+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Eldon Teacher Defends Her Survivor Stripping

Good question Miss F. Maybe somebody should ask them that in their chat. I'm sure that's an event many people are looking forward to.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    MissF...actually that question has been asked.

Joanna addressed that in her interview with TES and laughed saying she never felt the slightest bit jealous of the HCA (she did not use HCA, I did), and that no one out there was jealous of them.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

From Joanna's interview:
    JoAnna said, "I was extremely unaware of the fact that there were people who thought that I thought, or Jeanne thought, that they were more beautiful than us or prettier, 'cause I don't feel that way. I'm not intimidated by them at all."

She added that she did not think their bodies are as nice as hers "in its natural state."
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)

And from Jeanne's
    Hebert went on to say that Heidi and Jenna were poor role models for women.

"I was a threat," she said. "I never saw 20-year-olds that lazy or content with using their bodies and their beauty, rather than their intellect and their guts.

"It's a shame, because I think women or young ladies need a role model that will show them that, throughout life, you really need to use your mind, and your determination, and your spirit to move you. And I didn't see that in the girls. And I knew from the beginning that's where they wanted to go. And I just couldn't identify with that. I'd never use my body to advance me."

And, she added, referring to the episode where the younger women went bathing, "I think there was a quote, I don't know exactly, but 'the older women have issues.' And I want to set the record straight. We don't have issues with our bodies. I miss my 20-year-old body. But I would never give it up for the intellect that I have as a 41-year-old mom of three. And I would have loved to take off my clothes in front of everyone. But I didn't want to do it in front of 22 million Americans" watching the show.

Not surprised.

The main reason I think Heidi was spouting off more than we saw was Joanna's little speil that beauty will fade. I don't think that was unprovoked.

It appeared to go over their heads.

And didn't Roger say he found Heidi to be most repulsive in interviews after his boot?

I just haven't seen the Heidi that Heidi fans have, I guess. I've seen nothing redeemable about her.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

FORT Regular
    What's this Saturn DVD everyone is talking about?

LG.
    I think if you bought a Saturn car for some period of time (or maybe just a test drive, but John bought one I think), you got a special DVD about Survivor: Amazon, as that is the official car of this season on Survivor. I don't have a one.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Regular
    Thanks for clarifying that. I wish I had bought a saturn...but I'm guessing that deal doesn't apply to us Canucks.

BTW, I like you're avatar!

You didn't have to buy or test-drive anything. You just walked in and grabbed 'em. I had two and gave one away.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Yep, just go into your Saturn dealership, and ask them for a Saturn DVD.

+ Reply to Thread