+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Yau-Man - Fiji

Yau-Man - Fiji

Age - 54
    Home town - Martinez, CA
    Occupation - Computer engineer

Biography
    Originally from Malaysian Borneo, Yau-Man Chan attended All Saints Secondary School in Kota Kinabalu. He moved to the United States where he received a Bachelor of Science degree from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He went on to receive his Master of Science degree from the University of California, Santa Barbara.

Chan is the Director of Information Systems for the College of Chemistry at the University of California, Berkeley. In this position, he manages and runs the information systems infrastructure for administrative, research and teaching units of the college. This includes setting up networks, computers and managing business database systems. He previously worked designing electronic circuits for scientific instruments to collect data. He's also been a housepainter, cook and dishwasher.

Chan enjoys playing table tennis, bicycling, woodworking and reading. He is a member of the USA Table Tennis Association. He describes himself as intellectual and contemplative. He considers himself a natural leader, a good organizer, very skilled with his hands, very resourceful and feels he possesses a keen intellect.

Chan has been married to his wife, Jennifer, for 23 years. They have two children, Penelope and Ione. They also have a dog, Tucker and two rabbits, Ruby and Cupid. Chan's birth date is August 26, 1952.

Favorites:
    Colors
    Sky blue
    Scents
    Rose, lavender
    Flowers
    Rose
    Board Games
    No favorite
    Video Games
    Atari classics, Ms. Pac-Man
    Sports to Play
    Table tennis
    Sports Teams
    No favorite
    Outdoor Activities
    Touring
    TV Shows
    News, 60 Minutes
    Movies
    Three Days of the Condor, Anne of the Thousand Days
    Music
    Classical
    Magazines
    The Economist
    Books/Authors
    The Reason Driven Life by Robert Price
    Cereals
    No favorite
    Fruits
    Apple
    Snack Foods
    Shrimp chips
    Cookies
    Chocolate chocolate chip
    Candy Bars
    M&M's
    Alcoholic Drinks
    White wine--Gewertzraminer
    Non-Alcoholic
    Café latte

FORT Fogey
    Unless he can get his way into an unoffensive power position, I'm going with dead man walking.

He is either going to be one of the first ones off, or he's going to make it far by flying under the radar.

Cao-Boi was a much cooler name than Yau-Man.
    And he had better hair too.

Quote Originally Posted by emjoi;2203541;
    Cao-Boi was a much cooler name than Yau-Man.
    And he had better hair too.
    I think so too!

I think he's going to have to align himself with either an "old" or "Asian" groupl. I honestly don't see him getting far.

But anything could happen on Survivor!

I had to laugh ... on another site someone commented that he lost a noticable amount of weight. C'mon ... Yau-Man lost a lot of weight? He'll eat well, and sleep well, and get regular showers ... he'll be on vacation for most of the 39 days.

He's hoping he can find a geek alliance ... if he finds one they better hope it's a season of puzzles ... little chance he'll be the second coming of the Ozzman in physical challenges.
    Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.- Steven Wright

there's a couple of oldies in this survivour

One of the Korean ladies is over 50 too. She doesn't look it, but there ya go.
    An old codger alliance in the making.

I was a big fan of Willard, pre-show, but he was a bit of a dud in the end.

Snoozin' on the beach
    At first glance he looks like he'll blow over in the first stiff wind but I think he will go far. He and the geeky guy (anthony?) appear to be very non-threatening. I think people in this cast will put themselves at the head of the booting order either by shooting their mouth off, bad attitude or more useless than either of these 2 guys.

He sounds a little boring, actually with all those one-word favorites and no favorite answers, but maybe he'll turn out to be the voice of reason, advisor, father-figure guy and hang around ?

He seems a very smart -- self-described contemplative -- man who leads a rather quiet, simple life.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast