+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 4/6 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I don't understand the Tom/Terry comparisons. When did Terry say or give any indication that he was trying to be Tom? What's with thinking that Tom is smarter than Terry? Tom may understand people better, but I'm sure Terry is more intelligent. Terry needs to keep the HII for the gang-up-on-someone challenge that we all know and love(?).

Every season we talk about how annoyingly stupid it is that the contestants seem to have made no effort to prepare themselves for the show (ie: learn survival skills). Terry and Bruce seem to be the only two that were prepared and should be (if only grudgingly by some) given credit for that.

Cirie finally did something to make her at least temporarily likable. She pointed out at TC that Aras' RC strategy worked well for HIM, although he tried to pretend it was supposed to be good for the all women team too.

The only big mistake I attribute to Terry is hanging onto Dan's, "Space Ghost" dead weight too long.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk View Post
    I don't understand the Tom/Terry comparisons. When did Terry say or give any indication that he was trying to be Tom? What's with thinking that Tom is smarter than Terry? Tom may understand people better, but I'm sure Terry is more intelligent. Terry needs to keep the HII for the gang-up-on-someone challenge that we all know and love(?).

Every season we talk about how annoyingly stupid it is that the contestants seem to have made no effort to prepare themselves for the show (ie: learn survival skills). Terry and Bruce seem to be the only two that were prepared and should be (if only grudgingly by some) given credit for that.

Cirie finally did something to make her at least temporarily likable. She pointed out at TC that Aras' RC strategy worked well for HIM, although he tried to pretend it was supposed to be good for the all women team too.

The only big mistake I attribute to Terry is hanging onto Dan's, "Space Ghost" dead weight too long.
    The Gang-up-on-someone challenge just shows the pecking order and is usually a reward challenge, not an immunity challenge.So he doesnt need the idol for that..

I love Cirie...You can just see how she moved out of the cross hairs and into a leadership role almost..I mean..she broke up the Aras/Courtney fight and told Aras to go make fire with Shane..AND HE LISTENED...She is a force to be reckoned with..

My problem with Terry is his arrogance...sure a little is good...but alot just turns people against you...Probst put it best...these people have to choose to give you the million. Terry is turning all the Casayans against him and THEY have the majority on the jury...
    Never underestimate the power of a Ticked off Female...~~Jelani

FORT Fogey
    I was never impresssed with Tom. He stuck out like a sore thumb, and any other season he would have been gone long before the end. He just got lucky that he had some idiots who wanted to hand him the money (literally in Ian's case). Sure, he was a tough competitor, but in terms of the game of Survivor he sucked.

As much as I think Terry's playing this poorly, let's take some time to focus on Danielle. These guys basically handed you final four, where you would not be considered a threat. Why not take the deal? Unless Bruce really is so stupid that he believes he's safe on his tribe.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

This gives me hope the women's group is building.... Ditto Courtney wanting to keep Sally.
    Re who's in Shane's final 4--it was TERRY who suggested that final 4 to Shane, and bet Shane $20 they would be the final 4, not Shane. Shane just went along with it. I think it's very possible Shane's final 4 is still the original group. If he were to boot one of the girls for Cirie I'd think Courtney as it seems like he really can't stand her.
    If Sally gets immunity next time and they know Terry has the idol will they turn on themselves? Or vote for Terry to make him use the Idol and let Terry and Sally decide who goes home from their team? If this happened it would be great for a girls' team--Terry and Sally would vote out Aras or Shane, and Terry would be vulnerable next time he lost immunity. Then the women could target the 3 guys in rotation, Bruce last, whenever they lost immunity.
    Or if Terry wins immunity next week he could tell them he gave the idol to Sally. If they don't vote for Sally to make her use it he could tell her she can have it this one time, but then has to return it to him.
    This week wasn't all bad for Danielle--bet she has hopes of a Final 2 vote from Austin.
    One other option for next week... if neither Terry nor Sally has immunity, 3 votes for Terry, 3 for Sally, and 2 for "other".
    I missed the beginning of the segment when Terry was telling Sally about the idol. How did it come up? How did he open the subject? Thanks!
    Last edited by PWS; 04-07-2006 at 06:23 PM.

Terry is in trouble. If he doesn't use his personal immunity soon, he will be in a situation where the other group will be able to generate enough votes for 2 members of Terry's group that are each higher in number than anything Terry's group can put together. In other words, Shane and Co. will soon be able to make both the most number of votes and second most number of votes go to 2 members of Terry and Co. This will obviously make personal immunity much weaker than it could be now.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

Terry is ultimately going to end up in trouble, so will Sally. The winner will be a person from Casaya. I am so saaaaaddddd to see Austin go, I loved that dude. He was so cool. I am glad that he made the jury and I can still see him at the end of each episode. I just don't want Cirie to win. I like Danielle, Bruce is okay, Aras has got me a bit irritated too.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

Snoozin' on the beach
    They have the same type personalities; alpha male, leader, physically dominant. Other than that, the situations are different. Tom always had the numbers. He didn't go into the merge as the smaller tribe and have to scramble to save his team. He had the episode where he didn't have immunity but with his alliance numbers, a bit of bullying, coupled with some not so bright tribemates, he didn't have to wheel and deal like heck to save himself, just mediocre effort to get the target off .

I like both Tom and Terry. Neither is a strategic genius and both are powerhouses. Terry consciously imitating Tom? Of course he's not, they are just the same personality classification. There's alot of guys out there that fit into the exact same mold as these 2.

Personally, if it were ever Tom and Terry head to head, i'd bet on Terry.

Terry is stupid if he didn't give the idol to either Sally or Austin last episode. Now, they can just vote 3 for Sally and 3 for Terry if neither of them win the IC. One of them will need to win the IC for the idol to really have any effect.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaius View Post
    Terry is in trouble. If he doesn't use his personal immunity soon, he will be in a situation where the other group will be able to generate enough votes for 2 members of Terry's group that are each higher in number than anything Terry's group can put together. In other words, Shane and Co. will soon be able to make both the most number of votes and second most number of votes go to 2 members of Terry and Co. This will obviously make personal immunity much weaker than it could be now.
    Good point. I hadn't really considered that angle, but now that lamina has been decimated, that's yet one more concern. Assuming next week Terry doesn't win they could do 3-3-2.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Anyone notice that there are 3 older men, 1 young guy, 3 younger women and 1 older woman left. An interesting kind of symmetry.
    I noticed that too. It's kind of weird because in the very first episode, the younger women and older men were doing the best in the immunity challenge, and the majority of them left are from those two groups.
    I wonder if Danielle got the immunity idol and still voted Austin out? That would be interesting to see if she did. I mean why not.
    I agree with some other posts that said she most likely doesn't have the idol. Terry wouldn't give it to her if he didn't have any 100% solid evidence that she'd vote with them. I really think that Terry should have given the idol to Austin when he had the most votes. That way Aras would have gone and the numbers would be more even, and Terry would have had 2 other La Mina members instead of just Sallly now.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

+ Reply to Thread