+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 9/27 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 9/27 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I loved, loved, loved when James grabbed Frosti during the reward challenge. That was so great. It was like an adult holding on to one kid and then grabbing another kid. I'm going to be so disappointed if/when James is gone. But I'm happy with this season so far! I'm so glad I have someone to root for. And even if James gets booted, there are others on his tribe that have potential. I'm even warming up to Todd!
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCJUDE;2590087;
    Bottom line ... the teams are once again physically lopsided (James==TWO people), and barring a switch up of teams or a mental puzzle the stronger team fails at, this is looking like another several episode slaughter.
    With the thousands of applicants you'd think they could make the teams a little more even.....or at least, as you said, have less physical challenges.

I am glad they sent Ashley home mainly it's one less blonde on the show.. plus that tribe can't afford to lose any more muscle.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Great episode! I liked this one more than the premiere. So far, this season is looking very promising to me. I hope the producers keep it up!

I love the Amanda-Todd alliance. Oh, and I guess I can add Aaron also, although they hinted that they only asked him to join them so the target won't be on them. That's so smart. The two biggest Survivor fans of the season join in an alliance... I like it.

The challenges were great. My pre-show favorite Amanda is turning out to be my on-show favorite. She did so well in the challenge, scoring for Fei Long during the first round. She was so focused in the game that she didn't even know her top was off! Well, at least I think she didn't know since she looked so surprised that her top was off at the end of the round. I don't like the guy, but I gotta give it to him: Jean-Robert also did well in the mud challenge. He took down Frosti, giving way for James to score for Fei Long.

The immunity challenge I liked. It's great when they mix physical with mental.

I kinda got a hunch that Fei Long was going to kidnap Jaime. When Jeff told them to decide who to kidnap, I don't know why, but I thought to myself, "It's going to be Jaime." And whatdayaknow, she was chosen! Their reason was a little weird though. Because she's a "spot of sunshine"? Umm... okay. Jaime did well when she chose who to give the clue to. It was a good decision to give it to the weakest player since if they do find it, they'll stay longer in the game.

But now Leslie kind of ruined Jaime's plan by giving it to one of the stronger players in the game. In the past, the immunity idol was shared, but that didn't turn out well. For example, Edgardo was voted out when Alex used the idol, making one of the most memorable Tribal Councils ever.

I love how the immunity idol is right in front of them. It's right there, on top of the arch.

Not much Denise is being shown. What a shame...

Alright, we're off to a great start. Survivor, don't let me down now!
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2590159;
    .... Their reason was a little weird though. Because she's a "spot of sunshine"? Umm... okay. ....
    They saw her as the most positive influence on Zhan Hu and they wanted to remove that for the time she'd be kidnapped, further demoralizing them.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCJUDE;2590087;
    I think I am watching a different show. Yeah Dave may be annoying but it comes with the territory--Leader==constantly having to suggest, cajole, demand, explain etc. everything to the always plentiful whiny, lazy, complaining non contributors. .......... Hope Sherea (boo hoo) took good notice of the vote (5-2) and realize she alligned herself with the (unanimously chosen) eliminated player. ......
    Good leaders aren't annoying. If a leader is annoying, the people they are to lead will not want to be lead by them. Thus, defeating the purpose. Agreed with the other traits listed above, but there is far more to it than that. Like listening, encouragement, delegating, praise and flexibility. All I get from Dave is it's his way or the highway.

The vote was 6-1. Sherea voted Ashley as well. One wouldn't have thought so, the way she was tearing up on Ashley's departure.

Kinda early still, but I get that Jean-Robert is planning on playing the game like it's Poker (read solo). Not smart.

FORT Fanatic

Jean-Robert, I didn't know being lazy was an actual strategy! Maybe he's confused and thinks he's on Big Brother where throwing challenges CAN be a good strategy. I don't think doing nothing and sleeping all day is a good idea on this show.

Dave was certainly annoying this episode. I think he won't last much longer.

I was sorry to see Ashley go. Not because I think she's that great to look at-the peircings turn me off and the boobs are ridiculous- but I think she would have been an interesting player to watch. Guess we'll never know.

I wish we had some explanation of why the tribes were set up this way, instead of picking tribes or at least by a random drawing; they seem really unfairly set up in terms of strong players.We may just continue o see the same group at TC.
    Last edited by waitforbigbro; 09-28-2007 at 04:41 AM. Reason: misspelling

I think in this situation and with the world's laziest tribe, that a good leader would have to be annoying just to get them off their butts and actually doing something. They don't listen, they all think they are right and that anybody who dares to tell them anything other than just lay around and feel sorry for yourselves is bossy. I'm glad this tribe keeps losing, they get on my nerves with the bad attitudes and laziness.

Anyways, Ashley was the right person to go. I'd like to see Sherea gone next because she doesn't seem to do much of anything.

The way James and Jean-Robert ganged up on the other team during the second challenge was insane. They didn't stand a chance. I wonder if J-R's showing of strength made the other people's brain's start working? Based off that and the way he acts around camp? Something isn't exactly computing.

They have a psychologist there with the Survivors and she and her team help de-brief them before sending them home. They also do a battery of testing before they are selected. I think that they purposely put the ones they perceive as weak (in one way or another) together because it makes for more drama when the same team loses over and over.

Wow. Knocking out the "novelty" contestants early.
    The producers must have been rather peeved with this.

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2590257;
    I think in this situation and with the world's laziest tribe, that a good leader would have to be annoying just to get them off their butts and actually doing something. They don't listen, they all think they are right and that anybody who dares to tell them anything other than just lay around and feel sorry for yourselves is bossy. I'm glad this tribe keeps losing, they get on my nerves with the bad attitudes and laziness.
    Hmmm. I don't really see it as laziness, more a case of major disorganization. That's what I kept thinking all night last night - they're not opposed to doing something (many shots of camp life showed them milling around breaking twigs and piddling at camp, just not with any sort of real direction...), it's just that they haven't a clue what to do! And as far as bad attitudes go, I agree that Dave, Sherea, and Ashley seem to really like expressing their displeasure, but PG, Frosti, Jaime, and Erik seem to be good, solid players and have the potential to become a likable group. I'm not writing off the tribe as a whole, but I'm certainly not impressed, either.

I love Todd. And I really liked Amanda - If she hadn't said "My mother is going to kill me!" after the top fiasco, I may not have been as impressed with her! And she teamed up with Todd, so she's smart. Bringing in Aaron as the beard was genious. And Courtney seems like another smart, good candidate for this alliance - I found her quips last night very funny and snarky, less annoyingly bratty than last week. She only had limited air-time this week, but still, I think I may end up liking her.

Why are they building their camp in the low area? Are they not allowed to build it on the higher ground near by?

Leslie said that God gave her the clue. I thought it was Jamie. Then again, who am I to argue with Leslie? Apparently, Jamie is God.

Bye Ashley's boobs. One of them had to go (Dave or Ashley). I think Dave has more to give than Ashley. He just has to learn how to work with others. His best bet is to give a low key speech about working together and lay low, work hard, and hope to avoid the chopping block if they lose again. Don't think it's in him to do this though. Drama queen.

I like Todd, but think he's getting more credit for being a "great player" than he's earned so far. He's formed an alliance, had a clue shared with him unexpectedly, sat out a challenge, and talked a big game without actually doing anything strategic yet. Hope he steps up to the plate when it comes time, but so far he's riding the bench.

Less Courtney is better.

+ Reply to Thread