+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 30 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Terry: Exile Island

Terry: Exile Island

From the official site:
    Terry Deitz was born and raised in Matawan, New Jersey, by his mother, Peggy and father, George. He has three brothers, Mickey, Skip and Tommie, and one sister, Pegi.

Deitz attended St. Joseph's Grammar School in Keyport, New Jersey, where he played little league baseball, football and basketball. He was also an avid swimmer and a member of the dive team. He then attended St. John Vianney High School in Holmdel, New Jersey, where he earned 11 Varsity letters in football (quarterback), baseball (catcher) and wrestling. He received All County and All Conference awards and made All-State Baseball 1st Team. In addition, he was Varsity Captain for three sports.

From 1978 to 1982, Deitz attended the United States Naval Academy. While there, he played four years of Varsity Division I baseball. In 1982, he was ordered to the USS Enterprise aircraft carrier as a Ship's Officer in the Weapons Department, where he handled ship's defense systems. He was also Officer of the Deck qualified, which enabled him to run the ship for the Captain on a four-hour watch rotation.

In 1984, Deitz was ordered to the US Navy flight school in Pensacola, Florida, where he learned to fly a Navy T-34 turbo prop. He earned jet grades and was sent to Meridian, Mississippi for T-2 and T-A4 advanced jet training. After he obtained his Navy wings, he was ordered to NAS Miramar in San Diego, California, for training in the F-14 Tomcat. In 1986, he began flying the F-14. In 1987, he was a pilot with the Fighter Squadron-51 (Miramar/Deployed on the USS Carl Vinson CVN-70).

Deitz met his wife, Trish, six days before his last six-month cruise. They had three dates, and then he went away for six months. They eventually married on October 5, 1991.

From 1990-1992, Deitz conducted shore duty as an F-14 Instructor pilot. In 1992, married life with family aspirations triggered his decision to leave the active duty Navy.

He was honorably discharged from active Navy and entered Navy reserve. He was then hired by American Airlines as a commercial pilot. In 1994, he and his family moved from San Diego to Simsbury, Connecticut to be able to fly out of New York and Boston. While employed as a commercial pilot, he was also hired by the Naval Reserve Logistics Squadron-52 where he flew the DC-9 worldwide out of the Navy air station in Willow Grove, Pennsylvania. He was later promoted to Commander and eventually retired in April 2001.

Beginning in 1995, Deitz continued to fly with the Navy Reserve and was promoted to Commander. He had also moved over to the wide body Airbus A-300 at American Airlines to fly both London and Caribbean routes. He retired in April of 2001.

Deitz presently resides in Simsbury, Connecticut with Trish and their children, Kayla and Daniel. He continues to fly with American Airlines, piloting the Airbus A300. His birth date is October 10, 1959.
    Favourites:

Colors Navy blue, gold
    Scents My wife's perfume, dinner cooking, cigar smoke outside
    Flowers Wisteria, rose
    Board Games Pictionary
    Video Games Flying simulators
    Sports to Play Football, baseball, golf, tennis, hockey, surfing
    Sports Teams Red Sox, Jets, Navy
    Outdoor Activities Sports, hiking, construction
    TV Shows SURVIVOR, THE AMAZING RACE, ESPN, Fox News, Weather Channel
    Movies Saving Private Ryan, Castaway, Top Gun
    Actors Matt Damon, John Travolta, Tom Cruise, John Cusack
    Actresses Renée Zellweger, Marisa Tomei, Jennifer Aniston
    Music Rock & roll, Springsteen, Eagles, John Cougar Mellencamp
    Magazines Sports Illustrated, Aviation Week
    Books/Authors Tom Clancy, Colin Powell
    Cereals Raisin Bran
    Fruits Mango, banana, orange, melon, strawberries
    Snack Foods Mixed nuts, low carb protein bars
    Cookies Chocolate chip, Heath bar, white chunk macadamia
    Candy Bars Heath bar, Snickers
    Alcoholic Drinks Michelob Ultra, Guinness, rum & Coke, scotch
    Non-Alcoholic Water, Diet Pepsi

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Ok. Now I see why these bios are bugging me. They're WAY too long. I mean, really. Who really NEEDS to know what exactly he was flying, for how long, what state he has flown over, how many hours he comandeered a ship, etc, etc.. Ughh! I'm not considering HIRING any of these people...why are they jam packing all this useless info? Is it just me?

AnyWHO.. with that said. I like this guy and he's definitely in my top ranking. For now.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I like this one, too.

Reminds me of Tom...not bad.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I suspect Terry will be around a while, as long as he stays kind of low key. Otherwise some of the others may see him as a huge threat.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Snoozin' on the beach
    A real life topgun, I like him. he''s got to have brains and guts with that background. Reminds me of Tom too.

FORT Fogey
    One of these father figures has to be an ass. I just can't figure out which one.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Reminds me of Tom...not bad.
    Yeah, I get a Tom-crossed with-Hunter vibe from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    Ok. Now I see why these bios are bugging me. They're WAY too long. I mean, really. Who really NEEDS to know what exactly he was flying, for how long, what state he has flown over, how many hours he comandeered a ship, etc, etc.. Ughh! I'm not considering HIRING any of these people...why are they jam packing all this useless info? Is it just me?
    I'm enjoying the lengthy bios. But only because it's Survivor. If it was any other show I wouldn't give a rat's ass.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    I'm enjoying the lengthy bios. But only because it's Survivor. If it was any other show I wouldn't give a rat's ass.
    They're just filled with a lot of useless info (to me anyway). For instance.. second episode in, or even the 11th episode in, where we've gotten to know them a lot better.
    I'm not going to be thinking or saying, "ohh..yea! Thank GOD he learned to fly a Navy T-34 turbo prop. He earned jet grades and was sent to Meridian, Mississippi for T-2 and T-A4 advanced jet training! But what'll help him build the camp better is his training in the F-14 Tomcat. Remember in 1986, he began flying the F-14? Oh yeah, and in 1987, he was a pilot with the Fighter Squadron-51 (Miramar/Deployed on the USS Carl Vinson CVN-70)."

Know what I mean?
    Last edited by Maveno; 01-10-2006 at 02:53 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 30 1234567891011 ... LastLast