+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Yul - Cook Islands

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Good point, Shady! When, WHEN, will I learn not to trust those wiley editors!

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2166791;
    Good point, Shady! When, WHEN, will I learn not to trust those wiley editors!
    It doesn't mean they are doing that but it doesn't mean they aren't either, it's a good possibility. Survivor has never been a "what you see is what you get". There are sharp eyed viewer ever season that pick up the editing manipulation. I think it was Darrah in PI early episode showing her wearing a bikini--3 episodes later she won the reward of her clothes and that very same bikini. Obviously they insert a reflection shot, reaction or even conversation replies from any point in time as long as it fits the impression they want the viewer to have of a certain player or event. There have been times on the series when they aren't even wearing the same clothes throughout the conversation.

About Yul ... he is playing one heck of a game theory type of strategy that I have a hard time "getting" sometime as I am a pea-brain compared to him.

He's a rare one and very, very disiplined as it must be extremely difficult to stay so focused. The way he decided to use the HII was innovative and game changing, and he also identified the players who were capable of playing at his level early on ... Becky, Jon and Candace ... but the latter lost her way and her choice leaves her with nothing. He's kind of scary actually.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fan
    What happen to Yul's eyeglasses? havent seen it for a while. Anyway, look at this eyeglass photo from mail award challange. That is so funny.
    i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/AMAIslands/Survivor13/Yulxray.jpg

They doesnt allow me to post images cause im new. Cut and paste url in your browser.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    "Big Sexy" is working those glasses, isn't he?? Thank goodness the years pass!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

CEO
    Yul just blinked. He made decisions this episode that could very well cost him a million dollars.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by CEO;2171719;
    Yul just blinked. He made decisions this episode that could very well cost him a million dollars.
    You could be right CEO .. but I think his flaw throughout has been trying to play it "by the book" and he's book smart alright and understands game theory. But he's overly analytical and puts things/people in these tedious little compartments in his mind. I think this limits his ability to think spontaneously and causes him to be a little too rigid and unable to react and think on his feet.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Leo
    Premium Member
    I disagree. The decision to boot Jonathan seemed like a very spontaneous, poorly thought out plan. If he really was rigid and unable to think on his feet, he would have stuck to the original plan - finish Raro, take out Jonathan at F5.

Yul is OK, but I think he is really over-rated on this board. He made one good strategic move & everyone hails him as a genius, when really it could have easily backfired right in his (& Aitu's) face.

Jonathan made some really dumb moves, but he really deserves a bit more credit for jumping back to Aitu, b/c he really could have screwed them over after Yul told him about the idol, but he didn't.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by holly71;2172984;
    Yul is OK, but I think he is really over-rated on this board. He made one good strategic move & everyone hails him as a genius, when really it could have easily backfired right in his (& Aitu's) face.

Jonathan made some really dumb moves, but he really deserves a bit more credit for jumping back to Aitu, b/c he really could have screwed them over after Yul told him about the idol, but he didn't.
    Jonathan had NO choice but to vote with Aitu to get rid of Nate. Everyone is saying he should have voted for Yul and then the idol would be used and Nate would still be out. But as Jonathan said, if he voted for Yul then he would have screwed all of Raro AND Aitu whereas voting for Nate would at least showed he was willing to align with Aitu again. Otherwise, Aitu would have voted for him next and he would have never made it this far.

+ Reply to Thread