+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 4/6 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    Well I'm going to stick up for Terry. The idol will save exactly one person. The necklace will save exactly one person. There was no way for Terry to save all 3 of the La Minas tonight. Their only hope is to flip some of the Casayas, and they've really been trying hard to do that, but the Casayas just aren't interested in boarding a sinking ship. Terry's in a good position to save Terry. If Austin wanted to save Austin, he should have tried harder.
    Okay, so maybe I have this all wrong. Terry didn't have to produce the idol until after the vote. He could have given it to Austin after seeing Austin would be the one sent packing. Austin gets the idol, Terry has the necklace, Sally wasn't targeted so Aras gets the boot, right?
    Last edited by karalott; 04-06-2006 at 09:42 PM.

But, he never indicated he'd give it to one of his friends, he maintained that they could use it (as a group) as a bargaining chip. Which they did, but to no avail.

Also, if he offered it to both Bruce and Danielle, he'd have lied to one of them, and they'd both know that, since he was physically going to present it to one and not the other. Plus, he felt he had an in with Bruce already (from the old guy's team), but he had nothing going with Danielle. And, Austin did a poor job of selling her on switching, imo.
    no he never promised austin/sally they could have the idol, but they expected him to give it to them.....i could have sworn austin said somehting like, "can i have it" and terry goes, "lets see what happens"

also, sally said in confessional, "if terry wins immunity maybe he'll slip me the idol"

bottom line, austin/sally expect him to give them that idol, and i can sorta see where they are coming from with terry's "we must stick together at all costs" talk....and when you willing give up you have the idol, you should know your "allies" are gonna ask to have it!

and tonight austin looked pretty smug, i think he thought he had it in the bag

and yes, terry does run the risk of getting bruce/danielle pissed at him if he lied about a final 2, but if you use the idol as a bargaining chip i think you have to lie! or else just keep on offering crap deals which NONE of them are taking.....i've never seen anyone have a harder time of tyring to get someone to switch or even plant doubt in someone's mind.....look at boston rob who offered everyone on his team final 2, with no intention of keeping that promise, the only person he ever planned on taking to final 2 was his girlfriend now wife.....and it was no secret what was going on between rob/amber, yet his team still bought it hook, line, and sinker including the "mastermind" rob c

his startegy worked, the lying strategy works, and since terry has let the cat out of the bag, he's gonna have to do some lying.....but had he kept his mouth shut he wouldnt

Snoozin' on the beach
    But what does Terry do next week if he loses the IC Challenge? He's still in the minority. Take a chance and hope Bruce switches when he's tried to get him to switch twice in a row and he didn't? That's a huge gamble.

I'm with you Qboots, he needs to look out for number one. Everyone else won't tak a deal that they think puts them in a worse position, why should Terry?

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    He could have given it to Austin after seeing Austin would be the one sent packing.
    How would he know for sure that would happen? Nothing is 100% certain in Survivor. He could have given it to Austin and then the vote could have changed to Sally 5 minutes before TC and he'd have no way of knowing that and the idol would be wasted. Why is it his job to save everyone else? Where's Austin's strategy? Where's Sally's plan?

The only thing that Terry could depend on tonight, 100%, is that the necklace saves him this week, the idol saves him next week, and it's at least 2 weeks from now before they can possibly vote him out.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

of course you gotta look out for number one, but why offer your friends false hope

unless he's cocky enought to think his "deals" are woth taking

which they are not!

he has huge bargaining chips and he's been pathetic at trying to switch the nubmers around

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    How would he know for sure that would happen? Nothing is 100% certain in Survivor. He could have given it to Austin and then the vote could have changed to Sally 5 minutes before TC and he'd have no way of knowing that and the idol would be wasted. Why is it his job to save everyone else? Where's Austin's strategy? Where's Sally's plan?

The only thing that Terry could depend on tonight, 100%, is that the necklace saves him this week, the idol saves him next week, and it's at least 2 weeks from now before they can possibly vote him out.
    You missed the first part of my question, unless I've misunderstood you Could Terry have given Austin the idol after the vote? When they saw that Austin had 5 votes compared to Aras's 3, could he have given him the idol and would Aras have been sent to loser lodge instead? Or does that only apply to the person who's using it on themselves (I don't remember all the rules regarding the idol. Up until last week I didn't even know you could give it to someone else ) If not, then yeah, I agree with you. You're right, it's not Terry's job to save anyone else but I don't think he's been very good at strategizing and won't give him credit in that department. And I also agree with you on Austin and Sally. They're too dependent on someone else to do the plotting for them.
    Last edited by karalott; 04-06-2006 at 09:54 PM.

I'm here on the west coast and thank you all for your comments. I spent last Thurs. night laughing at Terry, I've never seen anyone work as hard as he did to make someone change alliances and it backfired. Looks like its more of the same tonight. I agree, he just needs to look out for #1, but you've gotta have some "friends" to help you get there.

Snoozin' on the beach
    I don't think he was offering them false hope. I'm sure he was hoping (along with Sally and Austin) the plan would work and they all could help to convince Bruce and Danielle. They have to have some information about what's going on and what they are trying to do..be on the same page come TC.

Sally and Austin are adults, they knew it wasn't a garauntee of the plan working. Terry never said he'd give the idol to either of them. They assumed it would happen. They gave themselves false hope if they thought he'd just hand it over once the plan fell through.

By the way, didn't all 3 of them formulate this plan,? If we're gonna blame people for a weak plan, then Sally and Austin deserve just as much credit as terry.
    Last edited by Shady64; 04-06-2006 at 10:04 PM.

Could Terry have given Austin the idol after the vote?
    I continue to believe that the answer to this is 'no'. Jeff doesn't ask if anyone wants to give the person the idol, he does say unless someone has given it to them, they are gone.

As for Austin and/or Sally thinking he was going to give it to them, that makes no sense at this point (not that they wouldn't think that - sensible isn't a word I'd apply to these folks). If he did give it to one of them, they'd remain three, whereas giving it to someone outside of their original group would augment their numbers.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

You missed the first part of my question, unless I've misunderstood you Could Terry have given Austin the idol after the vote?
    It's my understanding that the person with the most votes would have to already have it on them. If you could simply hand it to someone after the vote, I'm sure Terry would have done that last week, while he still had an alliance of 4.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread