+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tina: Exile Island

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt View Post
    Ow. Hayward is about 60 miles from my hometown. Please, Tina, don't be embarassing!

I don't understand how anyone keeps going after losing a kid. I don't have any, but it just seems like it would be impossible. Very sad.
    I would totally agree...being pregnant now with my first...I'm already very protective and worried about my child...but having one that age leave you would be devastating! However she said she's determined to finish what she started with her son and that's one reason why she's doing the show. I admire her dedication! I hope she goes far! (And hopefully it's not like the Johnny Fairplay escapade we saw before!!)

The travelling lumberjacks has peaked my curiosity.

Very sad story about her son but she's not getting my sympathy vote just yet. I made that mistake early on with The Weavers on TAR. Boy, did they quickly change my mind!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    The travelling lumberjacks has peaked my curiosity.

Very sad story about her son but she's not getting my sympathy vote just yet. I made that mistake early on with The Weavers on TAR. Boy, did they quickly change my mind!
    Ahh yes, you are right!!She seems like she could do good though.

Anyone know who was chosen as her alternate to go to Guatemala?
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

I think I read in the spoiler thread that it was Amy.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    Makes sense. Very suitable replacement.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    It's only fitting that someone who's an avid lumberjill would have musk as her favorite scent.

Very sad about her son.
    And wood smoke??? I wonder if she's got any critters living in that hair... if they gave awards for Big Hair she would have taken State.

I also think the loss of her son is very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    That makes sense. I figured either her or Lydia would fit the same sort of demographic.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Snoozin' on the beach
    I'm liking her chances the more I read about her. One article in a Maine newspaper said:

Scheer has won world titles for logging sports in both North America and Australia. She's a champion log roller, and is also one of few women who competes in underhand chopping and crosscut sawing.
    I've never been to one of these things (and never would) but have passed it when channel surfing. Being a lumberjill and all the skills that go with it may not come in handy in everyday life, but I can't think of a more appropriate place that it would help her excel than Survivor. She's got to have fantastic balance to be a world champion in log rolling and the saw and axe thing means she's got the upper body strength. You don't do well in those kind of things unless you've got a good deal of strength and speed among other things. Plus she is the owner and emcee so she must be able to know how to entertain a crowd, which should help her social game. Off the top of my head, In ASS, Amazon and Palua there where challenges that were log roll type stuff or running on boards balancing along the way with and without being on water. That would be right up her alley if they had some like that this time.

Being really competitive is great but when your livelihood (or part of it) depends on it, I think it has more of an edge or intensity to it. I think she is going to be a big part of her team winning, if she doesn't do anything stupid to get herself booted. The only downside is if the challenges are really long, she won't have the stamina to keep up that kind of pace. I have no idea what to expect her mental game to be like.

If she doesn't pull a "Twila" with the attitude, I can see her going very far.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady64 View Post
    If she doesn't pull a "Twila" with the attitude, I can see her going very far.
    Even if she is a Twila, she can get very far. Her tribe will keep her around for her strength, and after the merge she won't be considered a threat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast