+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Yul - Cook Islands

You Dare Question Me? OrangeDingo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aota Bass;2147655;
    I'm thinking if there's a merge this week he'll give Ozzy the idol knowing that all the Rarotongas see Ozzy as a threat and know he hasn't had a chance to look for the idol at exile island.
    I'm not sure about giving the idol to Ozzy, but
    Click to see Spoiler:
    in the previews for next week on Innertube, there is a merge and Yul asks Jonathan to be a part of his alliance again. Whether this is a devious ploy to get rid of Jonathan or Yul scrambling to keep his Aitu's safe, I don't know. I just hope Jonathan stays!

Quote Originally Posted by CEO;2145564;
    I am a military man. I get the feeling there is more to the story than this -- you don't just 'leave' training. There is usually a committment involved before being admitted that one cannot simply and easily 'cast away'; and especially not for a non-familiy member. I like Yul alot, but there is somethign missing from this story.
    yeah but is it relevant to anything? I feel like it's none of our business.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    With all this talk of romances on the other threads I've been comparing Yul and Becky's backgrounds...both lawyers, 31 and 28, both single, good schools, both Korean-American (so parents happy!), both "do-gooders", both attractive, but live on different coasts. Seems like a perfect match other than that pesky geography thing.... And maybe they are carrying on a discreet romance with occasional poker faced expressions of passion in Korean that Jeff is missing and didn't get translated....or maybe not. But frankly, why not? What's not to like?
    Clearly if Yul is practically forcing the Idol on her he feels very close to her, yet Becky went out of her way to describe their relationship as sibling like. Hard to believe a straight woman would not at least consider Yul as a romantic partner. Now maybe Becky just has a little more class and dignity than your average reality contestant (cough, Candice, cough), and maybe she was just protecting her image with her parents, but.....
    So she was a women's studies major--lots of straight women's studies majors, but also a lot of bi and lesbian women as well....she's very interested in abuse issues esp. in immigrant situations (maybe something from her family?)...maybe she's not interested in any men because she's bi with a female partner or a lesbian, maybe not in any Korean American men because of what she's seen in her family or in the culture... Yet Yul still feels very close to her...so either he's not getting that he's being rejected (if he is), or he's gay and doesn't feel rejected, and in fact feels a bond with her with neither of them being that out. Which might fit with the military thing...and Brad saying he was the only "out" gay person on the show. As if there were some "in" ones. Very puzzling, the whole thing.
    Well, it will be interesting to see what happens after the show is over...this is one reunion show I'm really looking forward to!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2147869;
    With all this talk of romances on the other threads I've been comparing Yul and Becky's backgrounds...both lawyers, 31 and 28, both single, good schools, both Korean-American (so parents happy!), both "do-gooders", both attractive, but live on different coasts. Seems like a perfect match other than that pesky geography thing.... And maybe they are carrying on a discreet romance with occasional poker faced expressions of passion in Korean that Jeff is missing and didn't get translated....or maybe not. But frankly, why not? What's not to like?
    Clearly if Yul is practically forcing the Idol on her he feels very close to her, yet Becky went out of her way to describe their relationship as sibling like. Hard to believe a straight woman would not at least consider Yul as a romantic partner. Now maybe Becky just has a little more class and dignity than your average reality contestant (cough, Candice, cough), and maybe she was just protecting her image with her parents, but.....
    So she was a women's studies major--lots of straight women's studies majors, but also a lot of bi and lesbian women as well....she's very interested in abuse issues esp. in immigrant situations (maybe something from her family?)...maybe she's not interested in any men because she's bi with a female partner or a lesbian, maybe not in any Korean American men because of what she's seen in her family or in the culture... Yet Yul still feels very close to her...so either he's not getting that he's being rejected (if he is), or he's gay and doesn't feel rejected, and in fact feels a bond with her with neither of them being that out. Which might fit with the military thing...and Brad saying he was the only "out" gay person on the show. As if there were some "in" ones. Very puzzling, the whole thing.
    Well, it will be interesting to see what happens after the show is over...this is one reunion show I'm really looking forward to!
    I'll go with she's trying to keep it secret. Or the producers are trying to keep it secret till the finale. Or maybe they BOTH feel that any feelings they have for the other is unrequited, due to the whole point that the HAVE to keep their alliance secret, thus having to be quite poker-faced.

Well, editing may be a factor to keep things... Surprising. They are trying to keep the actual REAL romance a secret... Until the finale. Last episode, after the reward challenge, the cut off a clip of Yul going to hug Becky from behind. Just. Before. It. Happened. You could tell it happened. But they DIDN'T show it completely. BTW... Hugging someone from behind? That's more of a "showing affection" than a regular "friendly" hug. They didn't want us to know. Yet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Kali Kitsune;2147889;
    I'll go with she's trying to keep it secret. Or the producers are trying to keep it secret till the finale. Or maybe they BOTH feel that any feelings they have for the other is unrequited, due to the whole point that the HAVE to keep their alliance secret, thus having to be quite poker-faced.

Well, editing may be a factor to keep things... Surprising. They are trying to keep the actual REAL romance a secret... Until the finale. Last episode, after the reward challenge, the cut off a clip of Yul going to hug Becky from behind. Just. Before. It. Happened. You could tell it happened. But they DIDN'T show it completely. BTW... Hugging someone from behind? That's more of a "showing affection" than a regular "friendly" hug. They didn't want us to know. Yet.
    Excellent observation! But if it's going on I just can't figure out why they wouldn't want us to know. Generally romances help ratings.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CEO;2145564;
    I am a military man. I get the feeling there is more to the story than this -- you don't just 'leave' training. There is usually a committment involved before being admitted that one cannot simply and easily 'cast away'; and especially not for a non-familiy member. I like Yul alot, but there is somethign missing from this story.
    Mine is a military family also and I understand your view point. However, I've been very impressed with Yul's behavior and everything else that I've heard and read about him. I'm willing to believe that this event involved someone extremely close to Yul. And, as Siamesecat77 said - none of our biz. Interesting, that - any other contestant and we'd probably be DEMANDING answers. Yul seems to inspire respect.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2147970;
    Excellent observation! But if it's going on I just can't figure out why they wouldn't want us to know. Generally romances help ratings.
    Like I said, isn't it best to keep the secret till the end? Then POW! It's there! They don't thinks it's that important... Until the reunion.

Remember, When Boston Rob proposed to Amber? Jeff said "Rob asked permission to do this", maybe something will happen similar to that. Saving the best surprise... For last. Obviously, Yul has told Brad about something, in an interview, Brad said this about the romances this season: "Just wait for the Finale, it'll blow your mind!"

Yul, you are the man. You should win!!

Yul is definitely my favouite contestant this season

How great was that when he got all academic during the challenge?

It is Yul's game to win and if he doesn't make any mistakes he should.

+ Reply to Thread