout the episode. He had an excellent plan with James, but it failed. It'll be interesting to see if he can keep Courtney on his side.
    Well Amanda was already at it, so normally his instinct would tell him to go there and get it. Frosti was so sneaky though. I was furious as hell when he came over. I think Todd did the best he could given the situation he was in. Also don't forget that they dont have proper food to eat and full rest, that in itself could really affect a person's thinking process.

I didn't like him at first, but I'm really rooting for him now. He's really smart and devilish. Just hope he doesn't trust Frosti much. I think Frosti is bad news for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik;2631594;
    Todd could just have easily kept the HII and told James THEY (Todd's team) would throw the Immunity challenge and vote Sherea off. That way, James would still be safe, they would STILL lose someone from the opposing original tribe (which is exactly where they are now) and Todd would still have the HII. I wouldn't have even alerted James that there might be a second one. Now, instead of being in that exact position with the idol ammunition in tow, Todd has lost the HII and the one guy capable of blowing through every Individual Immunity challenge post-merge, will probably have TWO idols.STUPID, STUPID move on Todd's part!
    May be he needed a little cushion for his plan. He didn't know for sure if the other team was trying to throw away the challenge or not. Hence, the immunity idol to James.

But I think he was too concerned of getting rid of Jamie this week. I think that got into his head. For some weird reason, if you watch the previous episode you'd notice that not only Todd but Aaron had this fixation that Jamie was the key player (or the sunshine something Aaron said) in her tribe.

FORT Fan

On a different note, Todd made his first mistake as I see it last night. he should have eliminated Frosti over Sherea. Frosti knows about the idols, and Sherea didn't. that simple fact should have kept sherea. The fact that Courtney wanted to keep Sherea, gave Todd another reason. With Sherea's departure, he has alienated Courtney. He could have used the friendship between Courntey and Sherea to convince Sherea to stick with them. He and Amanbda could then have cut sherea a bit later in the game after the other threats like Jean-Robert, P.G., Erik, and Jamie had been eliminated.

Nik

I love Frosti. He's cute, sweet, swift in competitions and seems like a genuinely nice guy. I hope he makes it far.

Quote Originally Posted by do_od;2631651;
    May be he needed a little cushion for his plan. He didn't know for sure if the other team was trying to throw away the challenge or not. Hence, the immunity idol to James.

But I think he was too concerned of getting rid of Jamie this week. I think that got into his head. For some weird reason, if you watch the previous episode you'd notice that not only Todd but Aaron had this fixation that Jamie was the key player (or the sunshine something Aaron said) in her tribe.
    I think he focused on Jamie because she knew about the HII for the other tribe. Many good arguements here regarding possibly voting Frosti out instead, but I consider Sherea a loose canon of negativity that needed to go.

+ Reply to Thread