+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: 9/27 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 9/27 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Was anyone else getting a little seasick watching Dave rolling his eyes during the entire tribal council? He must have severe eye sprains.He is a terrible leader. He is more a dictator and that will shoot him in the butt soon.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2591724;
    See my main problem is this, they are grown butt (not what I usually say heh) adults.. why does he have to LET THEM? Why didn't they just do it? I would have, if I was hungry I would have built that fire while he played with his pit and made food. I'm sure all of you would have done the same. I don't understand the mentality that makes people just lay around on the bamboo starving while a "leader" keeps them from eating. That's insane.
    That's what I was trying to figure out; just because he raised his hand when Jeff asked who would be willing to be a leader? Anyhow, I think they will let Dave work himself about half to death on the hard stuff, then vote out. Well, that's what I'd try to do if I were there, anyway!

And ys, Dave's lunatic eyerolling is just too much--I wonder what he thought when he saw it on his TV!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappymom;2591741;
    That's one thing I don't understand. What Dave did on this episode usually earns a resounding vote out of the tribe. This is why so many people are afraid to become leader. But as has been mentioned already on this thread, there's a big difference between a good leader and a dictator. Nobody agrees with Dave but they're all letting him get away with it.

BTW I think keeping Dave - for now - was a smart move, even if I wanted to see his sorry butt gone.
    So why do you thinkit was a smart move? Maybe for the same mysterious reason they did?
    My guess would be, he's a strong male (at least some of the time!), and he works hard if not always on the most logical things. They need him for challenges to keep the rest of them safe. Of course, as Dr. Phil would say, how's that working out for you? But presumably they think it would be even worse if he left.

They're keeping Dave because he works hard, and can make fire, IMO. They want him for the challenges, but if their tribe gets put on the chopping block again, I wouldn't be surprised to see him ousted.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2591724;
    See my main problem is this, they are grown butt (not what I usually say heh) adults.. why does he have to LET THEM? Why didn't they just do it? I would have, if I was hungry I would have built that fire while he played with his pit and made food. I'm sure all of you would have done the same. I don't understand the mentality that makes people just lay around on the bamboo starving while a "leader" keeps them from eating. That's insane.

PG was the second in charge, why didn't she just say "OK.. you can have these people to build your pit, we are going to make some food and then we can switch off so everybody can eat." Why didn't any of them say that?

We will never know the answers, however, I think its the core of why this team keeps losing. They don't seem to have any self-drive or motivation or direction or well pretty much anything. Lemmings. (There are some on the team that I like but as long as they keep just blindly following the leader or complaining behind his/her back and not doing anything about it? I'm not going to think much of them)
    This is exactly my point! If anything they should think of building their phyiscal and psychological well being! They could've had food which would nurture their bodies and give them strength for the competitions. And the fire could've at least give some comfort to help in easing anxieties they may have. It would've given them the kick in the butt to begin to build some sort of shelter!!!!

Nik

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2593309;
    Was anyone else getting a little seasick watching Dave rolling his eyes during the entire tribal council? He must have severe eye sprains.He is a terrible leader. He is more a dictator and that will shoot him in the butt soon.
    Once again Bearcata (just like with Survivor Fiji) WE AGREE. lol. I can't stand Dave. What kind of leader says no to FOOD before a competition?? That alone should have gotten him the boot before Girl with Lip Ring.

And normally you could understand a group keeping around a strong guy no matter how much they hate him just for the manpower in challenges, but he was utterly useless to them - he could barely carry that log! I really wish he had been booted.

+ Reply to Thread