+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 3/2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by wagon29 View Post
    I just got home from work & sat down to enjoy Survivor. I taped the wrong channel ! Thank God you guys are here doing a play by play for me to read or I'd be SOL. THANKS
    TIVO is your friend. Embrace the power...

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Also, who made Aras the ethics police. Every time Bruce says anything Aras gets on his case and dictates how Bruce should act. A 40 + yr old man does not need to be dictated to by a 20 something yoga instructor it is annoying. Aras acts as if he is in charge and he does a poor job as a leader. Sooner or later his ass will be fryed.
    The question that I had was what else was Bruce supposed to do to help them build that fire? It already looked like a highway paving crew with three people standing around watching, They only thing missing was someone holding up a shovel. Did they need bruce to be the fourth. Aras just wanted to pick a fight and put Bruce 'in his place'...

FORT Fogey
    I like Aras and I like that fact that he appears to be an ethical person and this game doesn't seem to be robbing him of that. It's just so natural to him, he doesn't make a big deal out of being ethical, he just is.

Casaya, or however you spell it, just made a fatal mistake. When will these people learn it's too early in the game to be voting out strong players because you think, down the line, they'll turn on you. You need to get to the merge with numbers and you can't do that if you vote out strong players and keep weaker, more loyal players.

Bobby should have been booted right before the merge, if necessary, since we all know about when the merge is going to happen. Now Casaya has only two strong guys (and Bobby was the strongest on the team, in terms of strength) and those two stupid chicks. I would have voted Courtney out in a heartbeat because she is annoying everyone and she is pretty useless in most of the challenges.

The fact that Casaya was shown discussing who to vote out next week (Shane) in the previews, it appears that would indicate they are going to TC again. Otherwise, why would there be much of a discussion. Bad move on MB's part to give us such a big clue.

You know I don't like Bobby but I can see how bonding with some members of Casaya could be hard. And it did seem to me that shelter was pretty full up. I still like Bruce though. And I still DO NOT like Courtney.
    La Mina did really well this time around, but I'm confused as to why (according to the previews) they have to resort to minnows if they got a whole bag of beans. Did they eat the whole bag? IS that why Austin and Nick were so sick? Oh and I like Circe too! You go girl! Oh and one other thing..both tribes continue to send the same person (or at least so far) to Exile Island, I wonder are they not thinking that they are just giving that person an extra great chance of finding the idol? I mean we know Terry has it, but seriously if you go to the island once a freaking week you’re bound to have time to really look for the island and the advantage of knowing where not to look.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Prittieboy View Post
    There goes my hopes that an African American MALE will ever win this show...
    Don't blame the African American males, blame the producers. When you have one a season and generally the laziest person or most obnoxious person they can find, how do you expect them to beat the odds and win?

I wonder if Bobby had watched this show before? He's a strong man, which would make him a target, and then he does stupid things that he had to know would anger his tribemates and make him more of a target. I think we should put together a Survivor manual for future players and one of the basic rules - don't drink/eat more than your share of the wine, beer, pizza, hoagie won by the tribe.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    So does Terry not even get a cup of beans before he has to go?
    When he returned Terry was carrying TWO bags, one the same color as the beans (that brick red). Okay, so they sent some beans with him.

But when does he get the time to collect anything else before they hawl him off to Exile Island? The exiled must get a "prepared" bag from the production crew. Seems that flint is included since the exiled would have no such thing at the competition. (And maybe they keep his idol for him?)

And while on the subject: I think the idea of sending the same person to Exile Island each time is a good one. Choosing the "best" of the other team is choosing the one who is least likely to need the idol. Choosing a repeat narrows the strategies needed after the merge.

FORT Regular
    Those dumba@@es should have decimated La Mina, then dropped Bobby. But what I really don't get is why they find loud, abusive, mentally unstable Shane more tolerable than Bobby.

Quote Originally Posted by superfly View Post
    The funniest part about this tribal council is that they're going to have all the wrong perceptions of who voted for who.

1. Aras is going to think Bruce voted for him rather than Shane since he tried to get Bruce voted out.
    2. Courtney will have absolutely no clue that Bruce voted for her. She will think it was Bobby since they had that wine argument.
    3. Aras will think Shane is still loyal to him and voted along with him for Bruce. Ironically, Shane actually voted for Aras.
    Lol. I find this epi's TC so amusing too. The votes are just crazy. Shane said his vote was a throwaway vote and doesn't mean anything at all. Aras is just unlucky that his name starts with an 'A'. Personally, I think it is right for them to vote out Bobby, since he goes back on his word so easily (by voting for Bruce).
    ~~ Failure is all but a detour to success~~

Quote Originally Posted by dberk View Post
    . . .They lost the RC because Dan and Sally had an ornery fish that kept trying to escape. . .
    I guess losing the fishing spear was not an isolated thing for Sally. If they keep Spearchucker Sal around, they need to keep her away from anything that needs to be hung onto. Or maybe from anything involving fish. Or maybe anything they'll need to use later.
    Last edited by Ellen; 03-03-2006 at 11:13 AM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I caught parts of the early morning show, where Bobby was able to present his side of the story.

Someone posted earlier that Bobby didn't try hard to socialize or avoid faux pas like with the 'deuce' and the wine because he knew he was doomed. He confirmed this, saying he was told 10 days previous that he would be kept around for the challenges, then dropped.

Like Cirie, he could have fought his way out of that. Poor game play on his part, poor game play on the part of whoever told him he was doomed - probably Aras (that's my guess)

Bobby said 'Ask yourself why 2 grown mature men would go into an outhouse at night.' He says he and Bruce really WERE forced out, in all ways.

Lastly: Bobby said that Courteny had 4 personalities - 1 was quite nice, 1 was really intolerable.

Someone else on this forum mentioned that it would be hard to bond with these folks. I'd have to agree.

What a dysfunctional bunch of zanies

+ Reply to Thread