+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Yul - Cook Islands

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64;2182353;
    I don't blame him for piling the BS up to try and get sympathy votes, it was a lame reason and lie though. I'm not thinking "Oh I'll give him my vote so he can get an education" I am thinking "fill out a grant application, loan or scholarship papers". If your gonna lie, make it a good one-not one that is easily transparent within seconds
    I thought that was so bs too when I heard it...and after reading about him being in adult oriented material...I totally call bs on it.

I was also surprised that Sundra would vote for Yul since it was revealed that he offered the idol to Becky and not her. He blatantly lied to her about ever offering it to Becky too... either way, im so glad Yul won, he totally deserves it, he even managed to convince his people to let the idol stay in play, that speaks volumes.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrappymom;2182889;
    Yul appeared VERY interested in hearing Becky's response to Jeff question about any possibilities of a romance between her and Yul. I think he was definitely interested in her.
    Yeah, about Becky's answer...I see 3 options here...she's a lesbian, she knows he's gay, or, and this gets my vote, she's lying. It NEVER crossed her mind?? Come on, girl, get real. 39 days you are on the same tribe with Yul and his 6 pack, brains, education, Korean-American parent making happy background, and super responsible/ethical personna and you NEVER once contemplated him as relationship material?? What on earth are you looking for in a man? Does he have no sense of humor?
    Now, assuming we dismiss the first 2 options above, and assume she's lying, I can see good reasons for that...she doesn't want to look eager (the coy "Rules" thing), she has some dignity, she doesn't want to start a relationship on a TV show finale, she values her privacy, and his, and on and on. Or maybe she's decided that tempting as it is, he's not for her... maybe too old school in his male/female relationship values, or maybe just too highminded to be someone to live with 24/7, for the rest of your life, and she sees no reason to get into all that and embarass him on national TV. Or maybe she knows he's not interested in her from whatever vibes she got from day to day living with him, and sees no reason to humiliate herself. But, never crossed her mind? Yeah, right.

FORT Newbie
    Well one thing we know for sure is Yul is definitely not gay. There were quotes from his former girlfriend in his hometown newspaper interview. He is very well-spoken but he is far from gay. I doubt Becky is kind of person who throws herself at a man on national TV like Candice. I am sure both of them want their privacy even if there is something going on.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2182922;
    Yeah, about Becky's answer...I see 3 options here...she's a lesbian, she knows he's gay, or, and this gets my vote, she's lying. It NEVER crossed her mind?? Come on, girl, get real. 39 days you are on the same tribe with Yul and his 6 pack, brains, education, Korean-American parent making happy background, and super responsible/ethical personna and you NEVER once contemplated him as relationship material?? What on earth are you looking for in a man? Does he have no sense of humor?
    Now, assuming we dismiss the first 2 options above, and assume she's lying, I can see good reasons for that...she doesn't want to look eager (the coy "Rules" thing), she has some dignity, she doesn't want to start a relationship on a TV show finale, she values her privacy, and his, and on and on. Or maybe she's decided that tempting as it is, he's not for her... maybe too old school in his male/female relationship values, or maybe just too highminded to be someone to live with 24/7, for the rest of your life, and she sees no reason to get into all that and embarass him on national TV. Or maybe she knows he's not interested in her from whatever vibes she got from day to day living with him, and sees no reason to humiliate herself. But, never crossed her mind? Yeah, right.
    Or possibly she thinks she's not good enough for him. I also think Becky is lying to, uh, not get embarrassed. Apparently she has not looked at the face Yul gave when she said that, he looked crushed!

FORT Regular
    Actually i do believe Becky consider Yul not her type. Korean woman and men tend to marry caucasian people.

Just a thought, thats just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappymom;2182889;
    Yul appeared VERY interested in hearing Becky's response to Jeff question about any possibilities of a romance between her and Yul. I think he was definitely interested in her.
    I noticed this too! I think Becky's reply was in the context of the show so who knows what will happen after. But Yul also said that its more of "brother-sister thing" which I actually dont buy LOL

he offered the idol to Becky and not her.
    Sundra actually said in her interview that she would have been surprised if Yul didnt offer it to Becky. She expected it knowing how close Yul and Becky are.

I am so glad to know that the Aitu 4 have stayed loyal to each other and have found lifelong friends in each other.

Yeah, about Becky's answer...I see 3 options here...she's a lesbian, she knows he's gay, or, and this gets my vote, she's lying.
    I think the 3rd one too or more of protecting each other. In her interviews, she really has so much respect for him and holds him in such a high regard and I think it goes both ways.

Necrom I think Koreans are really traditional when it comes to marriage. For a bigtime korean drama watcher than I am I have seen a lot of these. Sure there are those who are exceptions to the rule, we dont know if Yul and/or Becky falls under that.
    Last edited by rainysummer; 12-19-2006 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2182922;
    I found Becky fairly likable, so I'll go with your option 3, a combination of (b) dignity and (c) doesn't want a public relationship. And I found Yul very likable indeed and would venture to guess that 3(b) and (c) might be his reasons as well.

But yeah, "never" crossed her mind? Hell, I wouldn't even care if he didn't have a sense of humour.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

The Next Lost Housewives fayewong's Avatar
    yul won!
    didn't expect ozzy to lie about his collegue education.

FORT Regular
    True Rainysummer most koreans stick to traditional marriages with some exceptions.

Also Becky and Yul are well-educated, similiar goals in mind helping others within the community and beyond. They are perfect match, I am pretty sure both korean families would like to see Becky and Yul dating etc...

Yup! It would make everyone happy! Especially me!

+ Reply to Thread