+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Yul - Cook Islands

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Interesting. He attended OCS for the Marine Corps, but it doesn't mention any time serving in the Corps. Possibly US Marine Corps Reserves ?
    With the shortage of troops for Iraq and Afghanistan and he being an ex Marine office why hasn't he been recalled to duty, why is he here, that doesn't make sense and as Judge Judy says if it doesn't make any sense then it isn't true? He's 31, so graduate college at 21, Law School at 23/24, and if he is in the reserves why wasn't he called up to serve in Afghanistan after 911? The timing is right.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

How long did it take to find the immunity idol on Exile island last year? I'm so glad he found it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    With the shortage of troops for Iraq and Afghanistan and he being an ex Marine office why hasn't he been recalled to duty, why is he here, that doesn't make sense and as Judge Judy says if it doesn't make any sense then it isn't true? He's 31, so graduate college at 21, Law School at 23/24, and if he is in the reserves why wasn't he called up to serve in Afghanistan after 911? The timing is right.
    I didn't see a mention of Yul being in the reserves. It would be very difficult for anyone in the reserves to not be in some type of rotation for war these days. Yul has paid his dues and his talents can be used in many other arenas.

There was a news report today that military recruitment is up with 80, 000 new enlistees. So, Yul's appearance on Survivor didn't impact the military.

I'm so glad that Yul has found the immunity idol. Thumbs up!
    M i r a c l e

Quote:
    Originally Posted by echo226
    Interesting. He attended OCS for the Marine Corps, but it doesn't mention any time serving in the Corps.
    Quote Originally Posted by mom3 View Post
    ...that's exactly what I was wondering about. I'll refrain from speculating on why nothing is mentioned about actual service time. Bottom line is this guy is quite impressive on paper ~ nice biceps, too.
    This Marine Corps thing still puzzles me. Possibly he received a Marine Corps Scholarship and attending OCS would have been part of the deal. But, unless I am mistaken, also part of the deal is that at some point some active duty time is "owed" to the Marine Corps. Hmmm.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarlady View Post
    I didn't see a mention of Yul being in the reserves. It would be very difficult for anyone in the reserves to not be in some type of rotation for war these days. Yul has paid his dues and his talents can be used in many other arenas.
    There was a news report today that military recruitment is up with 80, 000 new enlistees. So, Yul's appearance on Survivor didn't impact the military.
    That's what puzzles me. It doesn't say anywhere that he is in the reserves OR that he paid his dues to the USMC. Perhaps he IS a reservist and they didn't mention it because they don't want to get into his areas of contribution, perhaps classified, whatever.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh good. Conspiracy theory number 345.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Newbie
    You guys are overlooking something: his highschool has a varsity water polo team. Can you name any public schools with a water polo team? The only logical conclusion is that Yul attended a posh, expensive private school, which means his family is rich. Everyone knows that rich people aren't shipped off to war unless they volunteer to go.

FORT Newbie

Yul

Yul will do good permerge but aI'm not toocertian If he'll be a threat

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    That's what puzzles me. It doesn't say anywhere that he is in the reserves OR that he paid his dues to the USMC. Perhaps he IS a reservist and they didn't mention it because they don't want to get into his areas of contribution, perhaps classified, whatever.
    A persons affiliation to the Marine Corps is never classified. That is only a line that guys at the gunshow use when they mention their time spent as a Delta-Ranger-Recon-SEAL (while they are trying to get you to buy more beef jerky). If, IF, Yul had some super secret part time job in the Marine Corps, he would still be able to say at least that he as a Marine Captain/Major and was assigned to XXX Headquarters Company, or some such. Usually, however, the part timers don't have sealed dossiers...

I am very curious about that piece of his resume as well.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishmonkey View Post
    You guys are overlooking something: his highschool has a varsity water polo team. Can you name any public schools with a water polo team? The only logical conclusion is that Yul attended a posh, expensive private school, which means his family is rich. Everyone knows that rich people aren't shipped off to war unless they volunteer to go.
    For the record, no one in this country is a member of the Armed Forces that didn't volunteer to do just that. Generally, even the rich ones don't get much say in whether or not they deploy once they have chosen for themselves to join. It is my experience, although limited to only 12 years and 5 continents, that the rich ones aren't ever the ones that are looking for a way out of the hard stuff. There is a REASON that the rich ones defy the conventional wisdom of their parents and chose a military lifestyle; and its not so they can reap the huge military benefits and not go to the fight...

In order to stay on topic, though, I think Yul does reak (for lack of a better word) of high quality prep-school education and first class post-secondary schooling as well. Noticing the water polo team was a very astute observation, Fishmonkey. I would agree that Yul appears to have come from money and his job-postings through-out his young adult life seem to show that maybe he has been groomed for bigger things along the way (DHS, etc etc). As far as the game of surivor goes, I still wonder what MB has up his sleeve with this guy -- the guy is a natural at this (smart as hell, build like a brick s*it house, speaks like a leader, non-offensive to all, camera-loves-him, on and on and on). This guy is almost a hand picked contestant killer. Why would MB put this kind of a person on his show without fearing that he might make is so boring as to be unwatchable? I think DRAMA is going to be Yul's middle name...
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

+ Reply to Thread