+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: "Cao Boi" - Cook Islands

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2128539;
    Looks like people feel threatened by people with personality. I guess they want their groups to be as boring as they are.
    I think it has more to do with them being loose cannons. They can't really be trusted because you don't know how they'll vote. Paranoid and wishy-washy doesn't make for a good alliance member.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by realityfan25;2128306;
    i agree, thats why i quit watching. i think cbs has a big impact. they arent casting enough characters it seems. look how quick the muslims and indians teams left tar, and made sure i wouldnt watch it.
    So muslims and indians are the only ones they could cast as characters? Or Vietnamese refugees? There are plenty of characters on both TAR and Survivor. It certainly doesn't depend on ethnicity. The Vietnamese refugee may have been a character, but he sure wasn't a likeable character. He drove everyone crazy because he was so weird. I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did when they had to live with him in such close quarters on a small island.

FORT Fogey
    no, im not saying they have to be muslims and indians. just people who seem to stand out from the rest and arent all about pleasing the guys or being arrogant and full of themselves as what we are seeing. i was rooting for steph but she left early. she had a great personality, and in a way i even liked jessica because she was on cao boi's side and hated jonathan. i also liked ciree from last season, and margaret from the season before last, too bad she didnt stay long enough to show how good she could have been.

'Cao Boi' hoofs it back to 'Survivor'

The Christiansburg contestant will appear on the reality show's finale. He may not have won, but he was still "the star of the show."

Anh-Tuan "Cao Boi" Bui -- the sixth (and most colorful) person voted off "Survivor: Cook Islands" -- will once again appear on national television when the live "Survivor" finale airs Sunday at 8 p.m. on CBS.

And Bui will be just a bit more colorful than the last time viewers saw him. At a send-off celebration Thursday in Christiansburg, Bui sported a full-back tattoo of the Immunity Idol -- the coveted "Survivor" prize that he tried and failed to win.

Although he's not on the nine-person jury that will select "Survivor's" $1 million winner, there's no doubt the show's host, Jeff Probst, will give Bui some attention.

Bui said Probst called him last Sunday.

"Jeff said, 'Cao Boi, doesn't matter how long you were on the show -- you were the star of the show,' " Bui said Thursday before the 13th episode of the popular reality program.

With Parvati Shallow, the 24-year-old boxer from California, being the last person voted off the island, five contestants remain in the running. For the first time in the show's history, there will be three finalists instead of two at the final tribal council. Virginia Tech graduate Adam Gentry -- who has sported a Hokies hat on the show -- still has a chance.

Bui, who also attended Tech, isn't sure Gentry should flaunt his alma mater.

"We want to tell him to take it off," he said of Gentry's headpiece. "He's embarrassing us."

But Bui isn't predicting who the winner will be.

"I don't care," he said with his characteristically glowing grin. "I've got the immunity idol." Bui said he got the new tattoo after returning from the Cook Islands where the show was filmed last spring. He paid $650 in Australian dollars for the tat.

Although he left the show early, Bui is still getting applause. People stop him all the time on the street, he said, to say "You're that guy on 'Survivor!' "

"I'm still doing radio interviews outside the area, and I've been invited to speak at the Moose state convention," he said.

Bui has become a sort of ambassador for the Loyal Order of the Moose, an international fraternity that he drew attention to on the show. During his time on the island, he wore a green Moose T-shirt in support of the organization.

When he left, he left the shirt behind.

"Yul has been wearing the shirt on the show," Bui said, speaking of Yul Kwon, the 31-year-old management consultant who still has a good shot at winning. It's Kwon who found the real immunity idol early on.

Although his appearance Sunday will be his last on "Survivor: Cook Islands," Bui is hoping it won't mark his retirement from "Survivor."

"I haven't had enough of adventure yet," he said. "If they have 'All-Stars II,' I'll be there."

Next time, however, he says he'll play the game a little differently.

"I would have people earn their trust with me. I'd fly under the radar."

Although he will receive some money for his time on the show, Bui doesn't know how much it will be. Contestants are paid on a sliding scale based on how they place in the competition. CBS does not allow disclosure of the amount.

Bui said he hopes whoever walks away as a millionaire from "Survivor: Cook Islands" won't follow in the footsteps of Richard Hatch, the first "Survivor" winner. Known as the show's "fat, naked guy" for refusing to wear clothes, Hatch was sent to a federal prison in West Virginia in August courtesy of the Internal Revenue Service.

"Whoever wins, I hope them the best," Bui said. "Be sure they pay their taxes."
    Link

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: "Cao Boi" - Cook Islands

Yul, Cao Boi and Bobby Mason on the red carpet for the Fox Reality Awards...set to air 10/13/07

What's with Bobby doing a gang sign?
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

He's a cool, strange man.

This is where Fairplay got his teeth knocked out, yes?

A full-back tattoo of the immunity idol? How sad that this is the culmination of his life. Still deluded that he was the "star".

Quote Originally Posted by Adult Beverage;2598582;
    A full-back tattoo of the immunity idol? How sad that this is the culmination of his life. Still deluded that he was the "star".
    did I miss something?
    If your not the lead dog the scenery never changes

Tattoo:
    ...Bui sported a full-back tattoo of the Immunity Idol -- the coveted "Survivor" prize that he tried and failed to win.
    "I don't care," he said with his characteristically glowing grin. "I've got the immunity idol." Bui said he got the new tattoo after returning from the Cook Islands where the show was filmed last spring. He paid $650 in Australian dollars for the tat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112