+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Survivor 14 to be Set in Fiji

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Survivor 14 to be Set in Fiji

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/bulletins/rnzi/200610121228/american_television_series_sur vivor_heads_to_fiji

American television series Survivor heads to Fiji
    Posted at 12:28pm on 12 Oct 2006

The economy of Fiji's depressed northern division is expected to get a boost when production of the American television series, Survivor, begins there next week.

The chairman of the Fiji Audio Visual Commission, Joe Mar, says this is the first major project under the government's Look North policy aimed at encouraging development in Vanua Levu.

Mr Mar says the Commission has spent considerable resources to attract this major TV series to Fiji and to persuade it to film in the north.

The Fiji government has a generous tax rebate scheme to attract and subsidise overseas film production in the country.
    Looks like Survivor is headed back to the Pacific again. Question, has Survivor been given the go ahead through 14? Both Burnett and Probst seem to be a cross roads with trying to keep the show new and fresh and have more or less admitted they're out of ideas. I'm just wondering if we could be seeing the end of Survivor in the future. My guess is filming probably just started; I know past Survivors who have filmed this time of year are there through Thanksgiving and back home around the first week in December.

Anyone knows how many more seasons there will be for Survivor?
    M i r a c l e

I hope they continue with the show, but it might be time to cut back to once a year.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2124551;
    I hope they continue with the show, but it might be time to cut back to once a year.
    I agree. One season a year might make people look forward to it a little more...before it gets too stale.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Reality Fanatic
    Put them in a cold climate and let them survive, that would be changing it up and offer a lot of new competitions. Of course, then they'd be too overdressed for Survivor

Waiting for my fairytale! FumaLover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowluver;2129217;
    Put them in a cold climate and let them survive, that would be changing it up and offer a lot of new competitions. Of course, then they'd be too overdressed for Survivor
    I read the first sentence of your post and immediately thought that they wouldn't do that since it would cut down on the skimpy clothes, and then read the rest and saw you thought the same thing
    I reject your reality and substitute my own! - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Reality Fanatic
    Great minds!!

Sad but true, that's exactly why they'll never do it.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowluver;2129343;
    Great minds!!

Sad but true, that's exactly why they'll never do it.
    The thing is, if they set it in the Rockies say, in Canada or Washington maybe, in September, the days would still be plenty hot for the skimpy clothes, but the nights could get darn cold. Definitely too cold for just the palm frond shelters they have now, and it would certainly add a new interesting angle to the game.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I use these shows to decide what warm spots I might want to visit...too many bugs, too much humidity, out! So far Cook Islands stacking up well, especially compared to the Panama related sites. Wonder how Fiji will do?

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowluver;2129217;
    Oh yeah! I have always wanted to see something like that. Can't imagine reality tv without Survivor...the show paved the way for a start to a huge industry in reality shows.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast