+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Eldon Teacher Defends Her Survivor Stripping

Eldon Teacher Defends Her Survivor Stripping

From KOMU News

Eldon school teacher Heidi Strobel is competing on the network show, "Survivor." On last night's episode, she bared her breasts in order to win a competition. Some Mid-Missourians say that sends the wrong message to the community and her students, but Eldon residents KOMU talked to feel differently. Joanne Jones has lived in town for more than 25 years. She says she's seen worse than bare breasts. "Well, it didn't show it... it just showed her taking her clothes off. It blocked it out.. I didn't see a thing wrong with it, and I'm old-fashioned."

Strobel teaches physical education at the middle school. Residents and business owners like Harley Race seem supportive of her appearance on "Survivor." "I don't have a problem with it. It's the nature of the show..." The controversy has sparked talk that maybe Strobel will lose her job. Superintendent of the Eldon school district, Rodney Haley, would not talk on camera. But, he did say that the district is disappointed with Heidi Strobel's conduct.

Strobel did not return a message we left at the middle school, asking for her side of the story. In fact, the school receptionist told KOMU News that we would have to talk to Strobel's agent first. But, Strobel called a Columbia radio station this morning to respond to critics. She says it's entertainment programming, but she's still devoted to her students. And, evidently, residents like Jones are still devoted to her. "I just want her to win. She's excellent for the community..."
    "That's Numberwang!"

"Well, it didn't show it... it just showed her taking her clothes off. It blocked it out.. I didn't see a thing wrong with it, and I'm old-fashioned."
    Uh, the fact that you didn't actually see anything isn't really the point.

Residents and business owners like Harley Race seem supportive of her appearance on "Survivor." "I don't have a problem with it. It's the nature of the show..."
    No it isn't the nature of the show.
    "That's Numberwang!"

And she DIDN'T do it to win a compition. She did it for NOTHING.

I wonder how many parents of her students they talked to?
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Exactly Cali.

Jiff would have offered the peanut butter first anyway and she could have kept her clothes on.

Plus the peanut butter and cookies was the worst of the rewards imo.
    "That's Numberwang!"

another question... did I miss something in the article? Where does Hiedi defend her actions?

Oh, and I DID read the last paragraph, but saying it's "entertainment programming" isn't defending anything in my opinion
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I think her behavior is in extremely poor taste for a teacher of children.

If I had kids, I wouldn't want them being taught by her. And the nudity isn't even the worst of it. I wouldn't want them being taught through actions and words that "being cute" is a goal to be achieved.

I think Heidi had no intention of going back to teaching. She wanted to become famous and likely quit her job thinking she'd be the darling of Survivor.

Wrong.

And no, she didn't do it to win a competition. What an idiot.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Gee a teacher in my community got fired for making a joke phone call. Pretty cool community, but I wouldn't want her as my kids teacher.Gym teachers IMHO are always a tad off anyway. ( My experience , I'm sure there are fine examples of normal humans who teach gym)

Leo
    Premium Member
    There's nothing directly related I can say that hasn't been said.

Somewhat related, though: I wonder if Jeff is going to bring this up at the reunion with Butch? I'm sure he has a few thoughts on this.

Originally posted by cali
    another question... did I miss something in the article? Where does Hiedi defend her actions?

Oh, and I DID read the last paragraph, but saying it's "entertainment programming" isn't defending anything in my opinion
    I know cali

It's a stupid title for the piece.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast