+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3/15 Show Discussion The 1st 13 Days

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    On the soap issue...If I heard correctly, what precipitated the sexual division of the soaps was that Courtney saw that one was covered with black hairs after use by a male...Bruce I think. I can see where shew as coming from...not that women never "shed", but they at least usually pick the obvious hairs off afterwards, so you don't have to be reminded how many scuzzy people you are sharing the soap with. Shane was a jerk.
    Also Bruce was making some excuse why he needed the drinking water to wash that I couldn't catch...something about allergies? Water pouring thru the leaves from the sky might make him have a reaction? I don't know...there was something.
    Cirie was great. Sad about Sally's parents, and I agree, bonding taking place over that.
    Overall, not as good as a regular epi, but not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    Tina.. we found out more about her that I thought was funny. The oyster finds in the rocks.. HA! I'm super happy that she didn't tell anyone where to find them..especially knowing how much damn work she did for the camp. Geezuz, she built the shelter, found food and was the hardest work horse there. I'm still annoyed that they voted her out. Oh well.
    I had the opposite reaction. After seeing her keeping the oysters to herself I thought "Getting voted out is exactly what she deserved." Before the merge you have to do what's best for your team. After the merge it can change to every-man-for-himself. Her tribe had to go to Tribal Council because they did the poorest in the challenge. If she had given her tribemates some much needed protein maybe they would have done better and not had to go to TC at all.

to Sally's parents for the way they've treated her after her divorce. Unless that's just her ploy for sympathy, a la JFP's dead grandma. But she sounded sincere.
    Last edited by Qboots; 03-17-2006 at 12:20 AM.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    I actually paid more attention to the recap than I thought I would (but there was nothing else on so it's not like it wasted my time). Of course it's not like these are every really any good or worthwhile. No real new scenes that are good or telling, except for maybe a secret Sally/Austin fling/alliance (and to comment on Sally's parents-I thought my family was conservative. They think nothing of divorce. They figure why stay miserable. ) This recap just helped cement my love for Cirie. For a girl that looked like she didn't have a prayer (and who I thought would be the first one gone) things certainly have turned in her favor. Good thing she didn't end up on La Mina. Courtney is just nutty. She sounds so spaced out. I like Danielle but she comes across as thinking she's tougher than she really is. Shane is just there. Bruce...how the tide has turned on my feelings towards him. He was my favorite going into the show but he acts just a tad too entitled. Sorry bub, you don't wash your hands with the tribe's drinking water. I remember way back to season one that one guy (the old one who wasn't Rudy, can't remember his name but he was the second guy booted) did something similar when he used his tribe's drinking water to wash his clothes.

Tina continues slipping down further in my favor. To be honest, I was disappointed when she was voted off but now I'm glad she's gone. Between her post show interviews, her attitude after being voted off, and the oysters, she seemed to miss a crucial part of the game. She did practically nothing to save herself and just figured that because she was good around camp that would be enough for her to stay. Maybe sharing the oysters might have helped prove her worth a little more. I'm not sorry Bobby's gone either. I wish he had been gone long ago.

Now that I think about it it rains so much there why is the tribe not collecting rainwater instead of boiling crappy water. They don't have enough containers. What about coconut shells? I mean crack them open and leave them out to collect water when it rains. Are there not enough coconut shells????

Collect water off leaves. Make a funnel of the leaves. Use water running of a tarp if you have one. Leave out a t shirt and squeeze out the water when it is soaking wet. Although, some folks may object to using a dirty, sweaty t shirt, but if it rained enough wouldn't that clean it???

Snoozin' on the beach
    Sharing the oysters wouldn't have changed a thing. They had no idea how she caught that really big fish. Being the only one to provide her tribe with food didn't save her, the oysters wouldn't have either. They had decided before they even lost the challenge that Tina would be the first to go ( Melinda's Interview)

I'm glad she didn't show them. I'd be so pissed if I showed my tribe where the secret food source was and still got booted. Let 'em starve. Keeping it secret would have been a fantastic edge for her had she lasted longer. Imagine going into the merge and being the only one to eat because you knew where to look for food? She'd always have the energy to win challenges while no one else did.

My question is: why has noone else discovered that there are oysters to be had? These people are killing me. They'll eat tiny little minnows, but there were probably oysters all over the very rocks they were climbing on.

I agree about the water, too...it seems they have a daily rainstorm, but nobody has enough sense to collect the rainwater.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    My question is: why has noone else discovered that there are oysters to be had? These people are killing me. They'll eat tiny little minnows, but there were probably oysters all over the very rocks they were climbing on.
    In an interview, Tina said they were on the other side of the island. She had asked all of the older women to go exploring with her and none of them would go, they wanted to sit around. I imagine since they became 2 tribes, they are too lazy to put much more effort than a half hearted attempt into it. If any of them got off their duff and went scrounging around they'd have found them by now. Why didn't the younger women get fruit like they did when it was 4 tribes? They know for a fact it's there and how to get it. One of the dumbest groups of survivors ever, they deserve to starve

The one thing every Survivor agrees on is how much down time there is and how incredibly bored they are. You'd think if hunger doesn't drive them to look for food, that boredom would, just to look around for something to do. I guess they'd rather sit around like bumps on a log and complain instead.
    Last edited by Shady64; 03-17-2006 at 07:07 PM.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Everyone's afraid to leave the others alone for a moment for fear they'll start plotting.

When I saw it was a recap show it made it easier for me to decide what to tape and what to watch. It's hard when AI and ANTM are on along with Survivor.

FORT Regular
    Bobby is hilarious! "Where does this stick go? In the fire? What about this one? Oh, that goes in the fire too?" How could anyone not get the joke?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast