+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 10/04 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 10/04 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I missed the Barnes and Noble comment also.

Hope one of you guys can give us the Cliff Notes version.

Someone asked about Jeff P. and nicknames. Yes, I believe it really ticks him off when they write down nicknames - I figure he lectures them every year about it.

The Mom nickname irked him, I'm sure, but I guess they let it go (with a stern warning off camera, perhaps?)

As I see it, James did not infer or imply that he wanted to "bang" Courtney. It was definitely Jean B being a typical male and insinuated that James wanted to sleep with Courtney.

"...to utilize the unique talents of each person.."
    that won't happening unless there's some sort of crawlspace challenge
    I think she's too weak to be of any use at all in a challenge. She appears to have no muscle mass and next to no stamina. After such a poor showing in the immunity challenge, do you really want to compalin about hard it was for you, showing everyone your blisters, your sore hands, and sholder? Just reinforces how useless you are and makes that target bigger. Maybe if they had a snark-based challenge ...

It was the typical male dominated tribe tonight. Vote the nice woman off and keep the sleezy man who will float his way to the end.
    Guess that's why it's not called "Survivor: Lifetime Network"

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

I am dissapointe with James. John Robert is almost as vile, to me, as Johnny Fairplay was (is) and someone sen d Courtney a sanwich. I am actually very worried about her and I try not to get invested.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bonbonlover;2599959;
    So I recall one season of Survivor a tribemember was affectionately called "Diva Girl" or something to that effect. When she was voted off, someone had merely voted for "Diva Girl" and then while reading the votes, Jeff got a bit nasty and made the person who wrote "Diva Girl" speak up and say who that was intended for. But tonight, he just read "Mom" and said that is supposed to be Leslie...
    I saw very small lettering in the lower right hand corner of the paper that was probably Leslie. I did not see the same lettering on the Sister Christian paper. I know Jeff has told people that rule more than once. I wonder why it is not being enforced now?
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

Quote Originally Posted by nliedel;2600464;
    I saw very small lettering in the lower right hand corner of the paper that was probably Leslie. I did not see the same lettering on the Sister Christian paper. I know Jeff has told people that rule more than once. I wonder why it is not being enforced now?
    It should be easy to enforce. He just needs to say that votes without the person's real name (whether they can spell it correctly or not) will be void and not count toward the final result.

I think sometimes the voters use nicknames on the voting sheets as a last dig or an apology (real or strategic).

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2599602;
    They know the tube is about the HII .....
    Do they? I mean, I suppose it's obvious and should be assumed knowledge, but I don't recall Jeffy Pop explaining that that is what the tube is all about (did he?) so I don't think they know 100% for sure....other than Jaime, Leslie and of course Todd. Which brings to mind....why haven't we seen any conversations from the others regarding this? You'd think that SOMEONE would have approached Jaime or Leslie about it...picking their brain and digging for info. This'd make for great TV, IMO, yet nothing.

Another thought......obviously, to make it an even playing field, the HII in each camp has to be "hidden" in the same manner, and the clues have to be the same for each, sooooo......I wonder if there is anything in place to stop a person from one tribe finding and taking the OTHER tribe's HII during a kidnapping. Ooooooooh.....wouldn't that be scandalous!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ManySkills;2600256;
    I missed the Barnes and Noble comment also.

Hope one of you guys can give us the Cliff Notes version.

Someone asked about Jeff P. and nicknames. Yes, I believe it really ticks him off when they write down nicknames - I figure he lectures them every year about it.

The Mom nickname irked him, I'm sure, but I guess they let it go (with a stern warning off camera, perhaps?)

This is the CBS site---you can view the episode---it's in the beginning of the show, right after the discussion about what to do with the crab James caught.
    (BTW--Leslie's comments about the boys being hungry and cranky were funny too
    CBS.com - Innertube

PWS
    FORT Fogey

As I recall it the Barnes and Noble comment was that James had gone there to buy and read a book on survival, and just from that little bit felt he knew more about survival in the wild than most of these folks, even tho he was a city type guy (doesn't eat outdoors, etc.)...sort of wondering why everyone seemed to be so clueless about surviving on Survivor.

Watching Courtney attempt to cut rope in the elimination challenge was way too funny. I cannot believe anyone is that physically inept. She had to be faking it, so they could go to tribal council and get rid of J. Robert.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fan

So whose brilliant idea was it to have Courtney cut the ropes? Why not automatically put her on puzzle patrol?

The wardrobe situation is terrible this time around. I really don't need to be seeing all these people in their underwear.

+ Reply to Thread