+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Leslie - China

Re: Leslie - China

I don't think she'll be overbearing, either. Her expierience on radio gives her good people skills and as for her being on a Christian show, she's likely watched every season since she's tried out for all of them, so she probably knows she won't last long if she becomes overbearing.

Quote Originally Posted by kev89;2548686;
    she's likely watched every season since she's tried out for all of them, so she probably knows she won't last long if she becomes overbearing.
    That's true. If she is indeed such a fan, she'll know how things generally play out in the beginning. She may just be a strong competitor, especially if she is physically adept at the challenges and can put her people skills to good use.

Quote Originally Posted by kev89;2548686;
    I don't think she'll be overbearing, either. Her expierience on radio gives her good people skills and as for her being on a Christian show, she's likely watched every season since she's tried out for all of them, so she probably knows she won't last long if she becomes overbearing.
    This is like saying that someone that puts "Survivor" as one of their favorite shows is going to know that they will NEED TO KNOW how to START A FIRE with some rocks.

This always bugs me, if I was ever called to be on Survivor, the first thing I would do is try to start a fire with rocks every day, all day, until I could do it with my eyes closed

But I still think a radio show host can't help herself but be overbearing.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

Radio Show hosts on Christian stations overall stay away from controversy....they shy away from offending their listeners from many denominations by staying on middle ground. They really don't like rocking the boat. I'm sure she has learned this skill and will use it to her advantage.

But again, time could prove me all wrong. We will find out soon.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

She seems like a soccer mom fueled with self-righteousness and expresso to me. I still like something about her, though. Maybe its the sweet tea.

She can be religious and not be penalized for it if she can keep from getting in people's faces with it. Kentucky Joe managed to pray and read his Bible without freaking out the pagans. We'll see how she handles it.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FORT Regular

I hope they don't play organ music whenever she speaks on the show....and I think they could have picked alot less attractive radio talk show hosts, there is a reason Rush Limbaugh isnt on TV.....

FORT Newbie

Walking out of the welcoming ceramony in the Buddist temple left me with a pretty bad first impression. We'll see...

FORT Fogey

She really showed her ignorance by walking out of the Buddhist temple. And is it a smart move to separate yourself from the group this early in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Gambler;2581232;
    She really showed her ignorance by walking out of the Buddhist temple. And is it a smart move to separate yourself from the group this early in the game?
    I would have walked out to.

Originally Posted by Austin Gambler

Quote Originally Posted by gemgirlco.com;2581241;
    I would have walked out to.
    So would I.

I did not think she was "showing her ignorance" at all. Jeff could call it anything he likes, but it was a form of worship...like the saying goes, "if it walks like a duck..." They had their hands like they were praying, they were bowing down, & they were in a temple. And they had no idea what the Monks were saying, so it could have been anything. Personally, I thought she was far more respectful than Courtney, who sat there & made a mockery of it from the moment they walked in through the temple gates.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast