+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Where would you search for immunity idol?

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Some caps of Bruce's scroll:

That is an interesting image. The 'where it isn't' appears to be restricted to the land the way I'm seeing it, turn that map around and include the water next to the eliminated region along with the opposite shore and you have something approximating a "Y".

I'm still drawn to the water, either there or the cask, due to JR.'s image.

Edited to add:

I don't read that exclusionary clue as including all that is colored in, I believe because of the downward arrow it is indicating the area where it actually comes down to earth.
    Last edited by Leftcoaster; 02-15-2006 at 10:27 PM.

The only idol clue connection I saw this episode was during the 'Last time on Survivor' intro, where the camera showed a "Y" shaped branch at the last TC, positioned by itself (against a rock?), standing out in the foreground.

Well, Y is a clue for sure, they've been obvious about that one. I must have missed the F on the tree...I suck at figuring these things out, though.

I wonder why no new clues were shown this week?
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Well, Y is a clue for sure, they've been obvious about that one. I must have missed the F on the tree...I suck at figuring these things out, though.

Yeah, I was wondering about that too. At first I just thought that maybe they gave him a clue and there wasn't time after the editing to show it, but they have to know that there are too many people watching that want to figure it out just as bad as the castaways.

When Bruce said that he didn't have time to look for the Idol it implied that he didn't find it last time out. And I expected them to show the clue the next day after the big storm.

FORT Regular
    Y (look for a Y)
    Fate (find Eight shape or skull?)
    Left (turn left)
    U (find U shaped object)
    Behind (dig behind U shaped object)

I know, too simplistic

Perhaps only a new resident gets updated.

I just read this weeks "Standing in the shadows" and "Bruce" reminded us us his survival skills (30+ years, isn't it?) while reiterating that he couldn't search for the idol during stormy weather.

That reminded me that he didn't impress me holing up during the storm. It looked like he burrowed up under a log or something, but unless it was freezing rain, he coulda shoulda put some effort into making some better shelter, even if he got a little damp in the process. At least that is what I'd expect from someone who crows about being Cap'n Survival.

Quote Originally Posted by CharmmyKitty View Post
    I know, too simplistic
    I don't agree. You put more thought into that than I bet either Misty or Bruce have. I wouldn't have connected things the way you did, but others like the show staff sure might.
    Last edited by Leftcoaster; 02-18-2006 at 05:46 PM.

Snoozin' on the beach
    A little off topic but does anyone get the feeling they'll do another tribal switch this season? I was just thinking, at this point, both tribes (and the audience) have gotten comfortable with the idea that this is how it will be until they merge and would never expect it. They've all got alliances going and it would really throw a wrench into everyone's plans.

I don't know, it just seems like it would be a good idea to shake things up even more and no one would see it coming.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady64 View Post
    A little off topic but does anyone get the feeling they'll do another tribal switch this season? I was just thinking, at this point, both tribes (and the audience) have gotten comfortable with the idea that this is how it will be until they merge and would never expect it. They've all got alliances going and it would really throw a wrench into everyone's plans.

I don't know, it just seems like it would be a good idea to shake things up even more and no one would see it coming.
    I'm right there with ya Shady! I was thinking after last weeks show that within the next few weeks would be an excellent time to reshuffle- especially since they all made alliances right away. I would love to see it and hope it happens.

I'd like to see it (tribe reshuffle) as well, maybe immediately following Bruce's next kick back to Exile Island.

Here's how I'd like to see it take place....

Jeff announces there will be a dual tribal council, says no more.

After the first tribe arrives after spending some quality time twirling their thumbs and gets cozy, a bedraggled and surly looking Bruce arrives to eavesdrop on events having just arrived from a visit to both tribes camp where he's been empowered and encouraged to go on a little destructive fury.

Bruce listens in while Jeff brings out the worst in the tribe on hand and then sends them on their merrily disgrunted way without having an ousting vote. The second tribe comes in for the same type session, no bootie vote.

The following day Bruce comes back officially at IC charged with creating a new alignment however he sees fit.

He then lines up with his new super uber tribe who welcomes him with love and adoration whereupon Jeff sneeringly shouts out "Psyche!", states there wasn't really a switch and banishes Bruce back to his island.

After Bruce is tased, hogtied and dragged off frothing at the mouth and speaking in riddles, Jeff tells the rest to grab their socks and.... no, Jeff announces its time for a tribe shuffle.

Last one picked for each tribe by Bruce are the choosers. Only they aren't choosing who they prefer for their tribe, they are tasked with choosing members for the opposing tribe, presumably those they care for least.

Snoozin' on the beach
    You've given this some thought Leftcoaster

As fun as that would be to see happen, it will probably be more like Murphy's law. The episode Shane's tribemates have decided to boot once and for all, Jeff will surprise everyone with a tribal shuffle. Shane will be with a different group and no longer the main target anymore. We'll be stuck with him even longer

+ Reply to Thread