+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: 2/22 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2254526;
    Exactly! Ravu's lack of protein hasn't been mentioned as a hinderance to winning challenges that require both strength and ingenuity. At 10 days, if they continue to eat only coconut and fruit, they will need medical attention. BUT - they do have fire, now. If they are thinking clearly, they can fashion spears and hunt for fish, snakes, or animals in the woods. Evolution on a short term scale.
    I agree with everything you said. Ravu's 4 (it's 4, right?) straight losses are partly due to lack of food and water. How are they supposed to be able to compete against Moto in physical challenges, when they (Moto) have plenty of food and water, and much more comfortable living conditions in general? The whole concept of one tribe living in a luxury camp is stupid. It really eliminates the "survival" aspect of the game for that tribe. It also makes things very predictable. It's obvious that Moto will win the majority of the challenges until the merge, assuming that they stay at the luxury camp.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2255212;
    That bothers me too, the are doing the typical man thing of booting off the women cause they are not valuable in the challenges. As if Yua Man is? I could break him in half with my finger. Its just annoying to see a bunch of 'dicks with brains' attempt to rule this tribe. Ravu needs a mutiny very badly.
    I can see how easy it is for Yua man, Michelle and Earl to stick together. Each one has a target on their back, it's not that big yet but it gets bigger if they lose their allies. Yua man is older and can't compete in the challenges at the same level as the young guys, Earl is a good guy, liked and carries his wieght mostly but that makes him a threat as well and michelle, the way it's going is women out first.

I don't think for some it's so much a women thing as it is your not in my alliance and your continued presence can hurt me/us in the next vote-a variation of anyone but me (or my alliance). Why make waves to boot someone else over the intended boot and call attention to yourself and your alliance? Go with the flow and shortly it will be too late for them to do anything about who gets booted and when. You planned on getting rid of all these people eventually, they don't seem to picky about the order

I think the infighting deflect attention from the majority trio. They can easily get Anthony to vote with them now and they can control the next boot.

The key word is "attempt". The putz brothers think they are running things and the only thing they are running is themselves into the ground and they don't have the slightest clue. Let them continue to think that right up until they get their torches snuffed

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2255212;
    the are doing the typical man thing of booting off the women cause they are not valuable in the challenges.
    Almost without fail, the camera focuses in on the reaction of at least one of the winning group seeing their first look at the new loser tribe, ??? having been voted off.

Almost without fail, the reaction is more shock (real or not) rather than indifference or joy. Even at the beginning. Upon seeing and hearing that ??? was booted, someone is shown who is shocked, totally shocked. I'd prefer they eliminate that weekly manufactured (IMO) reaction, as well as Jeffie's "wanna know what you're playing for?" or at least the even worse "worth playing for?".

They MUST have a rule prohibiting it, because lacking one I can't imagine there wouldn't have been someone I'd still be cheering that would have just said NO! too loud to be missed by the sound crew even if Jeff ignored it. Bonus attagirl/boy cheers if the NO is coupled with a circular arm motion body language signifying 'C'mon, let's speed this up'.

Umm, but back to the reason of this post, after Jessica was booted it they showed some Moto dude shocked or dismayed or not. Who knows which or why at that point? I personally assumed he'd miss her bod more than her personally, but they did have a few days together, so I could be wrong.

THIS week at the 'take a look at the new Ravu' moment, it showed one of the Moto gals being apparently less than overjoyed to hear that Erica was booted, and rather than imagining that she was upset about it being Erica specifically who'd departed, I was projected that it related more to 'Another week, another woman gone'. Were I a woman even on the team that hadn't lost someone yet, I'd still probably consider the loss of woman after woman after woman leaving on the other as affecting me negatively long term in the game, reducing my options. Even more so considering that the first two women to depart were young and fit.

James campaigned against all the women that have left, that or backstabbed them. Not projecting any further than man's-man James, I'm wondering whether he's intent on offing all women as threats because he simply doesn't relate to them too well.

FORT Fogey
    If this tribe boots either Mookie or Rocky, they deserve to keep losing. Going after the women is a reasonable approach, though none of the women should go before Yau Man.

I'd forgotten to mention Yau-Man in my last post, glad you brought him up again, user name.

I'd been tickled by Bearcata mentioning she(?) could break him in half with her finger, the initial reason I'd meant to include him. But beyond that, Bearcata's remark reminded me about a disappointment associated with Yau-Man. I was ready to by into the whole 'Professor' schtick, and Yau-Man is failing to perform or even attempt to fulfill my fantasy.

When he strode up to do caved chest battle against impressive enough looking Dreamz, he appeared at face so outclassed physically that I wouldn't have faulted Lisi or anyone else laughing if it wasn't so obviously nasty. Not that physicality was necessarily going to rule that round, which brings me back to my main moan.

I actually thought-hoped that Yau-Man was going to pull some nugget out of his noggin that would have him blazing down the course in blazing speed based on him practically applying some esoteric knowledge, appearing Ozzy-like based on brainiac knowledge rather than brawn. Didn't occur. He had a second shot when it came to taking his shots and I harkened back to visuals of people in movies or tv making shots of one sort or another where the appearance was given it could all be broken down into a number crunching exercise. Yau-Man did well enough, but he performed as an ordinary guy rather than a brainiac 'Professor'. I don't feel cheated, just disappointed. If he'd managed to step up in that manner it would have made even their losing more palatably entertaining.

Fort Fashion Expert Kirsten1526's Avatar
    I think that having some women in the tribe proves valuable. Besides Yau-Man, all the men are muscular and built. When they have to carry someone (say on a sleigh as in the first challenge) or go through narrow openings or other things, women are better equipped. Would you rather rescue Rita or Mookie in a challenge? Rita is lighter and might be more agile.

No offense, but some women that are still left don't fit the profile for the type of women I wrote about above. I wonder how this will pan out later. I think Stacy and Liliana are the only small ones left on Moto? I don't remember most of the women on Moto, or men for that fact.

Click to see Spoiler:
    so I wonder what happens when they redistribute teams and the women have to be redistributed as well. Where will the skinny ones fall and how will the womens' sizes affect the challenge strategies?

FORT Fogey
    I can't imagine they'll have more than one challenge at most where being smaller is an advantage, but if they do, Michelle will still be around unless she does something really stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by hot_chocolate;2255324;
    I agree with everything you said. Ravu's 4 (it's 4, right?) straight losses are partly due to lack of food and water. How are they supposed to be able to compete against Moto in physical challenges, when they (Moto) have plenty of food and water, and much more comfortable living conditions in general? The whole concept of one tribe living in a luxury camp is stupid. It really eliminates the "survival" aspect of the game for that tribe. It also makes things very predictable. It's obvious that Moto will win the majority of the challenges until the merge, assuming that they stay at the luxury camp.
    Exactly. I HATE this "twist." One of the reasons that Australian Outback was so good is that they ACTUALLY HAD TO SURVIVE. To the point that Jeff brought them food in exchange for their tarp since they actually were starving. Ever since then the tribes have been given enough rice/corn/____ to make sure that doesn't happen again. They did that halfsies this time and it is much less compelling. This reminds me of two years ago where there was no "merge" because only Steph was left. Who will be the lonesome survivor from Ravu?
    "A pessimist is an optimist with experience." --Chuck Daly

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by PurrpleCat;2255831;
    Exactly. I HATE this "twist." One of the reasons that Australian Outback was so good is that they ACTUALLY HAD TO SURVIVE. To the point that Jeff brought them food in exchange for their tarp since they actually were starving. Ever since then the tribes have been given enough rice/corn/____ to make sure that doesn't happen again. They did that halfsies this time and it is much less compelling. This reminds me of two years ago where there was no "merge" because only Steph was left. Who will be the lonesome survivor from Ravu?
    I watched thats eason after it aired. I rooted for Steph... if they dont merge this season like they didnt thats eason I will be really mad. Give the long ravu a chance! For crying out loud we dont even KNOW the other tribe... so its like watching a new season when one tribe is wiped out. I don't want to see Ravu lose every time... ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by Julian Pyke;2256885;
    I watched thats eason after it aired. I rooted for Steph... if they dont merge this season like they didnt thats eason I will be really mad. Give the long ravu a chance! For crying out loud we dont even KNOW the other tribe... so its like watching a new season when one tribe is wiped out. I don't want to see Ravu lose every time... ugh!
    My guess is that there will be a reshuffling of the tribes soon.

+ Reply to Thread