+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: "Cao Boi" - Cook Islands

Quote Originally Posted by Aota Bass View Post
    I hope he's not another overwhelming fan favorite that I find annoying... I'll hold off on judgment...

That's EXACTLY how I feel about him after last night's premier. A bit over the top. Not loving him. But not exactly hating him either.

FP
    FP

Quote Originally Posted by holly71 View Post
    So far I like him. He's very entertaining & very interesting. His tribe needs to get a sense of humor & try to get to know him. They could learn a lot, I am sure.
    I totally agree! I love Cao Boi and I think he's very interesting (especially that curing headaches thing - where is he when I need him? lol). Judging from his bio, he is VERY intelligent and seems well-rounded, and he is very funny (what a smile!).

Unfortunately, he does not seem to be fitting in well with his tribe (they need to lighten up a little, I think), which hopefully will change if given the time needed (i.e. they don't lose the next immunity challenge & have to go to tribal counsel). I really hope he gets to stick around - he is awesome!

On another note...Yul and Brad are HOT!! lol

Yes he does seem to be an interesting fellow. Seems like he has overcome alot in life. That should help him in the game.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Aota Bass View Post
    Really????? I'm so surprised how positive everyone is being.

I agree it's nice to see some variance in age, and that he's memorable and will definitely lead to some entertaining moments. I'll even admit there's something likable and endearing about how genuine he is.

But he is definitely a socially awkward player- he's not picking up on the fact that his tribemates don't find Asian stereotypes funny at all (nor do i), and want to downplay race. They made it pretty obvious he was grating on their nerves with racist jokes, yet he kept going. That's neither a likable trait nor smart survivor strategy. If they keep the tribes segregated and his goes to council, he's definitely out, headache cures or no. It's like Wanda (Palau) and Peter (Marquesas)- the social misfits/kooks don't last long in the game unless they have both incredible luck and strong alliances (Courtney in Exile Island), and Cao Boi can count out the alliances, as the tribe seems to be bonding really well without him.
    For me it is not his age at all, it is his interest level. He could be 20 and if he was able to experience some of the same things, he would still be interesting. I think we categorize people on reality by age and looks too much, and need to look past that to their level of interest.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    I don't like anyone else on his tribe but I found Cowboy to be pretty entertaining last night. I hope he's around for awhile.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I think he's pretty interesting. I look forward to watching him and his tribe.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
    I think he's great. When I watched him take away his tribemate's headache I was thinking - I need that guy around my house when one of my headaches hit!!! It would be worth the forehead hickey!!
    Hey Sis!

Hee. When I saw him do his headache magic, I was thiking the same thing - you need this dude in Alaska.

He's my early favorite. He's unique and interesting as hell. And sheesh, his tribemates need to loosen up a bit. Maybe he has some secret magic tonic that will help them find their 'happy place'.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Ok so get this. As the b/f and I were watching him take away the bad wind, my b/f decides to do the technique on himself....he had the red mark in between his eyes!! ROFL!
    Yup, with donuts!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    As someone whose VCR flaked out last night (speaking of headaches!), can I ask somebody to describe the headache technique? What? He put a tube against the head and "sucked " it out? That's all that I can think of that would lead to a hickey type mark.... Thanks!

He used his hands/fingers to pull the skin and take the bad wind out as he stated. It was massage type thing, but it worked apparently!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread