+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there no Survivor tonight? March 15th

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik;2282289;
    Oh great, I'm gonna get NO WORK done now on Wednesdays. AI at 8, Survivor at 9 and Lost at 10??

And the rest of the week - a big fat goose egg. I wish they'd spread out my favorite shows more.
    You could Tivo all three and spread them out over a couple of days?
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by Nik;2282289;
    Oh great, I'm gonna get NO WORK done now on Wednesdays. AI at 8, Survivor at 9 and Lost at 10??

And the rest of the week - a big fat goose egg. I wish they'd spread out my favorite shows more.
    I might have to miss it. I have a class on those days... eh...

I wonder why they show it after this coming TAR? That would've been pretty cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze;2282545;
    I wonder why they show it after this coming TAR? That would've been pretty cool!
    Oh that would.

I think everyone on this board will be posting on the America's Next Top Model thread next Wed and I think putting Survivor vs ANTM might also make some interesting ratings.

I noticed that except for Gary leaving for medical reasons the rest of the bootees are all female. All 5 of them, is that some sort of record? There are 9 men and only 4 woman left and none of the woman is what I would call strong physically. Interesting how Ravu is sacrificing all its women as the weakest links, but we all know that it is Rocky the Idiot.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2282811;
    I think everyone on this board will be posting on the America's Next Top Model thread next Wed and I think putting Survivor vs ANTM might also make some interesting ratings.
    I'll be here, but I'm just gonna be late since I live on the West Coast.

And ANTM doesn't even come close to Survivor's ratings (you can blame the show being on the CW for that). Survivor may lose some viewers, but only a little.

Ugh. Bad enough I'm on the West Coast as well, but Wednesday is no good for me.... might be missing this episode.

And I don't think I can watch online as I'm a lowly Canadian (what's up with only the States being allowed to view shows online?)

^Do Canadians have Comcast?

Because OnDemand has the episodes. I don't know what other option there is if you don't have Comcast.

OK this may sound like a dopey question but if you use the internet to go to NBC.com, does NBC check your IP address and note that it is Canadian and therefore does not download the Survivor episode??? Why would NBC block people from outside the US from watching a broadcast???
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey
    NBC? Don't you mean CBS?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    Why would NBC block people from outside the US from watching a broadcast???
    Oh that's simple.
    CBS puts adverts in their online video. That pays for you to watch it there, instead of watching the ads on TV.

But, CBS sells the show to TV stations overseas. Those online ads make NO money for Channel 9 in Australia, and the online show stops Australians from watching the show on TV. It cuts the "paying" audience, which obviously the TV stations don't like.

So they've got to block it.

If they thought they could make a dollar out of it, the Aussie or Canadian TV stations could setup their own websites, supplying advertising relevant to their own regions.
    Last edited by emjoi; 03-18-2007 at 10:04 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast