+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GM Withdraws CBS' 'Survivor' Sponsorship

From the article quoted above:

The mass exodus was led by General Motors Corp., which stayed with "Survivor" for 12 seasons and was its largest sponsor last year, spending some $20 million on the program. Spokeswoman Ryndee Carney said it wasn't due to the format, but the reason she gave wasn't a ringing endorsement for a program showing signs of wear. "We're more interested in integrating our vehicles into the storylines of TV shows or film," she said. "We just ran out of ways to do that given the format of the show being set on an island." GM's pullout was first reported by TVWeek.com.
    Wait just a minute ! A GM car was just awarded as a prize for the winner of the 2nd part of a competition on Big Brother All Stars ! Um ... they had it hanging from the ceiling during the competion ... with smoke and lasers ! So they can't get it to an island ... and hanging from the ceiling is a good way to integrate their vehicles into story lines ? What hogwash !
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    From the article quoted above:

Wait just a minute ! A GM car was just awarded as a prize for the winner of the 2nd part of a competition on Big Brother All Stars ! Um ... they had it hanging from the ceiling during the competion ... with smoke and lasers ! So they can't get it to an island ... and hanging from the ceiling is a good way to integrate their vehicles into story lines ? What hogwash !
    But that decision and commitment (for BB, I mean) had to have been made long ago.

I am glad to see the list, btw. It's part of my every day decision making regarding spending not to support things that where my personal philosophy is in opposition to the entity that's going to get my money. I've already stated a few times here that I was not planning on watching this season, but that's only voting with my remote. I had also planned to research who is sponsoring the program, and not purchasing from them, or their conglomerates. (It's not always possible to be thorough in this effort, but I do make the effort, again, as a matter of course. So, making the effort in this case isn't out of my usual habits).
    Last edited by MissThing; 09-08-2006 at 08:09 PM.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by MissThing View Post
    But that decision and commitment (for BB, I mean) had to have been made long ago.

I am glad to see the list, btw. It's part of my every day decision making regarding spending not to support things that where my personal philosophy is in opposition to the entity that's going to get my money. I've already stated a few times here that I was not planning on watching this season, but that's only voting with my remote. I had also planned to research who is sponsoring the program, and not purchasing from them, or their conglomerates. (It's not always possible to be thorough in this effort, but I do make the effort, again, as a matter of course. So, making the effort in this case isn't out of my usual habits).
    I can't say I will or will not watch Survivor this year, but I do know I'm not as excited about it as I have been in past years and that's due largely to this format. If there is something more interesting on, or if I have something better to do, you can bet I'll miss Survivor and not feel bad about it.

Next thing you know, they'll have a tribe of short people vs tall people, one armed people vs one legged people, you get what I mean.

Any time people are divided by race, for whatever purpose, all we do is draw attention to the fact that there are people who form opinions of others based on their race. It would be nice to live in a world where instead of seeing someone as an Asian or an Asian-American, we embrace the person they are as a product of their heritage and life experiences and stop labelling each other.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123