+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poll at CBS.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64;2173407;
    I voted for Jonathan. Unlike the others (except for Yul) Jonathan did more than just one tactical thing. He did many things starting way back during the becky vote.
    I think Yul is the better strategist but I didn't vote for him because I expect him to win the whole shebang. The others had no kind of strategy or tactical things going for them at all. They either rode the wave of others or did things based on emotion and hit some dumb luck if it did work out. Adumb? Pavarti? Nate? They couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat
    I agree and that's why what looked to be the most dullest season of Survivor ever, became interesting and one of the best. Jonathan's been the 'star' of this season and it will likely become dull and predictible now. His decisions have affected the game more than anyone elses.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeDingo;2173905;
    If it's a pity-popularity vote, I'm all for it!

Honestly though, I haven't really seen any great tactical move. Raro voted off whoever was pissing them off at the moment (no tactics there, just immaturity) so they are automatically out. That leaves Aitu, only after the merge (because everybody voted off before the merge did dick all). So that leaves Jonathan, Candice, Yul, Becky, Sundra and Ozzy. Becky and Sundra are nothing more than clingers who do little to nothing in every aspect of the game. I don't think Ozzy had played an overly strategic game, either. When he was on the outs in the original Aitu he just kind of.. accepted it. Then the mutiny happened and he was suddenly with the in group (or.. the only group). He didn't really use strategy at all.

So that leaves Candice, Jonathan and Yul. Candice was cool at the beginning, then, after she mutinied, she started voting people out because she didn't like them.

So that leaves Jonathan and Yul, and I think they are both great. I have no problems with Yul but.. I just prefer Jonathan.

Vote for Jonathan!
    My point exactly. Through a process of elimination we arrive at the one who entertained us most, but that was all a set-up -- remember that Jeff Probst said that Jonathan was the one who always gave them usable footage !

Sundra and Becky may have been making lot's of tactical decisions, but they weren't fed to us. Ozzy's strategy if you will, may have been playing all the angles ad hoc as provider, worker, instigator, challenge contributor, under the radar, etc. A case could be made for him strategically making many spontaneous, tactical decisons throughout the game !

I also think everyone sees Jon as having jumped to Aitu ( back from Raro) as Jon's strategic/tactical decision, when Yul actually set that in motion not Jon and Jon really had no choice. And his mutiny following Candice was the WORST decision -- one even he regrets.

Additionally, the timing of this poll is questionable, because Jonathan is on the skyline with his boot and media exposure. It gives him an unfair advantage with an unfair question. They should give all of the F6 ( and me ) a car !

Really, the bottom line is who's "best" tactical decision worked -- and Jonathan's out so his didn't.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Why don't we all just agree that Billy made the best tactical decisions in the game. He may be out, but at least he met the love of his life.

I voted for Yul, though Jonathan would be my second choice.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I voted for Sundra. I don't know why though.

And does anyone else find it weird that they're giving a car away? Cause I remember that GM (or some other car company that use to sponser Survivor) decided not to sponser Survivor this season because of the racial problems.

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2175642;

And does anyone else find it weird that they're giving a car away? Cause I remember that GM (or some other car company that use to sponser Survivor) decided not to sponser Survivor this season because of the racial problems.

They gave a car away last season in a poll (Cerie won). There haven't been ANY sponsors this season. No crappy reward from Pringle's or instant coffee. I like that there aren't any sponsors, they always hawk the dumbest stuff trying to tie it into a reward.

I don't think anyone REALLY deserves it.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64;2175720;
    They gave a car away last season in a poll (Cerie won). There haven't been ANY sponsors this season. No crappy reward from Pringle's or instant coffee. I like that there aren't any sponsors, they always hawk the dumbest stuff trying to tie it into a reward.
    Ugh. Wasn't it a few seasons ago that they had mai tais and potato chips as a reward? Bleah.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2175642;

They SAID they'd decided to not sponsor it any more way before that, that they just announced it coincidentally when the ethnic tribes were announced...who knows. And speaking of that, except for the current Korean bond of Becky and Yul (which really is ethnicity, not race), that certainly doesn't seem to be playing a role in people's thinking at this point. The 2nd shifting of the teams... Raro vs. Aitu ... seems to be much more important.
    Well, enough threadjack... I'm leaning towards Jonathan...even an actor who works a lot as a 2nd banana probably could use a new car.

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;2175823;
    Ugh. Wasn't it a few seasons ago that they had mai tais and potato chips as a reward? Bleah.
    Palau Pringles and Mai Tais-at jellyfish lake I think. Your starving and all they give you is crappy processed potato chips

Gaut was the folgers instant coffee and wasn't it "outhouse bulding" by Home Depot in Palau also? That's kind of insulting to have your product associated with a homemade outhouse

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast