+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Candice - Cook Islands

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Not to be an intellectual snob, but does anyone see this relationship lasting beyond Survivor? Copier salesman vs. premed student working on her MS in biophysics...um, don't see it.
    Copier salesman is a step up from heavy metal rocker come social neophyte with attachment and acceptance issues...
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'll bet she was just as shocked as Jeff. Billy has 5 weeks at LoserLodge. I hope she isn't voted out for a while. ;^)

I wonder how Candice will react when she is told of Billy's confession at the last tribal council.
    She'll barf, regain her composure, continue playing the game.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Not to be an intellectual snob, but does anyone see this relationship lasting beyond Survivor? Copier salesman vs. premed student working on her MS in biophysics...um, don't see it.
    Copier salesman does not equal stupid; I don't see what difference it makes what the guy does for a living.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

boy, what does everyone havew against heavy metal?

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by maersk View Post
    boy, what does everyone havew against heavy metal?
    I LOVED it in the 80s.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    Copier salesman does not equal stupid; I don't see what difference it makes what the guy does for a living.
    Nope, it doesn't make him stupid, but it does make him unambitious in the ways she has been. She's a school smart committed do-gooder, he's selling copiers while working on his abs and probably hoping to be an actor/model (yes, I'm a little cynical about who signs up for Survivor these days). Unless he's got (secretly) the acting skills of Marlon Brando I don't see her admiring his choice of how he's spending his life...so I don't see any future for them in the "real" world. Nothing wrong with selling copiers, I love ours, couldn't "survive" without it, but my guess is she'd value his choice more if he were teaching at an inner city school, being a social worker, etc., or if he were a superintellectual, solving string theory... she's someone who does think it is important what work choices you make, judging by her own, that it does make a difference what the guy does for a living. I know not everyone feels that way--for most people all that matters is that the guy isn't a mooch and can support himself/family--but I'm guessing that for her it matters HOW he supports himself as well. Could be wrong tho--maybe all she really cares about is how good a wind shield he'll be in their old age.

I haven't liked her all season, but I'm pretty closer to detesting her at the moment.
    There seemed to be no logical reason to switch tribes, (it was a given Jeff would ask her why she switched if they went to TC and even she couldn't come up with a decent reason) so I can only conclude she did it because it'll be far easier to get off with Adam if they're in the same camp.
    I think she was pretty well-placed before the mutiny as she didn't appear to be an immediate target either for her own tribe or the opposition.
    I really hope her new tribe will finally be the ones to show some sense with regard to grubby little island romances and quickly break the smooching couple apart.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Man, and people had been calling Parvati a snake in grass! She was really pouring poison in Adam's ears about Jonathan...and as far as we know most, if not all, of it wasn't even true.

What fluff said.

I hope Nate gets rid of her. I think the romance thing (so over-the-top at that Tribal Council, and definately the reason for the Mutiny Twist) is not going to play well with him. And he is running the tribe.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

+ Reply to Thread