+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Where would you search for immunity idol?

Where would you search for immunity idol?

From 2/2 Show thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    P.S. Misty - the skulls, the skulls...
    Misty disappointed me with her worthless non-search, though her conniving thought about bamboozling the others redeemed her a teensy tiny bit.

Like Arielflies, the area around the skulls appeared to be a good place to start rooting around to me. How Misty arrived at that hairbrained notion of examining where she and her gal pals were standing is beyond me.

Considering that Jeff went out of his way indicating that the full water cask was something useless to her for drinking seeing as she lacked fire to boil the water, I'd begin with searching in and around it. Its hard to imagine future exiles having the foresight to bring a flint along with them, so the water will be useless to them as well, at least for safe drinking purposes.

I wonder if the others will come up amongst themselves with any kind of coordinated plan for searching the island so that people from the same tribe don't continually search the same ground, and if so, whether that is actually good. Could you trust something as significant as the immunity idol to the eyes of another?

Well I ended up shaking my head when Jeff told her that he had already given her a clue to where it was. It went right over my head. I don't think it will be near that skull, because that is the main point of interest on the island & seems to be the only thing to really explore so everyone would check it out. You are right though about the fire & water thing, it seemed as though she didn't even try. Maybe, everybody will be so consumed with finding the Idol they will forget everything else.

I'm assuming that rather than bumbling across the actual idol, they'll either locate on their own or be led to additional clues that will incrementally narrow the search grid.

Jeff indicated he'll be providing them with clues, which seems to indicate to me that the idol won't be found convieniently stashed in some niche that would favor just an ordinary eagle eyed individual in hunt mode.

I'm betting some excavation will come into play.

Jeff said something like "Consider why Fate left you behind." Misty went for "behind", but the veejer family was thinking about "fate".

In Greek mythology, the Fates are three sisters who control peoples lives. One sister spins the thread of their life, the second measures it, and the third cuts it.

Perhaps there is a vine (thread) somewhere that has to be cut down with the machete to reveal the idol.

My daughter also thought that the sisters were blind and so it could also be near the empty eyesockets of the skull. I didn't remember the blind part.

Quote Originally Posted by veejer View Post
    Jeff said something like "Consider why Fate left you behind." Misty went for "behind", but the veejer family was thinking about "fate".

In Greek mythology, the Fates are three sisters who control peoples lives. One sister spins the thread of their life, the second measures it, and the third cuts it.

Perhaps there is a vine (thread) somewhere that has to be cut down with the machete to reveal the idol.

My daughter also thought that the sisters were blind and so it could also be near the empty eyesockets of the skull. I didn't remember the blind part.
    That's interesting, veejer, something I probably would have never thought of. When I thought about fate, it seemed to point towards where they were looking for the amulets, fate coming into play seeing as there were only three available for four competitors. You either chanced upon one or you didn't, and the person with the most drive and determination could have still ended up the loser. I still don't understand why both gals didn't come back at the same time. Hadn't Jeff indicated there were only three amulets?

Once three people had taken off, that would seem like an indicator to me the challenge had been completed, excepting an impending onset of Montezuma's Revenge or something equally wildly wrong with one of the high tailers.

The Island seems quite small and the Idol would have to be hidden better than last season. I also was thinking that it would be buried, that would make it much harder to find, the vine idea sounded interesting too.
    I would have been digging the entire time I was there, not walking/sitting around in the water pouting.
    Can they use the skull as shelter or is not hollow, I never noticed, but if you can't sleep in it I would have made something incase it rained. She seems kinda useless to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster View Post
    Considering that Jeff went out of his way indicating that the full water cask was something useless to her for drinking seeing as she lacked fire to boil the water, I'd begin with searching in and around it. Its hard to imagine future exiles having the foresight to bring a flint along with them, so the water will be useless to them as well, at least for safe drinking purposes.
    I had the exact same feeling, Leftcoaster! When Jeff said he already gave her the clue, I rewound and kept thinking "Look in the barrel! Look in the barrel!"
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina View Post
    I had the exact same feeling, Leftcoaster! When Jeff said he already gave her the clue, I rewound and kept thinking "Look in the barrel! Look in the barrel!"
    I never really thought about the water comment as a clue last night, but it would be an awsome hidding place. Although I think that buring it under the barrel would make it much harder to find and still right under their noses.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster View Post
    I thought the same thing, Leftcoaster. The fact that Jeff mentioned the water although it was useless to her stood out to me when I replayed it.

Misty seemed kind of lost though. Why in the world was she digging behind where they were standing? I could find no reason for that in anything Jeff said!

I hope one of them can use their smarts to creatively follow the clues. Aimless digging would be pointless and exhausting!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    I thought the same thing, Leftcoaster. The fact that Jeff mentioned the water although it was useless to her stood out to me when I replayed it.

Misty seemed kind of lost though. Why in the world was she digging behind where they were standing? I could find no reason for that in anything Jeff said!

I hope one of them can use their smarts to creatively follow the clues. Aimless digging would be pointless and exhausting!
    Jeff said "left behind". That was her reasoning. Weak, but then I didn't think of anything better. The water idea is a good one.
    Additional clues each week will do no good really if you don't know the preceeding ones, will they? Unless they get more and more specific.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast