Poll: Who brought the granola bar?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Who brought the granola bar?

Christy

I thought it was Christy. She was looking around very guiltily when the discovery was made. :pond
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

I think it could have been Christy due to a miscommunication of some sort. Maybe.

Then there was that person in the chat room today claiming to be a friend of Heidi's. According to her, Heidi is diabetic and brought it in case of insulin shock.

I don't know. I think it could have been anyone.

I'm pretty sure it was Janet. She didn't exactly put up a strong defense. She only denied it once & wasn't very enthusiastic about it.

i voted for janet, but the more i think about it, i'm thinking jenna. i heard jeff probst on a dallas radio interview and, like john mentioned earlier, he said it was not planted, but actually pretty embarrassing for the 400 member crew who searches the people and their things very thoroughly, but obviously not thoroughly enough. he said he was pleased that the tribe threw the bar into the fire without eating it b/c if the women had gone on to win the whole thing, the men would say it was b/c they had brought food into their camp. by throwing the bar into the fire, this wasn't an issue. also, i think when the women went to box up their personal possessions to protect it from the rain, that had a granola bar been sitting in an empty box, they would have noticed it. it seems to me that in the women's haste to throw their things in the box, it fell out of a pocket or a bag.

The idea that Heidi would be allowed to participate in the show being diabetic just doesn't sit well with me.
    Diabetics need to carefully manage their diet so this could really be a life threatening experience for someone with that condition.
    "That's Numberwang!"

yeah, but we have no idea if heidi really is a diabetic. someone in a chat made that claim. remember, we have freaks...er... people coming here claiming to be contestants parents all the time. i'm not biting.

You're absolutely right Fluff. There is NO WAY that a diabetic could be on Survivor. Aside from the fact that one of the requirements is that you have good health, a diabetic has to monitor their food intake and insulin (or medication) intake carefully. It just would NOT work. :nono :nono

I originally thought Heidi brought the granola bar, but I've since become a bit suspicious of Jeanne - she was sure sneaky about the whole thing, wasn't she? And, her timing for telling the others about seeing the bar in Janets bag is very telling.
    Why doesn't it make sense? Because we're on the wrong side of the tapestry...

The chatter seemed pretty genuine.
    She said that Heidi had taken part in a fund raising effort with her.
    That could of course mean that Heidi has a family member or friend with diabetes so she's chosen to make that the cause she supports.

Even though I don't know the person in the chat, she seemed pretty reasonable in the claims she was making and her story seemed a lot more plausible than many we've seen here.
    It just seems to me that it would be damn near impossible to maintain your health if you if you were diabetic under the conditions we see on Survivor.
    If any one here has first hand knowledge of diabetes perhaps they'd be willing to share their views.
    I just can't see how being on Survivor would be possible.

I guess we'll find out soon enough.
    "That's Numberwang!"

JR.
    Fluff, my ex was diabetic. She had to constantly watch her carb/sugar intake and pretty much had to have set eating times. She had to check her blood sugar levels before eating, and needed insulin injections a couple of times a day.

I really don't think it would work on this show.

I had a friend who was diabetic, she recently died aged 32.
    I knwo the regime she had to follow, it sounds very similar to your ex's and there is no way she could have appeared on a show like this.

There was a football (soccer for you non-believers) in the UK called Gary Mabbutt. He had diabetes yet managed to play football for a top flight club and was even capped for England.
    I believe he had to test himself about four times a day (or more) and have insulin injections at least twice a day because of the way his career put exertions on his body.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels it would be damn near impossible for somone with diabetes to take part in this show.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast