+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Candice - Cook Islands

Candice - Cook Islands

Fayetteville
    Pre-med student

Candice Woodcock was born and raised in Fayetteville, North Carolina. She graduated from Terry Sanford High School where she was president of her class and captain of the soccer and cross country teams. She received a perfect score on the math portion of her SATs.

Woodcock won full merit scholarships to both the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and Duke University. She accepted the Morehead Scholarship to attend UNC-Chapel Hill and eventually received her Bachelor of Science Degree in biology and psychology with a minor in chemistry.

SURVIVOR: AFRICA inspired Woodcock to do service work in Africa. Following her freshman year of college, she spent 10 and a half weeks living in a mud hut with a tribal family in the western highlands of Kenya. She taught primary and secondary school in the village and designed her own service project where she ran a clinic that distributed over 700 pairs of eyeglasses that had been donated by parties in the United States. Inspired by her work in Kenya, Woodcock became the fundraising director and then executive director of Students for Students International, a completely student-run, non-profit organization at UNC-Chapel Hill that gives scholarships to students in Zimbabwe and Tanzania. Woodcock also spent a summer studying health care in Chile and Peru and another summer splitting her time between work at the Cancer Clinic at George Washington University Hospital and La Clinica del Pueblo, a free Latino clinic in Washington, D.C.

After graduation, Woodcock decided to take a year off before continuing her studies. She worked full-time for six months as an Assistant Director of Clinical Trials and as a Director of External Practice Development for an ophthalmology practice, and then part-time for the following six months. She has just begun graduate school at Georgetown University to attain a Master's Degree in physiology and biophysics. She then plans to attend medical school. She hopes to use her medical degree to do service work in developing countries and also in underserved areas of the U.S.

Woodcock enjoys spending time with her family and friends, working out, playing sports, being in the water and playing with her dog, Louis James.

Woodcock currently resides in Washington, D.C. Her birth date is November 12, 1982

Favorites:

Colors: Green

Scents: Leap by the Body Shop

Flowers: Azalea, dogwood, magnolia

Board Games: Guess Who?, Cranium

Video Games: Super Mario Brothers 2, Hearts

Sports to Play: Watersports (water skiing, wakeboarding, wake surfing), flag football, indoor/outdoor soccer

Sports Teams: Tarheels

Outdoor Activities: Rock climbing, rafting, kayaking, camping, hiking, snow and water skiing

TV Shows: SURVIVOR, The Colbert Report, 24, The Office, Bob Ross: The Joy of Painting

Movies: Sin City, Crash, Armageddon, Capote, Scarface, The Goonies, The Princess Bride, The Notebook, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies, The Lion King, Finding Neverland

Actors: Bruce Willis, Johnny Depp, Clive Owen

Actresses: Rachel McAdams, Angelina Jolie

Music: 80s

Magazines: People, Newsweek, Us Weekly

Books/Authors: To Kill a Mockingbird

Cereals: Lucky Charms

Fruits: Peach, strawberry, banana

Snack Foods: SunChips

Cookies: Double Stuf Oreos

Candy Bars: Hershey's with almonds

Alcoholic Drinks: Redbull and vodka

Non-Alcoholic: No favorite
    Last edited by ShrinkingViolet; 09-12-2006 at 04:52 PM.

She has a huge heart, which could be to her detriment in a game like Survivor. However, her actual experiece living in primitive conditions could be beneficial. She's also pretty cute.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

She sounds like she could go far. She has some athletic background and lots of mental achievements.

Stargazer pegged this one. I would like to see her go far.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I can totally see her doing very well- she can probably get along with all types of people, and she's had real-life experience living in less than luxury. Of course, I also had pegged Tina as going to the final four last year...
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

You Dare Question Me? OrangeDingo's Avatar
    Call me soft, but I hope she goes far. Too often the people with an actual set of morals are given the boot. I did some international volunteer work recently too (nothing like Africa, though) so I kind of know what she has been through. So props to her.

I hope she goes very far, not sure if can be deceitful enough to win.

It looks like I'm going to have to root for the hometown again this year
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

I'm really ashamed of myself... I clicked on this link, saw the photo, and immediately thought, "Well, the producers obviously picked this one to be the eye candy for male viewers..." And then I read her bio. Wow... I'm a real schmuck. I hope she does really well...especially since I am sick and tired of seeing all these actors/actresses/Hollywood-wannabes that they've cast this time around.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by mom3 View Post
    I'm really ashamed of myself... I clicked on this link, saw the photo, and immediately thought, "Well, the producers obviously picked this one to be the eye candy for male viewers..." And then I read her bio. Wow... I'm a real schmuck. I hope she does really well...especially since I am sick and tired of seeing all these actors/actresses/Hollywood-wannabes that they've cast this time around.
    You and me both. Boy don't I feel like an idiot. Beauty, brains and compassion all rolled into one. Go Candice!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast