+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Leslie - China

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Leslie - China

Leslie
    Home Town: Tega Cay, SC

Leslie Nease's stepfather was a United States Marine, so she traveled with her family all over the world. She attended and graduated from Kubasaki High School in Okinawa, Japan. Moving back to the United States, Nease attended two years of college at Shepherd College in Shepherdstown, West Virginia.

Nease currently works as a Christian host for a midmorning radio show. She is on the air from 9 am until noon, and then spends the rest of her day being mom to her four kids, Stephanie, Tommy, Kennedy and Peyton. She also teaches fitness classes three nights a week (step, kickboxing, sculpt and cycle) and has her own speaking ministry where she encourages others in their faith. She has written a book about fitness & spirituality called Body Builders. She has previously worked as a personal trainer and waitress.

Nease's hobbies include reading and studying scripture, writing poetry, yard sales and camping with her family. Her favorite sport is volleyball. She describes herself as energetic, passionate and overwhelming. Her favorite topics are what she considers to be her "Four Fs": Faith, Family, Friends and Fitness. She was Mrs. North Carolina in the Mrs. USA pageant in Las Vegas in August 2001. In March 2003, she was the first New York finalist in the Regis & Kelly co-host search when Kelly went on maternity leave. In April 2006, she went on a mission trip to La Paz, Cochabamba and Santa Cruz, Bolivia, where they spent most of their time outdoors in the Andes Mountains visiting Compassion International-sponsored children in underdeveloped areas.

Nease has auditioned for SURVIVOR every season for the past five years. She always wanted to experience SURVIVOR for herself and decided she wasn't giving up. She never let the rejection get her down, but instead allowed it to fuel her passion for the adventure. Finally, after 11 audition tapes, her dream is coming true.

Nease currently resides in Tega Cay, South Carolina with her husband of 18 years, Rod. They have one dog, Buddy. Her birth date is March 25, 1969.

Favorites
    Colors: Seafoam green, burgundy
    Scents: Clean laundry
    Flowers: Daisies
    Board Games: Balderdash, Scattergories
    Video/Computer Games: No favorite
    Sports to Play: Volleyball, softball
    Sports Teams: Carolina Panthers
    Outdoor Activities: Camping, kayaking
    TV Shows: SURVIVOR, The Office, Heroes, Friday Night Lights
    Movies: Dumb and Dumber, Joan of Arc, GI Jane
    Music: Contemporary Christian
    Magazines: Fitness, Today's Christian Woman
    Books/Authors: The Debt, The Bible
    Cereal: Raisin Nut Bran
    Fruit: Cantaloupe, pineapple
    Chips/Snacks: Whole wheat pita and hummus
    Cookies: Oreos
    Candy Bars: Twix
    Alcoholic Drinks: No favorite
    Non-Alcoholic Drinks: Sweet tea, Starbucks coffee
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Re: Leslie - China

I like her. Hopefully she won't be the agressive type with her beliefs.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2536591;
    I like her. Hopefully she won't be the agressive type with her beliefs.
    That was the first thing I thought of when I read her bio is that she'll be edited as the religious overbearing motherly type. But I do like her, and she looks like she could be strong.

She looks very much like Jerri in her bio photo.

She's seems like a tough competitor.
    She auditioned for every season so she wants this and I'm sure she's going to put up a fight to stay as long as possible.

It's going to be interesting seeing her and Todd together since they are in the same tribe. I hope she's not going to be the type to disown him for his beliefs and stuff.

Because of the hair. That's the only thing similar to Jerri.
    The big brother addiction its taking over

Oh dear god there's two of them!

So auditioned five times, I guess they finally got sick of her?
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

I am really hoping that she isn't edited horrible. Or turn into someone else... My mother has worked with her on the 91.9 radio station here in Charlotte and has always spoke highly of her.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

I actually think that's a really good picture of her.

One thing I like is that she auditioned. I didn't like how Fiji was filled with mostly recruits (only Gary auditioned). I think China is making up for it.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I echo the hope that she isn't aggressive with her beliefs. If she is indeed such a great fan (and applying that many times implies that she is) then she probably knows enough to keep her opinions to herself at least for the first few days. They usually kick off first the overbearing motherly type or person who annoys everyone else by pushing their beliefs. I seem to remember the guy kicked off first in Rob M's first season freaking everyone out by spouting off too much.

I doubt that she'll be overbearing....she's only 38. Looks like she must have some great communication skills and has worked in group situations which could be a plus for her.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast