+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marky's spider fixation

Marky's spider fixation

What's up with all the spiders they show every episode? Yeah, we get it already. They have big spiders in the Amazon. You don't need to show them every commercial, every episode, etc. Get over it.

Dunno... guess it is all a part of the idea of making people be creeped out by seeing all the animals that are there in the Amazon. I am actually surprised that none of the survivors had a problem with one animal or other. I would think that I would be on a constant look out for spiders and snakes! Maybe it is same idea as the forest around my town, there are so many animals there, but they hide and don't bother you, even if you camp there. s: Didn't the Survivors in Africa have problems with animals, and they had to have a constant watch-out for one?

Too many sloths too as far as I'm concerned. I don't think anybody ventured far enough away from camp to worry about many wild animals. They seem pretty safe where they are now.

We really noticed the spiders tonight especially, John. The one looked like it was heading off into the fire. Is the moral of the story that Amazon spiders are dumbasses?
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

You're not the boss of me ollie's Avatar
    "Is the moral of the story that Amazon spiders are dumbasses?"

'originally submiitted by Paulie'
    (sorry, don't know how to quote someone, yet)

ollie, you can click on the "quote" button on the lower right portion of the post you'd like to include in your own post.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I dunno if he's fixated on them or if he's using them symbolically...

He's used spiders in other Survivor seasons & I took note of a particular time when Shii-Ann was buddying up with Brian. At the begininng of the episode, it showed a spider that had gotten tangled up in it's own web & then eaten by another insect (can't recall what kind of bug ate it). Then later that episode, Shii-Ann (and us) found out the "merge" was NOT a merge, and Shii-Ann's duplicity came back to bite her in the ass. So I really think he's using the spiders symbolically. JMO.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

You're not the boss of me ollie's Avatar
    Thanks, Paulie.

All I know is, it works for the underage audience. My little boys love the discovery channel shots. My two year old was running around last night screaming "Pida! Pida! Ewwwww!" (Note to MB: If the two year olds are noticing, you've been a bit too heavy handed).
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

Princess
    I HATE spiders!!! However, I can appreciate and get fascinated by the way those large spiders move.
    Anyway... my thought about the shots of the spiders was just that they were trying to convey how dangerous/scary it is out there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast