+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Yul - Cook Islands

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64;2177603;
    What I got from the insider transcripts was Yul's strategy was that he had to get rid of Jonathan at some point. he had no inetention of letting him get in the F4 at the very least. That it would appease Perverti and Adam or appear that he did it for them was just a side bonus. He killed 2 birds-when this opportunity arose he grabbed it. He was also trying to angle it that Jonathan would feel he had himself to blame from his past behaviour/actions and that the group consensus was not looking good. he managed to deflect any blame from Jonathan to a minimum. Not that jon would hold a grudge, he's too rational a player and knows this is a game no matter how he went out.

Will A and P follow through on their promise? Who knows but it can't hurt that they know think Yul changed his plans (when he didn't) and did it for them. Will they honor it? Yul was planning on getting rid of Jonathan, Perverti and Adumb anyway. Make the landing a little easier for A and P by appearing to agree to do what they asked. If he wasn't going to get their vote no matter what he did, he didn't lose a thing by trying-in reality he didn't alter his plans for them it just looks like he didin their eyes

Just from that logic alone, Yul should win the million!

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by rainysummer;2176874;
    This is the reason why I think it wasnt such a bad strategy to vote off Jonathan. The longer Jonathan stays, the greater liability he becomes to anyone come jury time. I think Adam and Parvati would even vote for Yul because at least they got to stay longer than Jonathan did. For some reasons Jonathan has this target on his back that everyone else is after him.
    Mark my words: By voting out Jonathon, Yul cost himself 1 million dollars.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

FORT Regular
    Ya i hope Yul wins. But with the emotional Raro members who knows. I have a strange feeling Ozzy will win tho. Ughh....

And these challenges is favoring Ozzy cause hes a surfer, gymnast also camped 4 months with a compass etc...

Its getting boring.

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrom;2179311;
    And these challenges is favoring Ozzy cause hes a surfer, gymnast also camped 4 months with a compass etc...

Its getting boring.
    I am of the belief that the Survivor producers manipulate the outcome of these games by tailoring challenges towards the character they favor at any moment. I think it is part of their way to create drama by 'tilting' the stage one way or another. I doubt that this is a very controversial opinion in this crowd...

With all that said, I can't help but notice and comment on the fact that the nature of the challenges chosen give so much advantage to Ozzy that it is almost transparent. Never before in the history of Survivor can I recall such an environment. The producers seem to really want to see him stick around...
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by CEO;2179468;
    I am of the belief that the Survivor producers manipulate the outcome of these games by tailoring challenges towards the character they favor at any moment. I think it is part of their way to create drama by 'tilting' the stage one way or another. I doubt that this is a very controversial opinion in this crowd...

With all that said, I can't help but notice and comment on the fact that the nature of the challenges chosen give so much advantage to Ozzy that it is almost transparent. Never before in the history of Survivor can I recall such an environment. The producers seem to really want to see him stick around...
    Funny, because I've noticed the same thing--that all of the challenges are physical, rather than mental, and, therefore, designed to favor Ozzy. And if it really is by desogn, it would make sense, because, without Ozzy, it would be Yul skating to the finals with the 2 silent girls and Adum (and that would be too boring, and it's already boring enough, as it is, without Jonathan.)

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Messalina;2179492;
    Funny, because I've noticed the same thing--that all of the challenges are physical, rather than mental, and, therefore, designed to favor Ozzy...
    It's not even that they are physical tasks -- there are several people left who have physical power and who could make a game out of it, but they are all beach-water-swimming tasks. Everything has 'go as fast as you can in this water' built into it (even that mud task if you want to get technical). Where are the brute force, 'know your neighbors', or 'don't let go' tasks that have been used in the past to keep things 'real'? It is TRANSPARENT!

SIDEBAR: I have always really like the tasks that had something to do with carrying a moderate amount of weight or staying in uncomfortable positions for long periods of time. Those tasks never have a single element that is about strength or skill -- you don't have to be strong to carry 35 pounds and you don't have to have speed or talent to stand on a 4-inch post for 12 hours. All you have to do is be the one who wants it the most. Remember the tasks where JP coaxed players into quitting with a plate of cookies or a spoonful of peanut butter? It is all about who wants to be in the game and who thinks they have nothing to worry about. People like Sundra have more than a chance -- if they are the ones who are never gonna quit because they WANT to BE there, they they are the ones who use the power of their will to win the immunity. The fact that these tasks have been absent this year is utterly and completely TRANSPARENT!
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by CEO;2179498;
    It's not even that they are physical tasks -- there are several people left who have physical power and who could make a game out of it, but they are all beach-water-swimming tasks. Everything has 'go as fast as you can in this water' built into it (even that mud task if you want to get technical). Where are the brute force, 'know your neighbors', or 'don't let go' tasks that have been used in the past to keep things 'real'? It is TRANSPARENT!

SIDEBAR: I have always really like the tasks that had something to do with carrying a moderate amount of weight or staying in uncomfortable positions for long periods of time. Those tasks never have a single element that is about strength or skill -- you don't have to be strong to carry 35 pounds and you don't have to have speed or talent to stand on a 4-inch post for 12 hours. All you have to do is be the one who wants it the most. Remember the tasks where JP coaxed players into quitting with a plate of cookies or a spoonful of peanut butter? It is all about who wants to be in the game and who thinks they have nothing to worry about. People like Sundra have more than a chance -- if they are the ones who are never gonna quit because they WANT to BE there, they they are the ones who use the power of their will to win the immunity. The fact that these tasks have been absent this year is utterly and completely TRANSPARENT!
    Yes, I agree, and when I said "physical," I meant physical as opposed to mental (not necessarily that physical, in this case, means having anything to do with physical strength.) Ozzy excels at anything that involves water, balance, speed, and endurance, and the challenges all seem to be geared that way. (AND, to top it off, I think that Ozzy also wants it VERY badly.) But the fact that many of the other type of challenges that you mention really ARE absent this year is very telling.

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by CEO;2179498;

I totally agree. Where's the pecking order challenge or the one that's about facts on the location that involves puzzles? or even the dumb luck ones--slide a hockey puck on a board like they had in Vanuatu (i think it was vanuatu).Then there's the shared individual reward challenge. To the best of my recollection of 13 seasons, a reward challenge that was shared, the winner ALAWYS picked who would go with him-which reveals alot to all. Since when to the have 2nd and 3rd go instead of picking? Does anyone recall any such instances over the years?

They do have to have these challenges preplanned and ready to go but they've also made no secret that they plan alternative chllenges as well that they can swap out at any tim for "whatever reason". it is very transparent.

I'm glad Yul won. He was my pick ever since he found the immunity idol. I didn't have a favorite in the beginning until he found that idol. I don't know why that made me like him though.

Quote Originally Posted by CEO;2178730;
    Mark my words: By voting out Jonathon, Yul cost himself 1 million dollars.
    Just marking your words, as requested.

+ Reply to Thread