+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Eldon Teacher Defends Her Survivor Stripping

searching for reality voyager265's Avatar
    "The controversy has sparked talk that maybe Strobel will lose her job. Superintendent of the Eldon school district, Rodney Haley, would not talk on camera. But, he did say that the district is disappointed with Heidi Strobel's conduct."

I am very disappointed that they would respond with they are "disappointed" in her conduct. If she is fired over this I hope she gets a good lawyer. But I happen to know this paticular small town and they will not fire her...they will just not renew her contract for the coming school year. They will assure her it has nothing to do with the television episodes.

Now let us not mention that they have a certain teacher that has several certain little somethings on the side besides a lovely wife and children. We don't mind adultrey as long as it isn't on TV.

And please don't wonder about that accident prone wife of the upstanding school board member.

Do people think that kids are stupid and don't know most of the upstanding peoples dirty little secrets. They can only judge bad character if it is shown to them on a reality show. In little towns pretty much everyone know and knows that you look the other way for the BETTER class of people.

This is why you should teach your child to get to know a person and not to judge how that person lives. To be the best person they can be.

By the way Harley Race is an ex-wrestler and runs a wrestling school on Main Street. Apparently he knows not to judge people by what they see on TV. Pity he isn't on the school board.
    Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.

FORT Fanatic
    Agreed. I had teachers whom I knew were bad people without having to see them on a reality show taking their clothes off. I'd rather have my teacher naked on TV than at the front of the class making fun of students for getting problems wrong, like the one I had in high school. There's no recourse for getting rid of bad teachers unless they happen to do something deemed questionable on TV?

I maintain that Heidi is not responsible for raising anyone's children.

NO ONE is responsible for raising your children, except for you. I think that we have waaaaaaaaay too much reliance on "parenting by proximity" and not enough good parenting at home. If you're concerned over your gym teacher having undue influence over your kids, teach your kids to make better decisions.

With all due respect, Jill, that's bullshit.

I can almost guarranttee that she will not have a job next year because of this. There have been teachers fired for less than this and its the fact that she stripped on tv and is teaching in the heart of the bible belt that will be her downfall.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

FORT Fanatic
    No it isn't, John. It's what you get if you don't raise your own kids. Like I said, if you don't want them exposed to anything you don't agree with, homeschool them and keep them home until they're 18.

Unless you wish to teach your children at home, that choice is not financially realistic for many people, you have to send them to school.
    Where I grew up, we were always told that teachers legally acted "in loco parentis" i.e. in place of a parent with regard to the not only the academic responsibililites, but also the physical and mental well-being of the children in their care.

Being a teacher is about more than just standing in front of a room of kids and spouting lines out of a text book. There is a far deeper responsibility.

Teachers can have an enormous influence over the children they teach, particularly a young teacher, teaching younger children, even when the children have a loving and disciplined home life.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fanatic
    Just want to add that I'm sick of television programming being influenced by people who can't be bothered to know what their kids are watching. If kids are so young as to be inlfluenced by seeing Heidi's blurred-out body on Survivor, their parents should be monitoring their viewing anyway.

Jill, correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't have kids right?
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Fanatic
    I'll add one more time: my mother has been a teacher for 30 years, so I do know what they go through. She's sick of being expected to raise other's kids, and she's a fabulous and dedicated teacher. She, too, thinks that there is too much dependence on teachers as substitute parents.

Do we have any teachers on the board?

Each child she teaches wouldn't have needed to watch the show to know what she did. I am sure it was the talk of the school having been seen by some of the older pupils or even by older siblings at high school.

Whether or not the children actually saw it wasnlt the issue for me. The fact that she (and Jenna) did it at all, for absolutely no reason was why I had a problem with it.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread