+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Yul - Cook Islands

FORT Regular
    Ya Yul was putting the target on Ozzy back for winning all those challenges so other people would focus on Ozzy instead of him.

When i first seen the final council i had a feeling Ozzy was lying about the college thing. And i am glad i was right about that.

Anyway great job Yul.

Ozzy great job also and all the Aitus that made it to the final 4. This been a great season.

Did anyone watch the Early Show? Julie Chen was asking him where does Survivor rank compared to all of his other accomplishments, which include being high school valedictorian.
    Last edited by dagwood; 12-18-2006 at 09:31 PM. Reason: edit out You Tube reference

Quote Originally Posted by Necrom;2182233;
    When i first seen the final council i had a feeling Ozzy was lying about the college thing. And i am glad i was right about that.
    I had that same feeling because the hesistation in his voice and he sort of cast his eyes downward when he said it appeared to me as if the idea of him going to college was an afterthought. As if he really wasn't serious about it but had to say it because it sounded "respectfully-intelligent-and-the-right-thing-to-do-and-say" since Yul made his "intelligent" speeches.

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by WCHusky;2182222;
    Ozzy was good, but his college story had us going there for a sec. At least Yul was honest when he said he was trying to convince the jury when Candice asked the question. I am glad Yul won because he did the way the game should be played. He made moves that made sense. Survivor should not be just about winning every single physical challenge cause if that's the case, old men and women need not apply. Yul used a combination of brawn and brain to win the game. All the headlines that said brain over brawn is not accurate at all. All one needs to look at Yul and Ozzy and can see who is the one with the "brawn".
    The college story looked like bunk as soon as he said it. There are scholarships, grants, student loans etc. for someone that really wants to go to college. Where there's a will there's a way

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady64;2182244;
    The college story looked like bunk as soon as he said it. There are scholarships, grants, student loans etc. for someone that really wants to go to college. Where there's a will there's a way
    Exactly. I paid for my own college degree with jobs, scholarships and loans. He could have done it if he wanted to so there is no excuse. I worked my ass off to get my undergraduate and my master's degree. Yul said his parents are not rich but he went to good schools. I am sure he did a ton to help pay for his own college education. I have a ton of respect for Yul because he won it fair and square and he also represented the Asian community in a positive way.

I also did not realize how close Yul was with Sandra when all the camera ever did was focusing on Yul and Becky. I read another interview where Sandra said Yul was a saint and she knew Yul would use the money for others. BTW, Sandra voted for Yul and she said now Yul is her lifelong friend and Yul already been to her house. Anyway, I am glad some genuine human relationships are borne out of Survivor.

I wish Adam would have won I don't like Yul.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonator;2182252;
    I wish Adam would have won I don't like Yul.
    Thats fine and you certainly can have your choice. Adam, however, did not do anything to deserve to win. Adam was terrible in all the challenges except for the math one. Adam did not have any strategies other than sticking with his original tribe. As the game changed, Adam did not do anything differently so he did not deserve to win.

FORT Fanatic
    I thought Adam came off horribly in the final episode - even worse than he had on the show. I'm happy that he kept his word and voted for Yul, but I think that was his one and only redeeming act. Maybe it's because Adam was so close to the end and was still bitter for the finale, while earlier-exiting jury members had calmed down a bit, but Adam just seemed so pointlessly angry.
    Sigh. I call him George, cause he's my best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by WCHusky;2182250;
    Exactly. I paid for my own college degree with jobs, scholarships and loans. He could have done it if he wanted to so there is no excuse. I worked my ass off to get my undergraduate and my master's degree. Yul said his parents are not rich but he went to good schools. I am sure he did a ton to help pay for his own college education. I have a ton of respect for Yul because he won it fair and square and he also represented the Asian community in a positive way.

I also did not realize how close Yul was with Sandra when all the camera ever did was focusing on Yul and Becky. I read another interview where Sandra said Yul was a saint and she knew Yul would use the money for others. BTW, Sandra voted for Yul and she said now Yul is her lifelong friend and Yul already been to her house. Anyway, I am glad some genuine human relationships are borne out of Survivor.
    I hear you guys on this. My undergrad was paid for by me using loans and I'm currently working on my master's degree, also paid by myself through loans. I'm FAR from wealthy and my son who will be graduating in a couple of years will be going to one of the nations best schools in engineering. Just as you said, where there's a will, there's a way REGARDLESS of your background!

Yul visited Sundra's home?? Hm... not trying to start rumors or anything but, it would be so cool if they had something going on.... !

FORT Regular
    Sundra has a crush on him its obvious at the Final Tribal Council. They way she said his name etc...

+ Reply to Thread