+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tina: Exile Island

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Aota Bass View Post
    I really like her based on the bio etc. I can't believe she's participating right after losing her son. Wow. I can't even imagine.
    It isn't "right after" really--she was supposed to have been in last season's show and that would have been right after, but they agreed to postpone her apparently. Not sure how long is long enough ... obviously different for everyone...hope it has been long enough for her as I really like the sound of her.

This is a strong woman,both mentally and physically...and I hope she goes far,I really like her.
    Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

Looks like a smoker with will power...Go Tina!
    Last edited by Zaaam; 02-02-2006 at 05:04 PM.
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

Go Tina! I just hope her hair isn't as big on the Island.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    I am so bummed! I hate when my favorite gets the boot first! ESPECIALLY by three dumb wenches!
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Snoozin' on the beach
    Me too. I hate to see her go, I was really rooting for her. If she had the chance to stick around, she had what it takes to get really far.

I feel bad for her-that this was something she and her son were working towards together before he died, and that was why she came on the next season-to see it through in his memory. Then she gets booted first

I was hella surprised that she was booted on the first show,and I my heart goes out to her for the loss of her son.

Maybe the others perceived her individuality and strength as threatening and that was what did her in.

I am shocked that after Vanuatu,strength is still seen as a hinderance.

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorkles View Post
    I was hella surprised that she was booted on the first show,and I my heart goes out to her for the loss of her son.

Maybe the others perceived her individuality and strength as threatening and that was what did her in.

I am shocked that after Vanuatu,strength is still seen as a hinderance.
    Glad I wasnt the only one to notice that. Yeah, get yourself stuck with 3 weak players, so you get to go to tribal council a crapload of times.

Strong as she was in certain regards, her tribe made the right call. I maintain if you can't resist cutting your own throat at TC, of all possible places, you've proven yourself to be the weakest link.

That beachfront reveling in her misery shows that nowhere near her undivided attention was focused on the game or competing. Others have mentioned her not being shown chatting up her tribemates. That might be editing, but it could just as easily be that her head was elsewhere.

Cirie might not have stacked up well against Tina across the board, but her self protective instincts kicked in for her in a way that didn't happen with Tina.

I was kinda hoping that she wouldn't get the boot yet, but at TC telling her team mates that they don't work hard enough after only a few days...Come On! The first boot is usually based on how people get along, since they haven't had much of a change to prove themselves at changes yet, so you DON'T tell them they are lazy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast