+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Yul - Cook Islands

Quote Originally Posted by Kali Kitsune;2183058;
    Yup! It would make everyone happy! Especially me!
    Include me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;2182909;
    I was also surprised that Sundra would vote for Yul since it was revealed that he offered the idol to Becky and not her. He blatantly lied to her about ever offering it to Becky too... either way, im so glad Yul won, he totally deserves it, he even managed to convince his people to let the idol stay in play, that speaks volumes.
    IIRC, Yul never lied...Sundra asked him if Becky had asked for the idol, and he said "no". That wasn't a lie, because she never asked him. He offered it to her.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Exactly! You just beat me to it!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I was going to say that too!

Anyway, Congrads to Yul!

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64;2182244;
    The college story looked like bunk as soon as he said it. There are scholarships, grants, student loans etc. for someone that really wants to go to college. Where there's a will there's a way
    Ozzie said he wanted to be able to go to college without worrying about having to pay back tons of loans later on. There's more than one thing you can do with a million dollars. It doesn't have to be just this or just that.
    Last edited by superfly; 12-19-2006 at 04:54 PM.

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by superfly;2183125;
    Ozzie said he wanted to be able to go to college without worrying about having to pay back tons of loans later on. There's more than one thing you can do with a million dollars. It doesn't have to be just this or just that.
    There are also ways to go to college without taking out huge loans, like grants and scholarships. Also you can go to college with 2nd place money of $100,000. I agree there are lots you can do with the money. He gave a sob story and a very lame one at that to win votes. if your going to angle for the sympathy vote by answering how you'll use the money, make it a good one that people might actually buy. The college thing and making the world a better place comment was such an obvious crock...he forgot to add he wants World peace!

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64;2183134;
    There are also ways to go to college without taking out huge loans, like grants and scholarships. Also you can go to college with 2nd place money of $100,000. I agree there are lots you can do with the money. He gave a sob story and a very lame one at that to win votes. if your going to angle for the sympathy vote by answering how you'll use the money, make it a good one that people might actually buy. The college thing and making the world a better place comment was such an obvious crock...he forgot to add he wants World peace!
    Jonathan was the one who asked how the money would make him a "better person" & how Ozzy would use it to "change his (Jonathan's) world & Ozzy's world". The question was a bull***t question to begin with.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;2183135;
    Jonathan was the one who asked how the money would make him a "better person" & how Ozzy would use it to "change his (Jonathan's) world & Ozzy's world". The question was a bull***t question to begin with.
    Yeah. I would answer "why would I make your world better, you lost sucker"

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by holly71;2183135;

it was but the point is to sway people to vote for you by either giving a convincing sob story or something that sounds really really good. His answer was niether. He wasn't changing jonathan's mind but the entire jury would be hearing his answer. The question was b*******, the answer was b******* as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64;2183140;
    it was but the point is to sway people to vote for you by either giving a convincing sob story or something that sounds really really good. His answer was niether. He wasn't changing jonathan's mind but the entire jury would be hearing his answer. The question was b*******, the answer was b******* as well.
    Jonathan couldn't stand Ozzy, he made that obvious with his statements prior to even asking his question. it wouldn't have mattered how he answered that question, there was no way Jonathan was going to give Ozzy his vote.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread