+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3/15 Show Discussion The 1st 13 Days

There were only a few interesting clips, but it was mostly just stuff we know already. Shane's an asshat, Bobby was way too arrogant, and Courtney is just plain weird (girl soap? ). Bruce washing his hands with the drinking water was incredibly stupid...it was raining! Stick your hands outside and wash them, doofus!

I feel bad for Sally after hearing about her situation, though. Makes me like her a little more than I did...and I agree, it looks like she is closer to Austin than has been shown.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    I feel bad for Sally after hearing about her situation, though. Makes me like her a little more than I did...and I agree, it looks like she is closer to Austin than has been shown.
    What I really got from that piece of footage is that the producers want us to start liking her. There is a reason they chose to show that to us now, rather than two or three weeks ago. She is about to come 'on' the radar.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I knew there was something that made Sally and Austin closer..especially after he campaigned for Ruth Ann to be booted instead of her. Now we know.

Shane scrubbing his dirty butt was absolutely gross to see.
    Nothing new to see there..he's the same A-hole.
    Also, it's no surprise that he's constantly talking about Boston. That annoys me. You KNEW that you were going to be gone for 39 days..stop with the "I'm the best daddy in the world" schtick because you talk about him and declare your sadness every second of free time the tribe can get.

Tina.. we found out more about her that I thought was funny. The oyster finds in the rocks.. HA! I'm super happy that she didn't tell anyone where to find them..especially knowing how much damn work she did for the camp. Geezuz, she built the shelter, found food and was the hardest work horse there. I'm still annoyed that they voted her out. Oh well.

Bruce.. oy. When he argued with Aras about the fire, I was convinced that he just loves to rile people up and act almighty simply to get under peoples' skin. Seeing how he INSISTED on washing his stupid hands with the only drinking water left....sealed it for me. He's a jerk.
    Why did he need to wash his hands so bad?? As if they're going to stay pristine clean afterward anyway.. gah! I just can't stand him.

Bobby.. NOW I see why the women in the camp couldn't stand him. He's so disrespectful toward women. If one of the guys had asked him to do the fire..and they were saying where to put the sticks, would he have been equally a-hole-ish? Highly doubt it. I'm glad he's gone.

All in all.. this "recrapper" episode.. scale from 1 to 10, 10 being GREAT.. I'd say it was a 3. Bare minimum "new scenes".

Oh, two more things I just remembered;
    ~I wonder why they didn't include the snake eating in the regular episodes?
    ~The licking of the leaves for water.. why aren't they constructing the leaves into a funnel & capturing it into a bottle?!??
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    Bruce.. oy. When he argued with Aras about the fire, I was convinced that he just loves to rile people up and act almighty simply to get under peoples' skin. Seeing how he INSISTED on washing his stupid hands with the only drinking water left....sealed it for me. He's a jerk.
    Different Tribe. Aras wasn't there during the hand washing episode. Aras is still a cry baby power-monger who wants to scold everyone who doesn't follow behind him. Oh, was that out-loud?

Bobby.. NOW I see why the women in the camp couldn't stand him. He's so disrespectful toward women. If one of the guys had asked him to do the fire..and they were saying where to put the sticks, would he have been equally a-hole-ish? Highly doubt it. I'm glad he's gone.
    No MAN would have been trying to tell him where to put the sticks. If Danielle knows so much about where the sticks go in the fire, why, why, WHY didn't she do it herself instead of waking up Bobby? Oh yeah, to be spiteful because he was still sleeping instead of hanging out with her.

Quote Originally Posted by CEO View Post
    Different Tribe. Aras wasn't there during the hand washing episode. Aras is still a cry baby power-monger who wants to scold everyone who doesn't follow behind him. Oh, was that out-loud?
    No.. Bruce got all snippy at Aras about "go get the wood then" when Aras said they needed his help with the fire. Then he went on and on about imagined statements that Aras didn't even say. I was annoyed at him then and thought that he was just a rabble-rouser.
    THEN, when I saw the extra clip last night of the uncalled for insistence of using the drinking water to wash his hands.. it sealed it for me, as in, YUP..he's a rabble-rouser and I don't like him.

Oh, and yea..I agree with you on Aras..totally! Can't stand him either.
    No MAN would have been trying to tell him where to put the sticks. If Danielle knows so much about where the sticks go in the fire, why, why, WHY didn't she do it herself instead of waking up Bobby? Oh yeah, to be spiteful because he was still sleeping instead of hanging out with her.
    Ya know..NOBODY, man OR woman would have to tell someone where to put the sticks if that person was doing it DILIGENTLY AND CORRECTLY in the first place. He was clearly irritated that he had to get his lazy ass up to do anything and it sure didn't look like he was (in the least) TRYING to get the sticks in the right spot for a flame.
    His total disregard toward them was because they were women.
    He thinks Danielle was being stupid for not catching on to his obnoxiousness.. but, if he'd stop thinking his shat doesn't stink for one second and realize that she was doing the exact same thing to HIM.. maybe he'd start to understand why she's still in the game and HE isn't.

Also.. Why hasn't any MAN said to him "Why do you have such an aversion to work??"
    No, the women didn't go up to him and stick that out there..to basically start a fight with his lazy self.. they decided to ASK for help with the fire, and don't forget ...Cerie politely asked (before asking for help), "are you feeling alright?" You really don't believe that Danielle WANTED him to come out and hang out with her..do you?? No, she wanted his lazy ass to DO something.
    For some "unknown" reason (in quotes becuz I think I really do know), the men feel like they can say whatever they want to the women, but HELL NO will they say anything to each other when it clearly NEEDS to be said.
    Last edited by Maveno; 03-16-2006 at 05:58 PM.

CEO
    ...Cerie politely asked (before asking for help), "are you feeling alright?"
    I think Cerie did a fantastic job talking to Bobby, and everyone else. I did not want to like her after her 'I hate bugs' BS on the first episode; but now I think she is one of the most perceptive survivors. Ever. She knows how to read people and to communicate with them like no one that has played this game before. I still don't want her to win over my favorites, but I will give her all of the credit that can be given. She is a good player and its not editing. She understands PEOPLE.

Quote Originally Posted by CEO View Post
    I think Cerie did a fantastic job talking to Bobby, and everyone else. I did not want to like her after her 'I hate bugs' BS on the first episode; but now I think she is one of the most perceptive survivors. Ever. She knows how to read people and to communicate with them like no one that has played this game before. I still don't want her to win over my favorites, but I will give her all of the credit that can be given. She is a good player and its not editing. She understands PEOPLE.
    Yes, we're on the same page CEO! The first couple of weeks I WASN'T a fan of hers. Also, hearing how Probst was touting her as one of the biggest favorites in Survivor history.. I was like, "Nooo, you can't convince me of that!" But, honestly... she's made me a fan. I enjoy her confessionals, and she CRACKS me up! I love watching her facial expressions and demeanor when there's a fight going on. Too funny. Yup, I agree..she's great.
    I hope she places second, right behind Sally.

Bobby might have been an ass, but assuming you'd been aroused from sleepy time, would Bobby's passive resistance seemed all that misplaced at the moment to you?

I must have heard wrong, it had sounded like Cirie told Bobby they could use his help with the fire while she and Danielle went on to do ???whatever. He gets up, they promptly sit down on their butts and start with the directives of just how the fire ought to be managed.

Putting on my Bobby hat for a sec, 'If you have such a clear image of what you want done, saunter on over here and do it your own self'. If they (Danielle primarily, seeing as she was the main mouth) wanted Bobby to perform, they should've either been doing something themselves at the same time or at least have remained silent. Not many embrace being a puppet for another enthusiastically.

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster View Post
    Not many embrace being a puppet for another enthusiastically.
    One thing we had reinforced for us last on last night's episode was that the disfunctional four made no bones about who was and who was NOT in their alliance. The people on the outside were on the OUTSIDE. It is easy to dismiss Bobbys behavior as unacceptable, but not one of us would like having four whicked step-sisters -- 'hey cinderella, you're lazy. Get up and make the fire so we can get warm before you win a reward challenge for us. Later when we go to tribal council, we will vote one of you outsiders off the island. You better work hard or we might not take you to the ball..." Yeah, Im gonna have alot of spring in my step if I'm bobby...
    Last edited by CEO; 03-16-2006 at 06:18 PM.

CEO
    I hope she places second, right behind Terry
    There, I fixed it for you...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast